FC Dallas has never been 4-0-0 in their previous 19 seasons in Major League Soccer. They have the chance to do that for the first time in franchise history on Saturday night against Seattle Sounders FC. It's going to be a packed house at Toyota Stadium and here are the ten things to know before you join us for another #DTID night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Toyota and they're bringing you the second in our set of four collectible mini-rally scarves. The first 7,500 will receive a rally scarf upon entry to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night, so get there early!
2. It's a huge honor to have Mexican soccer legend Cuauhtemoc Blanco scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue on Saturday night as he and his Puebla side will face Queretaro and Ronaldinho on Sunday at Toyota Stadium. Don't miss the ceremony at 7:00PM on the north concourse.
3. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Brian Dunseth on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
4. The weather for our first two home games hasn't been the best with snow and rain to deal with. Those days are gone as we're going to have an absolutely gorgeous night on Saturday with CBS 11 predicting highs in the 80s with temperature right around 70 at kickoff.
5. This sweet match-specific poster to the left and all your FCD gear is available in the team store at Toyota Stadium and if you're a Season Ticket Holder ask about how you can get the April Scarf of the Month before anyone else!
6. Get your pre-game workout in with our brand new Pre-Game Playlist from the official DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. Saturday's match will be affected by international callups for both sides and the defense that FC Dallas turns into offense will be key to getting a win. We break it all down with the Keys to the Match presented by Toyota.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $22. See you at Toyota Stadium!
The official in-house DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew, will be bringing you a pre-game playlist before every game at Toyota Stadium. Here's your first mix to get you pumped for Saturday night's game:
When: March 27th
Where: Frisco YMCA
Event title: Red Frisco Friday Tour Stop – Frisco YMCA
The FC Dallas Red Frisco Friday Tour visited the Frisco YMCA on March 27th from 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm CT. At this weekly event, FC Dallas’ own Danny Garcia stopped by to sign autographs and take pictures with fans and surprised gym-goers alike. In addition to the autograph signing, with generous help from sponsors, fans that came to the tour stop received prizes that included drawstring backpacks, mini glow in the dark soccer balls, FC Dallas key chains, and bracelets.
FCD is looking to go 4-0-0 for the first time in team history on Saturday night vs Seattle Sounders FC. Demetrio & Daniel break it down in this week's Keys to the Match pres. by Toyota:
The FC Dallas Academy is unquestionably among the top in American soccer having signed more Homegrown players than any other team and played more Homegrown minutes than any other team in 2014, but one thing the Academy hasn't produced is a full first team international player. That could all change this week as Moises Hernandez has been called in to the Guatemala National Team squad for friendlies against Canada and El Salvador.
It's another milestone that is huge for both Hernandez and his club, FC Dallas.
"It’s another big step for him and a step that I hope he can take the best way possible to get more mature," said head coach Oscar Pareja. "To understand the responsibilities with his club, himself, his family and now with his country."
Hernandez has taken a winding road to breaking through with the FCD first team having had loan stints in both Guatemala and Costa Rica, but over the last 12 months the 23-year-old has blossomed into a key player for Pareja's side playing every minute of the first three games of 2015 for a Dallas side that is 3-0-0 with just one goal allowed.
"I think the club should be very proud to have a product of the academy exposed to the national team level and not just the USA but abroad," said Pareja. "That pride should be carried by the whole club."
Hernandez and Guatemala will play Canada in Fort Lauderdale at 3:30PM on Friday before playing El Salvador at the StubHub Center in Carson, CA on March 31.
FULL LIST OF INTERNATIONAL MATCHES FOR FC DALLAS PLAYERS
Kyle Bekker - Canada
Kyle Bekker and the Canadian National Team will be the aforementioned Guatemala National Team on Friday afternoon in Fort Lauderale and then will play Puerto Rico on March 30th at 5:30 in Puerto Rico.
Atiba Harris - St. Kitts & Nevis
Amazingly, Harris is a part of some of the first games in 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying this week as St. Kitts & Nevis battle against the Turks & Caicos Islands in the first round of qualifying.
