FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium after a weekend away on Sunday as they'll host the New York Red Bulls in a rare visit from the Gotham City club. Here's 10 things to know about Sunday's game:
1. You definitely don't want to miss our Cinco de Mayo celebration in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium tomorrow. Gates are opening 30 minutes early at 12:00PM and the party runs all the way until kickoff at 2:00PM with $1 tacos and $4 beer/mixed drinks.
2. The autograph schedule for tomorrow's party: Peter Luccin & George John from 12:30 - 1:00, Zach Loyd & Michel from 1:00 - 1:30.
3. As always, you don't want to miss our Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony and Sunday's one will be special as SMU head basketball coach and basketball hall of famer Larry Brown will have the honors on Sunday. The ceremony typically takes place a little more than 30 minutes before kickoff.
4. The New York Red Bulls bring a hot team to Toyota Stadium on Sunday and right now they're being led by a player other than one of their DP's. Read all about it.
5. Speaking of hot, it's going to be a toasty one on Sunday as summer rears its head for the first time this year. Bring some sunscreen and your sunglasses, but remember that umbrellas are not allowed inside Toyota Stadium.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. If you can't make Sunday's match, kickoff is set for 2:06PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. You can get caught up on everything #FCDvNY with our official MLSsoccer.com match preview.
10. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, beat the box office lines on matchday and secure yours here!
Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match for Sunday's game vs New York:
May has begun, and that means it's time for a brand new Scarf of the Month! May's limited-edition scarf features an argyle pattern with clean white ends and red fringe. One side displays a white FC Dallas wordmark, with an all-white FCD shield on the other side.
The March Scarf of the Month sold out in a matter of days, and the initial order of April's scarf sold out in less than 24 hours, prompting a second, special-edition order that sold out just as quickly. So don't waste any time ordering this month's edition. After all, you want to have the complete Scarf of the Month collection at the end of the year, don't you?
Here are some of the best pictures from Edgefest 24 held at Toyota Stadium on Saturday, April 26:
FCDTV went behind the scenes recently with the U-18 Academy team as they faced two-time defending EPL Academy champions Fulham FC in the opening game of Dallas Cup XXXV. Enjoy our mini-documentary:
SEGMENT 1: Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Michael Bradley ... with the World Cup less than 50 days away there's only one place to start the show. Even in the midst of the Champions League semifinals, Brazil 2014 talk and the biggest names in the American game command our attention.
SEGMENT 2: Mike Keegan from the Manchester Evening News checks in live direct from the Great Northwest of England to catch us up on all things Man United in the wake of David Moyes' stunning sacking.
SEGMENT 3: ESPN's Craig Burley, former Chelsea and Scotland midfielder, joins the boys in the wake of Chelsea's stunning 2-nil victory over Liverpool at Anfield that has thrown the Premier League title race wide open. Again.
SEGMENT 4: The second installment of Stein and Steve's detailed breakdown of the roster options available to Jurgen Klinsmann as he inches closer to the final 23-man squad he'll be taking to the World Cup in Brazil focuses on the defenders in the U.S. national team pool.
FCD goalkeeper Chris Seitz has earned his third save of the week nomination in the last four weeks for his sprawling one-handed save on Davy Arnaud in the first half of FCD's 4-1 loss to DC United on Saturday night. Seitz has won the award two out of the last three weeks and let's get him another SOTW award!
WATCH: SOTW Week 8
Sunday's game against New York Red Bulls is tracking to be another huge crowd at Toyota Stadium and we want to invite everyone to come out early for our Cinco de Mayo party in the El Jimador Cantina.
We're opening gates 30 minutes earlier than normal at noon and welcoming everyone to come grab lunch in the northwest terrace at Toyota Stadium where we'll be offering $1 tacos, $4 beers and $4 special mixed drinks to get everyone ready for our huge match against Thierry Henry, Tim Cahill and the Red Bulls.
One of the most popular new additions to Toyota Stadium in 2014, The LHK, will be DJ'ing while FCD players will hold autograph signings as well. Autograph schedule:
12:30 - 1:00: George John & Peter Luccin
1:00 - 1:30: Zach Loyd & Michel
Additionally, we have a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer this week as SMU basketball Head Coach and Basketball Hall of Famer Larry Brown will have the honors this Sunday.
We'll see everyone early on Sunday at Toyota Stadium as we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the El Jimador Cantina before FC Dallas takes on the New York Red Bulls in their only visit to Frisco this year.
Saturday's 4-1 loss to DC United isn't one that FC Dallas fans will want to replay too many times, but there was one moment of brilliance from Mauro Diaz and FC Dallas. Fabian Castillo, Blas Perez and Mauro combined to score of the best team goals of the season so far in MLS and that goal has been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week. For Mauro, this is his third nomination of the season on his third goal of the year.
WATCH: GOTW Week 8