FC Dallas rookie Tesho Akindele wowed Friday's sellout crowd at Toyota Stadium with a beautiful volleyed goals in the 26th minute of FCD's 2-1 win over Philadelphia and his goal has been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
Akindele has scored twice in his last three competitive matches and said after Friday's match: "As a striker, you've got to believe in yourself."
WATCH: GOTW Week 17
Here are your match highlights from FC Dallas' 2-1 Fourth of July win over the Philadelphia Union:
Hear what FC Dallas head coach Oscar Pareja had to say after tonight's 2-1 win over Philadelphia:
Hear from Oscar Pareja & Matt Hedges ahead of tonight's match against Philadelphia
FC Dallas is back at Toyota Stadium tonight and it's one of the biggest games of the season as we host our annual July 4th match, this time against Eastern Conference foe Philadelphia Union. Here are the ten things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium tonight:
1. Tonight's match is presented by TXU Energy and the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium will receive light up banger sticks courtesy of TXU Energy so arrive early!
2. Don't miss Walker Zimmerman signing autographs at 6:45 in the TXU tent on the north concourse.
3. The Lamar Hunt Statue ceremonial scarfer tonight will be Phil Taylor. The Frisco native founded The American Fallen Soldiers Project in 2007 and has painted 130 portraits that have been presented to the families of America's fallen military across the Uniteed States. This is the 6th year we've partnered with The American Fallen Soldiers Project.
4. Tonight's match is the first of four straight 8:00PM summer kickoff times at Toyota Stadium.
5. You're definitely not going to want to leave after the match tonight as the biggest post-game fireworks show in north Texas will fire off just minutes after the final whistle.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against a Philadelphia team that, like Dallas, is unbeaten in their last five competitive matches. Philly has scored nine goals in their last three MLS matches and here's your weekly Know Your Enemy piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. Tonight's weather forecast is looking very good for a July night with a high of 92 and a low of 72. The temperature should be in the upper 80's by kickoff.
9. Kickoff is set for 8:00PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. Tickets are nearly sold out for tonight's match with only scattered singles remaining, but we are offering $19 standing room only tickets that allow access to the Budweiser Beer Garden as well as some of the best views in the stadium at the top of sections.
Check out the photos from our World Cup Tour stop at AT&T Plaza for the USA vs. Belgium game!
FC Dallas is back at home for the first MLS game at Toyota Stadium in almost a month! Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match:
The USMNT survived the World Cup's Group of Death.
They've got a do-or-die match against Belgium this afternoon in the final game of the Round of 16. They played an absolutely thrilling match against Belgium in the Round of 16 that saw goalkeeper and American Hero Tim Howard play out of his ever-loving mind and make a World Cup-record 16 saves in one match. And to top it all off, the Fourth of July is this Friday.
What better time than now to release our patriotic-as-hell July Scarf of the Month?
The scarf features a stars and stripes pattern on one side, with "ONE NATION" emblazoned on the reverse side between two FC Dallas shields.
I would write more, but let's be honest, this baby's gonna sell itself and I've got some games to watch.
Win or go home.
Your United States World Cup team has reached the knockout round and battles Belgium on Thursday afternoon at 3:00PM in Brazil & our FCD World Cup Tour pres. by McDonalds is set for the AT&T Plaza outside the American Airlines Center. If you were at either of our downtown Dallas watch parties, you know how special they've been and if you missed it, well just watch this.
Here's your FAQ's for Tuesday's watch party:
When should I arrive?
The match kicks off at 3:00AM, but the plaza was packed an hour before kickoff. Arrival by 1:30-2:00PM should get you a good spot. Should. We had close to 5,000 show up for Thursday's watch party and we expect that many to be here for this knockout round match.
How should I get there?
There is parking available in the Audi Garage on the east side of AAC for $5. We also encourage all attendees to take Dart Light Rail to Victory Station for Thursday's event.
Can I bring food and drinks to AT&T Plaza?
You are permitted to bring a small, sack-sized cooler with non-alcoholic drinks. Beer will be available for purchase outside in the plaza as well as food, soda and water both from outdoor vendors and concession stands inside the AAC.
Can I bring folding chairs?
Yes, folding chairs are permitted into the AT&T Plaza and were all over the plaza last Thursday. The screens are elevated high enough that you will easily be able to see whether you are sitting or standing.
Will all three screens be on?
Yes! We're going to have the USA-Belgium match on the big screen attached to the front of the AAC as well as the two large screens on the sides. Can't wait.
How can we make this an event that unites the whole city?
Invite your friends via our Facebook event, talk it up, get all your friends who live down in that area to come out. Every media outlet in town should be there so let's show DFW that Dallas is a soccer city!