St. Kitts & Nevis rolled in the first leg on Tuesday scoring a 6-2 win in Basseterre. Atiba scored the first goal of the match in the 18th minute and his side will contest the second leg on March 26th. The winner of the two-leg series will face El Salvador in another two-leg series this summer.
Blas Perez - Panama
Blas Perez and Panama face Trinidad & Tobago on March 27th in the Carribean island before battling CONCACAF rival Costa Rica in Panama City on March 31.
Je-Vaughn Watson - Jamaica
Je-Vaughn Watson and Jamaica begin final preparations for the 2015 Copa America with a pair of friendlies in Montego Bay vs Venezuela and Cuba. The Reggae Boyz will battle Venezuela on Friday night and then face Cuba on Monday, both at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.
It's taken just three games for Fabian Castillo to reach half of his assist total in 2015. Through three games, Castillo has a goal and two assists coming out of the gates hot and he earned a nod on the Week 3 MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week.
M: Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas) – Was again the catalyst to several of FC Dallas’ more promising plays. Castillo was exciting to watch and he delivered the assist on the insurance goal as Dallas are now perfect through three games.
First goal. First AT&T Goal of the Week nomination.
Ryan Hollingshead's second-half strike has been nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week and you know what to do! .
Vote Ryan Hollingshead for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 3
First segment … Show co-hosts Marc Stein and Steve Davis talk about the day's big derbies, Liverpool-Manchester United and Barcelona-Real Madrid. They also swap soccer stories about Steve Nash, a longtime soccer fanatic.
Second segment … ESPN FC's Dan Thomas joins the show to talk all things Real Madrid and Barcelona ahead of the day's huge clash at the storied Nou Camp.
Third segment … Orlando City Soccer Club manager Adrian Heath visits, talking about his expansion side's recent launch in Major League Soccer. Topics include former FC Dallas man Brek Shea and his move to the back line.
Fourth segment … We run Champions League around the table, including this question: What has happened to England, without a team in the lucrative tournament's quarterfinals for the second time in three years?
By Demetrio Teniente
FC Dallas Academy is in the home stretch of the 2014-15 season and finished the weekend with a handful of wins. Here is a quick round-up of the results.
FC Dallas U-18: 5
San Antonio: 0
Make it four straight for the U-18s as a 5-0 win over San Antonio caps off a perfect March for FC Dallas. Christian Ramirez got thing going with a goal in the second minute. Irvin Dominguez, Oscar Romero, Jose Ruiz, and Martin Salas rounded off the scoring.
FC Dallas U-16: 9
San Antonio: 0
Afetr defeating San Antonio 9-0, the U-16s have now won eight straight. Devin Vega opened scoring in the sixth minute, and then notched the second goal of the match in the 27th. Toshiki Yasuda scored the next two goals making it 4-0 in the 37th minute. Giovanni Montesdecoda, Juan Ramirez, and Weston McKennie each found the back of the net to put FCD up 7-0. Duncan James’ two goals rounded out the scoring.
FC Dallas U-15: 2
Dallas Texans: 0
Paxton Pomykal & Alonso Molina each found the back of the net in the win. (Result from Wednesday)
FC Dallas U-13: 3
Dallas Texans: 1
Nathan Toledo, Bryan Reynolds, Luis Pacheco each scored a goal. (Result from Wednesday)
FC Dallas U-15: 5
San Antonio: 1
Carlos Garcia and Javier Barajas each scored twice while Paxton Pomykal added another (his second of the week).
FC Dallas U-14: 5
San Antonio: 1
Jesus Ferreira added two goals and David Ortiz, Jalen James, Imanol Almaguer each added one in the blow-out win.
FC Dallas U-13: 6
San Antonio: 1
Luis Hernandez, Malik Henry-Scott, Johan Gomez, Benny Redzic, Nathan Hayes, Dante Sealy each tallied a goal in the U-13s 10th win of the season.
Here are all the best photos from FCD's 2-0 win at Philadelphia last weekend: