The August 2015 Scarf of the Month is all about the great state of Texas!
Based on the popular state-centric song "Deep in the Heart of Texas," this month's scarf - "Stars at Night" - follows the popular opening lines of the tune:
The stars at night are big and bright
Deep in the heart of Texas
Fans join together at FC Dallas home matches in the 36th minute to sing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" in support of the original Texas MLS team, and now have a scarf to show their pride as well.
Get your limited-edition scarf today at the FC Dallas Team Store!
Watch the full highlights from FC Dallas' 2-0 loss to the Chicago Fire on Sunday night.
As FC Dallas travels to Chicago to take on the Fire, here are some numbers to keep in mind:
20 - Harry Shipp is the only player for Chicago to feature in all 20 games played for the Fire this season.
4 – FC Dallas saw its summer struggles on the road come to an end when the team defeated Orlando City SC 2-0 on July 11. FCD is searching for its third road win of the season in Sunday’s fixture.
.95 - Chicago's points per game (.95) is the worst in MLS and the Fire currently sit at the bottom of the table.
286 - Chicago has taken the 4th most shots in MLS this season with 286, but are tied for the second lowest amount of goals with 22 and only D.C. United (65) has been offside more often than the Fire (64).
6 – FC Dallas is looking for its sixth straight win this weekend, which would tie a franchise record set in 1999 when the Dallas Burn – coincidentally – beat the Fire 2-1 on October 16, 1999.
111 – Chicago Fire have a familiar foe on the FC Dallas roster in newly acquired defender Bakary Soumare. In five seasons from 2007-09 and 2013-14, Soumare made 111 appearances for Chicago.
2 – 20-year-old Homegrown midfielder Kellyn Acosta heads into Chicago on a two-game goal streak - the first two goals of his MLS career.
0 - FC Dallas is undefeated (7-0-4) when Kellyn Acosta starts.
Starting at Sunday's game in Chicago, FC Dallas will wear special numbers throughout the month of August with fan-submitted pictures.
Back in February, registration was open for fans to submit their pictures to be on the back of the FC Dallas jerseys - and the jerseys of every MLS team - and now we've reached August where the team will wear these special numbers.
Beginning on Monday, August 3rd, you can stop by the FC Dallas team store to get your jersey with the special numbers and we've got a great deal going for you! When you purchase a new jersey, authentic or replica, our amazing team store will throw in the personalization with the special jersey numbers for free! If you want to get the numbers put on a jersey you already own, the charge is just $20. Supplies are limited so get yours now!
Be sure to look closely at the numbers during Sunday's game at Chicago as if you submitted a picture, your face will be on an FC Dallas jersey!
On Wednesday night in Commerce City, Colorado, the MLS All-Stars defeated Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 behind a goal and an assist from All-Star Game MVP Kaka.
FCD's representative, Fabian Castillo, came on at halftime and dazzled the Colorado crowd with his trademark mazy runs and slick moves on the ball. Castillo carved out three or four really good opportunities for the All-Stars including one of his trademark jinks that sent summer transfer signing Kieran Trippier spinning.
Castillo was unable to find the back of the net but impressed throughout the evening earning plaudits from the commentators as well as on social media.
Fabian and FC Dallas are back in action on Sunday as they travel to Chicago to take on the Fire at 6:00PM on Fox Sports 1.
The FC Dallas homegrown trio shined on Tuesday night in the 2015 Chipotle MLS Homegrown Game as the Club America U-20s took the 1-1 contest over the MLS Homegrowns on PKs after each team tallied in the opening 90 minutes.
Goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez got the starting nod from head coach Landon Donovan against Club America and made two key saves to keep a clean sheet in his 45 minutes of action on the night.
Coy Craft and Alex Zendejas came on as substitutions to start the second half and immediately had an impact on the game. Zendejas was credited with one shot on target in the half and had a goal-line clearance of a Club America corner to maintain a 1-0 MLS lead. He also had a PK attempt stopped in the loss. Craft registered a shot in his 45 minutes of action and drew a free kick as well.
The 2015 MLS All-Star festivities will continue on Wednesday night with first-time All-Star Fabian Castillo in action for the MLS team against Tottenham at 8 p.m. CDT on Fox Sports 1.
Five-straight wins, five-straight MLS Team of the Week nods for FC Dallas players. Michael Barrios and Kellyn Acosta each earned their first TOTW nominations of the season for Week 21. Barrios had a break-out performance on Saturday with his first-career brace, while Kellyn Acosta added his second career MLS goal. Oscar Pareja was also named Coach of the Week.
M: Michael Barrios (FC Dallas) – Sent Dallas on their way with two-first half goals, the first on a clinically finished counter. Had Timbers’ defenders spinning in circles all night.
Coach: Oscar Pareja (FC Dallas) - Despite the absences of some key players, El Profe has led his team to five consecutive wins behind a young core.
Take a look at the highlights from FC Dallas' fifth consecutive win:
When: July 25th
Where: Toyota Stadium
Event title: FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers
Summary: The Tour Truck made another stop at Toyota Stadium as FC Dallas battled the Portland Timbers. Fans young and old enjoyed winning free goodies thanks to our Tour sponsors. Toyota beads, Cricket t-shirts, Texas Health Resources towels, Nequik keychains, TXU drawstring bags, and as well as FC Dallas goodies were some of the prizes that were available for fans to win as they spun the Tour Wheel. The attendees that made a goal in our inflatable received a drawstring bag curtesy of TXU and Nesquik, filled with more goodies. FC Dallas went on to win the match 4-1 and rose to the #1 spot in MLS!
Winners of four straight games, FC Dallas takes the Toyota Stadium field for the last time until August 15th on Saturday night when they host Western Conference rivals Portland Timbers FC. Sitting at the top of MLS, Saturday's match has huge playoff implications on the line so don't miss this one. Here are the 10 things to know about Saturday's match.
1. Be sure to arrive early as we are handing out the third in our collectible mini-scarf series. This one, presented by Chase, has the "Unite for 90" tagline and you want to get there early to grab one of those at the gate.
3. Our graphic designer Olivia Brestal has crafted up another awesome match poster for this weekend's game honoring 2015 MLS All-Star Fabian Castillo. Cop one in the team store on Saturday night and maybe Fabian will autograph it for you sometime.
4. Saturday's match is on TXA21 with the All-Star team of Mark Followill and Brian Dunseth on the call! If you can't catch the broadcast, tune to 100.7FM for the English call with Steve Davis or the legend Carlos Alvarado on 1270AM with the Spanish radio call.
5. Things have gotten very heated(no pun intented) between FC Dallas and Portland over the last couple of years. Check out some of the controversies bubbling under the surface as we head into this match.
6. One huge thing to watch on Saturday night is birthday boy Kellyn Acosta. The man who turns 20 on Friday scored his first MLS goal last week and the way he pushes into the attack makes FC Dallas an even more dynamic team. We talk about it in our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
8. Saturday night is Season Ticket Holder kids' night at Toyota Stadium and in honor of that Houston Rogers of the Rogers' family will be the honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer at 7:30PM on the north concourse!
9. Check out our #FCDvPOR match preview infograph to get all caught up on Saturday's match.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!