Here are your Keys to the Match Driven by Toyota as FC Dallas hosts Toronto FC in the only meeting of 2015 between the two sides:
When: April 14th
Where: Kimberely-Clark Irving Facility
Event title: Chase Employee Event
Summary: The FC Dallas Soccer Tour visited the Kimberely-Clark Health and Vitality Fair at their beautiful facility in Irving on April 14th from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm CT. At this unique event, Kimberely-Clark gave FC Dallas the chance to show how we proudly believe and promote healthy living in addition to having the opportunity to meet with a number of local businesses that were also in attendance. During our time at the Kimberely-Clarke facility, participants were able to win either a scarf, rally towel, or a mini glow in the dark soccer ball after spinning the tour stop prize wheel. With an enthusiastic participation of 150+ Kimberely-Clarke employees, the event was a tremendous success!
First segment … Marc Stein and Steve Davis open the show by discussing Wednesdays' U.S.-Mexico match in San Antonio.
Second segment … ESPN FC's Alejandro Moreno joins the show for further U.S.-Mexico discussion, including his thoughts on Erick "Cubo" Torres, an MLS-man who is breaking in with El Tri.
Third segment … Montreal Impact midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker joins us live. The former West Ham and Aston Villa man talks about Montreal's amazing dash into the CONCACAF Champions League final.
Fourth segment … Marc and Steve talk about Eddie Johnson, who will apparently be forced into premature retirement by a heart condition.
Here's all your highlights from Friday's 4-0 loss to Portland.
It's a Happy Hour Matinee at Toyota Stadium on Friday night as FC Dallas looks to stay unbeaten at home against the Colorado Rapids at 6:00PM! Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've had some great Lamar Hunt Statue Scarfers this season and we've got another one on Friday as Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey will have the honors. That ceremony is at 5:30PM on the north concourse.
2. It's a Happy Hour matinee tonight with a special 6:00PM kickoff and with that, we've got your Happy Hour pricing at Toyota Stadium leading up to kickoff in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace. Look out for $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs plus FCD gear is 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30 and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00.
3. We've got a brand new Scarf of the Month for April and you can get yours in the team store tonight! Hey, get there early enough and you can get it for 25% off!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Unimas and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Seven out of our next 12 games will be on one of the Univision family of networks so if you can't make it out be sure to remember where Unimas is on your TV dial and visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV.
5. The weather for tonight's match? Absolutely perfect. CBS 11 predicts a high of 75 with clear skies and this could be the only day without rain for a while so be sure to enjoy your evening at Toyota Stadium.
6. Did FC Dallas re-discover their set piece magic in Portland and how do you deal with a Colorado team desperate for a win? We discuss it in the Keys to the Match Driven by Toyota.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Stop by the team store tonight to get your hands on our exclusive match poster dedicated to Colorado native Tesho Akindele!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best seat in the house!
Friday's match against Colorado is a special 6:00PM start time and we want you to join us for a Happy Hour Matinee as we cheer FC Dallas on with a win taking them back into first place in MLS.
With the match starting early, we want you to come straight from work or wherever else you are and get to Toyota Stadium early!
The gates open at 5:00PM and from 5:00 to 6:00PM in the El Jimador Cantina we will have $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs!
Also, this is the perfect chance to stock up on FC Dallas gear for the summer as all retail purchases will be 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30PM and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00PM leading up to kickoff when everything will be regular priced.
If you don't have your tickets yet, grab yours right here and be sure to come out early on Friday for our Happy Hour Matinee vs Colorado!
In 2015, FC Dallas unveiled a beautiful new alternate blue and white jersey and while we haven't worn it yet, that time is coming soon.
Rumor has it as early as next weekend you could see the blue and white strip at Toyota Stadium and our April Scarf of the Month is a nod to our new 2015 alternate jersey.
Remember, while five of the first seven are at home, seven of the next nine after that are away from the friendly confines of Frisco and there's no better accessory to your FCD blue and white jersey than our April Scarf of the Month.
All elements on the scarf are taken straight from the new jersey including the hoops, new MLS logo and LH logo. The opposite side is the inside neck tag.
It's important to accessorize and there's no better way to do that than with our new April SOTM. Remember this lovely scarf is available only in the FC Dallas Team Store at Toyota Stadium and will sell out quickly so be sure to come up this week and nab yours or snag one at Friday's game vs Colorado.
U-17 Premier takes Dr Pepper Dallas Cup Championship
FRISCO - In a tightly contested final, the FC Dallas 98B Premier U-17s defeated FC Golden State 2-0 to win the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXVI U-17 division at Toyota Stadium.
The rain cleared just in time for Sunday's final and FC Dallas took the lead midway through the first half somewhat against the run of play. Big, strong forward Gerber Chavez received a nice pass and slotted a ball home to give FCD the 1-0 lead which they would hold into halftime.
In the second half, the game got even more chippy with FC Golden State defender Jesus Garcia was shown a red card, and FCD took advantage late with Martin Gonzalez scoring just before the final whistle to give Scott Dymond's side an insurmountable lead.
This is the second-straight U-17 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup Championship won by an FC Dallas team.
U-19s defeated by Jaguares de Chiapas in heartbreaker
FRISCO - The FC Dallas U97 Premier side fell in the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup Championship for the second straight year losing the U-19 final to Jaguares de Chiapas. FC Dallas took the lead in the 15th minute as Christopher Villalobos flicked a cross past the keeper to give Scott Dymond's side the lead.
They held that lead until late in the match as a corner was headed home in the 75th minute to tie the match before Jaguares would score a 25 yard laser with nearly the last kick of the game to earn what was a heartbreaking second place finish for FC Dallas 97 Premier.
U-13s fall in PKs in U-14 Dallas Cup Championship
FRISCO - On Saturday afternoon, the FC Dallas U-13 Academy battled strong with AC Brea but fell on PKs after a 1-1 draw.
After an early AC Brea goal, Luis Pacheco tied things up for FC Dallas in the 20th minute. Both teams held firm after that with neither allowing a goal through the second half and two overtime periods.
In the PK shootout, AC Brea goalkeeper Aaron Tebay was the hero making two saves to earn the Dallas Cup Championship.
Here's your highlights from an action-filled 3-1 loss to Portland on Saturday night