SEGMENT 1: Stein and Steve reflect on Clint Dempsey's two-goal return to Big D and look forward to the 35th edition of the prestigious Dallas Cup.
SEGMENT 2: Former Everton and Manchester City manager Joe Royle makes his Soccer Today debut to discuss Liverpool's stirring 3-2 victory over City at Anfield and what it means for the title race.
SEGMENT 3: The boys play some true-or-false about the Champions League semifinal draw, Atlanta's hopes of getting the 23rd franchise in Major League Soccer and the national-team futures of Maurice Edu and Jozy Altidore.
SEGMENT 4: Stein's sitdown with U.S. national team striker and Texas native Clint Dempsey puts the perfect seal on Dempsey's homecoming weekend.
Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXV got off to a soggy start on Sunday morning as rain affected and delayed some morning games, but that didn't stop FC Dallas from scoring an impressive run of results, going 9-2-1 on the opening day of the tournament. Here's how the FCD teams fared from U-19 to U-13:
U-19 Gordon Jago Super Group
The U-18 Development Academy group got off to a tough start against defending champions Fulham FC, falling 4-0 to the Premier Academy League champions. Click here for a full match recap.
Scott Dymond's 96B Premier team defeated Fussballschule Millerntor of Germany 3-1 with James Olmos scoring twice and Stian Sandbekkhaug scoring a third in the victory.
FCD's 97B Premier team scored a strong 3-2 win over Toronto Lynx with Ivan Ulloa scoring twice in the victory and Kamar Marriott adding the third goal in the win.
FCD 97B Blue defeated Mana U17 from Mexico 2-1 on Sunday afternoon.
FCD 97B Gold scored the biggest win of the day beating Gold Coast Knights from Australia by a stunning 11-0 scoreline.
The FCD U-15 Academy defeated Academia Venezolana from Venezuela 2-1 at MoneyGram Soccer Park.
The FCD 98B Premier team defeated West Toronto United by a 4-1 scoreline. Gerber Chavez opened the scoring off an assist from Adan Garcia. Chuy Armendariz scored the second goal while Keegan McCombie also scored for FCD in the win.
In the only other FCD loss of the day, the U-14 USSDA Academy team fell to a strong Eintracht Frankfurt U-15 side 4-0.
Clem Oancea's 99B Premier side defeated FC Astoria Walldorf of Germany 2-0
FCD 00B Premier started the Dallas Cup strong with a 2-0 win against Ravens Wood School from England.
Darrin Hedges' 00B East team defeated Scuola Calcio from Puerto Rico 5-1. Kent Malloy opened the scoring for FCD while Eddie Sanchez added a second-half hat trick. Connor Jones closed out the scoring while Miguel Rosales had three assists for FC Dallas in the win.
The FCD U-13 Academy team tied Pinguinos of Mexico 1-1 in the only draw of the day.
Here's The Final Word from FCDTV after Saturday's loss to Seattle Sounders FC:
FC Dallas lost a close 3-2 game to Seattle Sounders FC in front of over 17,000 at Toyota Stadium. Here's Oscar Pareja's post-game press conference:
After a week on the road, we're back at Toyota Stadium tonight for one of the matches of the season as first-place FC Dallas hosts Seattle Sounders FC fresh off their 4-4 draw in Portland that saw Texas-native Clint Dempsey score a hat trick. Tonight has the potential to be a special one in Frisco and here's the 10 things you need to know before heading to tonight's match:
1. It's Frisco ISD night at the stadium and Dr. Jeremy Lyon, Frisco ISD Superintendent, will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue. Frisco ISD and FC Dallas have as closely knit of a partnership as any MLS team and they have been instrumental in helping our aspiring Academy players train on a daily basis while still having a normal high school workload.
2. As always, you'll want to arrive early tonight as we're expecting another huge crowd tonight, likely the biggest of the season yet.
3. Tonight's game represents a matchup of the two highest scoring teams in Major League Soccer so far this season with FCD & Seattle combining for 22 goals in ten games. Despite the Sounders offensive prowess, Matt Hedges and Zach Loyd know a strong defensive performance will be key to victory.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Stop by the brand new El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace of Toyota Stadium tonight at halftime and after the game to hear live music from Chet Stevens.
6. Tonight's weather forecast is looking very good with mostly cloudy skies, temperatures in the mid-70s and relatively gusty winds.
7. Tonight's game is set for a 7:30PM kickoff and will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148, 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish)
8. This is only the start of a nine-day stretch of live soccer in north Texas with the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup kicking off on Sunday, Generation adidas Cup kicking off Monday and a reserve match against OKC Energy set for Tuesday night at Toyota Stadium.
9. FC Dallas has a league-leading five players who have scored at least two goals this season. Will it be Mauro Diaz, Je-Vaughn Watson or Fabian Castillo playing hero tonight? Or could someone else step up to score a game-winner?
10. Ticket options are very limited, especially on the east side and endline for tonight's match! If you want to avoid box office lines and possibly being told certain price points are sold out, get your tickets now!
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium next Saturday night as we host Toronto FC and for two days only, we're offering you a special promotion that you won't want to miss out on.
Score four tickets to next Saturday's game for $19! That's right, you heard me. Four tickets to see first-place FC Dallas take on Toronto FC for just $19.
These 'Standing Room Only' tickets will grant you access to the Budweiser Beer Garden or some of the best views in the stadium at the top of each section, but that's not all. You're going to be given a chance to win one of 11 FREE upgrades to premium seating at Toyota Stadium.
- One (1) fan who purchases through this offer will be randomly selected to receive a Field Table for the match!
- Five (5) fans who purchase through this offer will have their four tickets upgraded to suite-level seats!
- Five (5) fans who purchase through this offer will have their four tickets upgraded to all-you-can-eat food and beverage seats in Cozumel Island!
Fans who purchase through this offer will also be contacted by an FC Dallas sales representative with an exclusive chance to upgrade your seats at a very discounted cost!
All fans, including current FCD season ticket holders, are eligible to purchase tickets through this offer which expires Monday, April 14 at 2:00PM.
Get your tickets now for one of the biggest games of the season as FCD looks to stay in first place against Michael Bradley and Toronto FC!
We're nearing Saturday's big game at Toyota Stadium against Seattle Sounders FC and we break down what FCD needs to do to stay undefeated in this week's Toyota Keys to the Match:
Veteran Dallas Morning News writer Rick Gosselin featured rookie midfielder Ryan Hollingshead (right) in his column this week. Gosselin wrote about Hollingshead's decision to postpone starting his professional career in favor of spending a year helping his brother start a new church in Sacramento.
“When I said I was going to go help start that church and forgo that year of soccer,” Hollingshead said, “I did not expect to come back [to soccer]. Not because I didn’t want to or that the desire wasn’t there. More because I thought that was my chance — either you come and play now or it’s off the table.
“I wanted to play. But I wanted to plant this church first. That’s what God was calling us to do. Once they left the offer on the table, I took it.”
Read the full article HERE.
There's just 63 days left until the 2014 FIFA World Cup and ESPN just won all our hearts with this USMNT commercial.