When: Saturday 19, 2015 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm)
Where: Kidd Springs Park, Oak Cliff, TX
Event Title: Feria de Salud
Summary: The FC Dallas Mobile Marketing Tour hit the road this weekend to set up shop in Oak Cliff at the Feria de Salud thanks to the invite from our partner Novo Nordisk. This event was fun packed, with a 5K race in the morning and festival/ health expo post-race, all to help raise awareness for diabetes in our local communities that are most at-risk. All afternoon attendees browsed the vendor booths and enjoyed the festivities while also having the chance to get tested for diabetes and gain further knowledge of the disease. The local favorite band Little Joe y La Familia stopped by and gave an awesome performance while FC Dallas fans stopped by to spin the prize wheel and won prizes from our partners: Toyota, Nesquik, McDonalds, TXU Energy, and Cricket Wireless. After fans took their spin on the wheel, they got the chance to meet and receive autographs from FC Dallas defender Stephen Keel and snap a picture with the always-entertaining Tex Hooper.
Draft Kings is a brand new partner of FC Dallas and we're excited to bring you our Draft Kings Picks of the Week every week leading up to the end of the MLS season. If you haven't played one-day fantasy MLS with Draft Kings, you're definitely missing out as it's one of the most fun ways to enjoy every MLS weekend.
If you haven't signed up for Draft Kings yet, use this link to sign up and receive free entry into an MLS tournament this weekend. Here are some picks to help you decide your team.
FC Dallas picks:
Michael Barrios - The Colombian speedster comes in at only $5,500 and he has five goals since July 4th. Against an SKC team that FC Dallas will look to counterattack against, Barrios could definitely find the back of the net this Friday.
Je-Vaughn Watson - At only $3,400, Je-Vaughn is a sleeper pick to get a goal or an assist this weekend. Back to his customary right back position, Watson should be bombing up and down the field on Friday night and could find the scoresheet.
Christian Techera - The Uruguayan has been very impressive in recent weeks for Vancouver Whitecaps and at $6,600 he's not going to break the bank as you build your team. The Whitecaps play Seattle this weekend who just lost center back Ramon Torres to injury for the rest of the season.
Laurent Ciman - The Montreal center back has been extremely impressive in MLS this season, his first since moving over from Belgium. At $4,500, he's a little bit pricey for a center back but against a New England team playing their second game in four days, look for the Impact to potentially get a shutout at home and earn some points for your squad.
When: September 15th, 2015
Where: Alex Sanger Elementary School
Event title: The Oncor Mayor’s Race 5K Kickoff
Summary: The partnership marketing firm for FC Dallas travelled to Alex Sanger Elementary School to participate in the Oncor Mayor’s 5K Race. FC Dallas, along with other Dallas sports teams, showed their dedication and pride to the community by using the inflatable soccer goal as well as the spinning wheel. The kids had a wonderful time trying to kick the balls through the holes in the goal and were overcome with excitement. The spinning wheel also offered cool prizes such as McDonald’s brand sunglasses, Cricket Wireless rubber balls, FC Dallas scarves and Nesquik key chains. It was a huge hit amongst the children and FC Dallas was honored to be included in this great event.
The reigning MLS Rookie of the Year is looking to add another accolade to his collection! Tesho Akindele is up for MLS AT&T Goal of the Week for Week 28 for his first-half strike to put FC Dallas up 1-0. Michel hit Tesho with a textbook ball from the midfield that the Canadian international put in the top left corner behind Josh Saunders. Be sure to cast your vote for the Dallas forward as the top spot in this week's poll!
When: September 12th, 2015
Where: Toyota Stadium
Event title: FC Dallas vs. NYCFC
Summary: Toyota Stadium once again hosted the Tour Truck for a big head to head game against NYCFC. Two high quality teams went head to head to battle it out as each team is making one last final push for the playoffs. Once again the inflatable was a huge hit among the kids as well as grownups. If a contestant shot it into one of the holes they would receive a Toyota necklace as a prize. The spinning wheel was also another hit as contestants could potentially win McDonald’s brand sunglasses, Cricket Wireless rubber balls, FC Dallas scarves and Nesquik rubber key chains. The Tour stop tent drew even more attention and many fans took home lots of prizes thanks to our partners. FC Dallas pulled out a 2-1 victory over NYCFC and became that much closer to clinching a playoff birth in the Western Conference.
