When: May 17th
Where: Fair Park
Event Title: Festival de Mayo
Summary: The FC Dallas Soccer Tour traveled to Fair Park to participate in Univision’s annual Festival de Mayo event on Sunday, May 17th from 12:00 – 6:00pm. The event, presented by Fiesta & Univision, brings free family entertainment to the Dallas area through a products and services exposition as well as live music. Featured at the event were performances from Latin artists Banda Los Recoditos, Jonaton Sanchez, Kevin Ortiz, La Leyenda, and Pesado. With a large crowd in attendance, the exhibitors were able to connect with many potential customers in both a professional and entertaining environment. Those that participated in the FC Dallas Soccer Tour expo had the opportunity to shoot on goal for Tour sponsor prizes. Great turnout from FC Dallas fans!
Here are your match highlights from Friday's 0-0 draw between FC Dallas and the New York Red Bulls:
Tonight, FC Dallas takes the Toyota Stadium field for the last time until June 26th. That's exactly six weeks away! Don't miss our showdown against Eastern Conference high-flyers New York Red Bulls tonight at 8:00PM. Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've been thrilled to have our new TV show FC Dallas Extra Time on TXA21 as well as FC Dallas Live which will debut this coming Wednesday and scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue tonight will be the host of those two shows, long-time Dallas sports host Gina Miller. Don't miss that ceremony right around 7:30PM on the north concourse.
2. Tonight's presenting partner is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and they will be handing out rally towels to the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium so get there early to get your FCD rally towel.
3. Our graphic designer Olivia Brestal has crafted up a beautiful match poster(pictured to the left) for tonight's game and you can get yours in the FCD Team Store for just a few bucks!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Univision Deportes and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV or just tune in to Steve Davis' broadcast on 100.7FM at 8:00PM!
5. FCD's alpha dog forward Blas Perez will be displaying his talents again tonight and MLS Insider has a must-see feature on El Raton showing both his hero and villain side.
6. Don't forget to arrive early and take a shot at our first-annual Crossbar Challenge! You can win a chance to go down on the Toyota Stadium field after the game and even win FC Dallas season tickets! Follow the link for more information.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Our two-tone logo snapback hat is the official merchandise store special tonight and you can get yours for just $10, that's $15 off!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
Bonus: We have started a brand new in-stadium text program for those going to FC Dallas games. We'll update you on things going on around the stadium, merch specials, send you highlights and much more! Text match7 to 444-222 to subscribe for free.
2015 FC Dallas Summer College Combine
June 6th-8th, 2015 | Toyota Soccer Center | Frisco, TX
The FC Dallas Summer College Combine is designed to allow women’s and men’s college coaches to conduct training sessions to improve the players' technical and tactical aspects of the game. Through these training sessions, condition matches and a college seminar, these college coaches will provide players with insight to the demands of the college game and the college recruiting process.
*Space is limited*
Dates: Saturday June 6th through Monday June 8th , 2015
Each age groups will have 2 sessions Saturday, 2 sessions Sunday plus a College Seminar and a session Monday Morning.
Location: Toyota Stadium and Toyota Soccer Center
Who: Elite players U15 and older
|College programs registered to attend|
|Men's programs||Women's programs|
|SMU||Texas Women's University|
|Trinity University||Texas Christian University|
|Valparaiso University||Oklahoma State University|
|Midwestern State University||University of Kentucky|
|Ouachita Baptist University||Stephen F. Austin University|
|University of Texas at Dallas||University of Tulsa|
|West Texas A&M University||Sam Houston State University|
|Luther College||Abilene Christian University|
|Southwestern Assembly of God||Texas Tech University|
|Dallas Baptist University||Hardin Simmons University|
|Grand Canyon University||Lamar University|
|Fort Hays State University||Univ. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point|
|Houston Baptist University|
*Additional coaches will be added. List subject to change.
Participate in the FC Dallas Crossbar Challenge on Friday night before our game against the New York Red Bulls presented by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano for your chance to win FC Dallas season tickets, U.S. Men's National Team Gold Cup tickets, a suite for an upcoming FC Dallas match and more!
The contest's qualifying round runs from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on the Dr. Pink Field, the first field directly to the north of the stadium, and if you hit the crossbar from the top of the penalty box, you advance to the finals on the Toyota Stadium field after Friday's match against the New York Red Bulls presented by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Even if you miss your first shot, you'll have the chance to buy more chances with a donation to the FC Dallas Kicks for Kids Foundation.
Your ticket to the match is automatic entry into the Crossbar Challenge, so get your tickets now!
When: May 12th
Where: Boys & Girls Club – Grand Prairie, TX
Event Title: Raytheon Science of Soccer
Summary: The FC Dallas Soccer Tour visited the Boys & Girls Club Tuesday, May 12th in Grand Prairie to partner with Raytheon to promote the science of soccer to the kids. Those in the attendance has the opportunity to spin the prize wheel and shoot on goal to receive a TXU drawstring back, FC Dallas coozie, Cricket glow-in-the-dark mini soccer ball or a Chase mini-scarf. Technologies such as miCoach Adidas censored soccer balls helped to track the ball and teach kids about the math and science behind things including the spin on the ball and how to kick. Appearances included FC Dallas’ own Ryan Hollingshead, Team Captain Matt Hedges, and 2014 Rookie of the Year Tesho Akindele.
Twice as nice! For the second week in a row, Fabian Castillo and Mauro Diaz were both named to the MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week for week 10 of the MLS season. Castillo has been named to three of the last four TOTW's, five this season and is currently tied for the MLS lead in assists with five in ten appearances.
M: Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas) – Had more than his usual share of accelerations and dribbles which put the Galaxy backline on its heels and created dangerous opportunities in Dallas' 2-1 win over LA.
M: Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas) – Went 90 minutes for the first time since April 2014 – and fans were thankful that he did. His superb vision created both Dallas goals.
For the third straight week, FC Dallas is up for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
While Blas Perez is the one who scored the goal, this one is all about Mauro Diaz's filthy flick to free Perez on goal. This goal put Blas Perez at the top of the FC Dallas scoring charts with five this season tied for fifth-most in Major League Soccer while Diaz now has four assists in his last two matches.
Vote Blas Perez(and Mauro) for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 10
We've been trying to get this uploaded for ya'll for the last few home games and it's finally a go. In case you've never listened, FC Dallas has a fantastic radio broadcast with Steve Davis for every match and after home games we have about a 25 minute post-game show where Steve brings in a special guest to discuss everything we've seen.
This week, he brought in Tyler Kern the producer of the always-awesome ESPN Soccer Today presented by Toyota. Give it a listen and be sure to always catch the 100.7FM post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium!