FC Dallas midfielder Fabian Castillo was named to the MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 12. Castillo has made TOTW six times already this season. This makes it six weeks in a row FC Dallas has had at least one player included on the list.
M: Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas) - Was electric in a losing effort for Dallas, wreaking havoc on defenders all night long.
View the highlights from Saturday's 2-1 loss to the Montreal Impact
The draw for the 2015 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup fourth round was held on Thursday evening, the round in which MLS teams enter the fray with almost every team paired up against a geographically close minor league team.
FC Dallas was drawn as the host of the winner between USL's Oklahoma City Energy FC and Tulsa Roughnecks and the match will take place on Tuesday, June 16th at 8:00PM. We will have a special venue for this one with the match taking place at TCU's Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium, the home of TCU women's soccer. The fantastic facility is a grass field and can host about 2,000 fans plus more standing room so it should be a fantastic evening and atmosphere as we get the LHUSOC kicked off in Cowtown.
Oklahoma City will play at Tulsa on Wednesday, May 27th to decide which team will travel south to face FC Dallas in the fourth round matchup.
Ticket information for this match will be released in the near future.
FC Dallas defender Walker Zimmerman was named to the MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 11. This is Zimmerman's first Team of the Week honor of the season, and marks the fifth straight week that FC Dallas has had at least one player included on the list.
Here are your match highlights from Friday's 0-0 draw between FC Dallas and the New York Red Bulls:
After nearly three weeks, FC Dallas is back home on Saturday night for a huge home game vs the LA Galaxy! FCD boasts a 3-1-0 record in four home games this year and currently sit tied for first place in the Western Conference and MLS with 17 points from nine matches. