Houston Dynamo Visiting Supporter Group Plan
Houston Dynamo Visiting Supporter Group Plan
Parking Map & Transportation Information
Please see attached map. Cash parking is available in privately held lots around the stadium. Please note that due to City of Houston regulations open containers are not permitted in most private parking lots or other areas of downtown Houston.
Pre-Game Meeting & Gate Information (Ingress)
Representatives from the Houston Dynamo and BBVA Compass Stadium will meet with the supporter group point(s) of contact prior to the game at location determined in cooperation with the visiting supporter groups. These policies as well as any additional questions will be reviewed at this time.
The security personnel present during the pre-game meeting will remain with the group through the walk to the stadium, stadium entry, the full game, stadium exit, and up to the group’s departure. The visiting supporter group is asked to follow the direction of security as they guide the group through entry and up to the seating section.
Visiting supporter groups will enter through the Statoil (northeast) gate of the stadium.
FC Dallas supporters are to meet Houston Dynamo, BBVA Compass Stadium, and MLS representatives at 6:00 PM at the corner of Prairie St and Bastrop St to the north of BBVA Compass Stadium. Parking lots at the two locations indicated on the map will be available for cash parking.
- Aerosol cans: air horns, sun screen, bug spray, silly string, hairspray, etc.
- Animals, with the exception of service dogs.
- Bags, including over-sized purses and backpacks, with the exception of diaper bags, no larger than 14 inches by 14 inches by 6 inches. All items are subject to search.
- Banners, signs and/or flags larger than 4 feet tall by 8 feet wide. Any banners or signs that do not fit this guideline may submit a request for entry in writing to Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beach balls, Inflated Balloons and Frisbees.
- Bikes, inline and roller skates, skateboard, scooters, shoes with wheels.
- Cameras, for Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash and Texas Southern University football, with lenses longer than 8 inches. For all other events, please call the switchboard at 713-547-3000713-547-3000 prior to the event for updated information.
- Chains, studded bracelets, etc.
- Chewing Tobacco.
- Clothing or items with offensive language or any other item deemed inappropriate by BBVA Compass Stadium.
- Coolers and ice chests.
- Flammable liquids.
- Flares, incendiary devices, smoke bombs, sparklers and fireworks of any kind.
- Illegal drugs and any other illegal substances.
- Inflatable objects.
- Laser pointers and laser pens.
- Noisemakers: air horns, boom boxes, cowbells, drums, horns, megaphones, vuvuzelas, whistles, or any other item deemed as a noisemaker by BBVA Compass Stadium management.
- Metal or glass containers of any kind.
- Missile/projectile like objects.
- Outside food & beverage of any kind.
- Pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, flyers, etc. unapproved by BBVA Compass Stadium management.
- Poles and/or rods.
- Portable heaters.
- Seat cushions.
- Smoking in restrooms, seating areas, concourses, suites, clubs, etc. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
- Tripods and monopods.
- Umbrellas. Guests are encouraged to bring raincoats, pullovers or ponchos.
- Video and Audio recording devices.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Any other item deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by BBVA Compass Stadium management.
- Banners, signs and/or flags no larger than 4 feet tall by 8 feet wide as long as they do not obstruct any stadium or event signage, do not contain commercial messages or offensive material, do not obstruct view for other guests and are relevant to the event. Any banners or signs that do not fit these guidelines may submit a request for entry in writing to Guest Services at email@example.com.
- Binoculars and binocular cases. All items are subject to search.
- Cameras, for Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash and Texas Southern University football, with a non-detachable lens and a lens no longer than 8 inches. For all other events, please contact the switchboard at 713-547-3000713-547-3000 prior to the event for updated information.
- Diaper bags. All items are subject to search.
- Electrical items powered by battery such as small radios, small TV monitors, cell phones.
- Guests may be requested to turn on the item to verify it is what it appears to be.
- Empty, clear plastic bottle 32 ounces or less.
- Medical supplies approved by BBVA Compass Stadium management.
- Soccer balls.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
- Streamers are permitted at Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash home games only. Each guest will be limited to 3 rolls per person, 81 ft long/4.5 inches in diameter.
Prohibited Items Strictly Permitted for Approved Supporter Groups
One banner is permitted for organized supporter groups with prior notification to the Houston Dynamo Operations Department. Houston Dynamo Operations will assist your group with banner placement inside of the stadium. Banners cannot cover stadium signage or block the view of any patrons.
Flags are permitted with poles that are bendable for organized supporter group with prior Dynamo front office approval. Any person with a flag will be expected to be aware of their surroundings. Fans may not run with the flags down the aisles or on the concourse.
Instruments may be permitted with prior approval by the Houston Dynamo operations department and BBVA Compass Stadium.
All flags, banners, and instruments are subject to search. Please bring any necessary keys for drumheads or instruments to complete the security search. Drums that cannot be opened will not be allowed in.
No alcohol may be brought into BBVA Compass Stadium. Guests will not be allowed to enter if they appear to be intoxicated. Alcoholic beverages may be purchased inside the stadium. Beverages purchased in the stadium are prohibited from leaving the stadium. All persons must be 21 years of age or older and provide proper identification to purchase alcoholic beverages. Management has the right to refuse service at any time. Alcohol sales can be terminated at any time at the discretion of BBVA Compass Stadium management.
For Houston Dynamo matches alcohol will not be sold after the 75thminute of the soccer match, or earlier at BBVA Compass Stadium management’s discretion. In the West Club last call will be made 45 minutes following the conclusion of the match, or earlier at BBVA Compass Stadium management’s discretion. For other events including concerts and other sporting events, management will determine the shut off time on an event by event basis.
Drunk and disorderly behavior and or violation of any alcohol policy will result in ejection from the stadium without refund.
Ticketing & Seating
Laith Yasiri is your designated ticket sales representative. His contact information can be found at the top of this document. All supporter group sales should go through Laith.
Your group will be seated on the northeast side of the stadium at the top of section 218. Standing is only allowed in front of the seats. No standing or jumping on the seats will be allowed. Any fan caught damaging the seating area is subject to ejection and/or arrest.
Security & Safety
Security stewards will be at the bottom of your section and at each of the gates to monitor your group. Houston Dynamo will designate a guest service/security contact to handle specific requests from your supporter’s point of contact.
Security Policies are noted below. These policies are enforced for every soccer match at BBVA Compass Stadium.
- Standing of any kind will not be permitted on the seats. These seats are designed for sitting only. Standing is only permitted in front of your seat.
- The stairs, aisles, and landings on either side of the supporter’s seating section must be kept clear, standing in the aisles creates a safety hazard.
- Banners may hang in the back of your section. Banners cannot block any permanent signage or section signs.
- Flags are permitted with poles that are bendable for organized supporter groups over. Any person with a flag will be expected to be aware of their surroundings. Fans may not run with the flags down the aisles or on the concourse.
- The possession or use of flares, smoke bombs or other incendiary devices will not be tolerated and lead to immediate police response.
- Streamers and confetti are not permitted in BBVA Compass Stadium
- There is no re-entry into the stadium.
Houston Dynamo Code of Conduct
Major League Soccer and the Houston Dynamo are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around BBVA Compass Stadium.
MLS fans have a right to expect an environment where:
Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF CONDUCT IS SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS INCLUDING EJECTION, BANISHMENT AND ARREST.
MLS and the Houston Dynamo thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct and for making this event special and memorable to you and your fellow patrons.
WE ENCOURAGE ALL SUPPORTER GROUP MEMBERS TO REVIEW THE MLS CODE OF CONDUCT AT: www.mlssoccer.com/fans/code-of-conduct
Supporter Group Self-Policing Policy
The supporter groups traveling liaison from the visiting front office may make use of his or her relationship with the supporter group to reinforce the policies or code of conduct with a member whose behavior does not conform to these standards. If the unacceptable behavior continues the next step of cooperative work between the GSS and the traveling liaison will begin. When the person or persons acting outside the range of acceptable behavior has been correctly identified by the GSS and the respective supporter’s traveling liaison the GSS will ask the supporter to comply with the polices or code of conduct. If the member’s refuses to cooperate or the unacceptable behavior continues the stadium security or law enforcement will interdict to remove the fan from the stadium. This Self-Policing concept will be founded on logic, safety and mutual respect for all parties involved.
Post-Game Plans & Gate Information (Egress)
Visiting supporters will exit through the northeast gate as a group. Security and police will help escort the group back to a location identified by the front office and supporter groups ahead of time. Supporters will travel as a group directly to the predetermined area.
Visiting supporters will be held in section 218 after the game in the interest of safety and security.