Just eight games remain in the MLS regular season and only four more home games! FC Dallas hosts NYCFC on Saturday night presented by Raytheon as the club looks to move within a point of the top spot in MLS with a win. Here are the ten things to know before you head to Toyota Stadium.
1. Saturday's match is presented by Raytheon and they're teaming up with DFW USO for Military Appreciation Night. Be sure to stop by their area in the northwest concourse to show your appreciation to our troops!
2. Join us on Saturday morning before the match as Team BR19 will be walking together in the Dallas Heart Walk. Both head coaches Oscar Pareja and Jason Kreis are planned to join us and at the game on Saturday night Bevan Rhine, wife of Bobby, will be our honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer at 7:00PM so be sure to join us for that!
3. Throughout the month, MLS is making note of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and we want to let you know about a member of our FC Dallas Family who is fighting. Ellie Slate of the FC Dallas '04 Girls Premier team is staying incredibly brave in her fight against Leukemia and 50 special limited edition scarves will be on sale in the team store on Saturday with all proceeds benefitting her Gofundme account. See how you can help here.
5. Did you know the FC Dallas and NYCFC rosters represent 18 different countries from four continents? Check out more great numbers like that one in our by the numbers feature.
6. This is the only home matchday in September and your best chance to snag our September Scarf of the Month dedicated to the great Bobby Rhine. A portion of the proceeds go to the American Heart Association.
7. It's actually going to feel like fall outside at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night! Temperatures are expected to be in the upper 70s and pretty much perfect. You might even want to bring a light jacket. Seriously.
8. How will the FC Dallas defense deal with NYC's three UEFA Champions League winners and how has the move to a 4-4-2 benefitted FCD? We talk about it in the Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
9. It's a bit of a unique TV situation on Saturday night as our match will be shown live on Time Warner Cable Sports channel 323 with Bob Sturm and Steve Jolley on the call while the match will also be shown on tape delay on TXA 21 directly following the Texas Rangers game. Don't forget you can also listen live in the stadium on 100.7FM in English and 1270AM in Spanish. Don't forget to tune into the post-game show on the way home!
10. Some tickets are still available for #FCDvNYC and you can get those here! Just four home games remain as we make our playoff push.
September is Children's Cancer Awareness month as you'll see the players in tomorrow's match walking out with special t-shirts and we have a young woman battling cancer from our own FC Dallas family that we want to tell you about.
Ellie Slate, an absolutely soccer-mad player from the FC Dallas '04 Girls Premier team, is battling Accute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and she needs our help. MLS has send 50 limited-edition Children's Cancer Awareness scarves to be sold in the team store on Saturday night only and normally the funds would be donated to a cancer charity or hospital but with one of our own facing this awful disease, the FC Dallas Foundation will be sending all proceeds to Ellie's Gofundme account. Get your scarf tomorrow in the team store to help benefit Ellie as she battles leukemia.
If you can't make the game on Saturday but would like to donate, please follow the link below as one of our FC Dallas family battles cancer.
It’s a match-up of the young guns against the international stars in FC Dallas' lone September home match on Saturday evening as the MLS Playoff race heats up.
New York City FC will visit Toyota Stadium for the inaugural meeting between the two sides, boasting household soccer names such as David Villa, Andrea Pirlo and Frank Lampard, while Dallas will look to build on their two-game winning streak which has seen the emergence of Homegrown goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez, posting consecutive clean sheets, as well as dazzling offensive performances from rookie Michael Barrios and MLS All-Star Fabian Castillo.
With just eight games left in the 2015 season for Dallas, every game counts in a Western Conference battle that sees just six points separating the six teams currently in playoff positions, with the four teams on the outside of the playoff picture still hoping to stake their claim for post-season berth.
NYCFC, on the other hand, is fighting for their own playoff lives after struggling at times in their first season. The team is sitting just three points back of the final playoff spot in the East with seven games to play and head coach and former Dallas Burn-standout Jason Kreis has challenged his team that it’s time to step up in a do-or-die game. City comes into the weekend after a bye week on the heels of a devastating 2-1 loss to Columbus two weeks ago. The sour taste that loss left on the team is sure to add more fuel to the fire.
These two teams have combined to score over 70 goals in 2015, with many more sure to be added on Saturday night. You don’t want to miss this historic inaugural match, so secure your seat now before it’s gone!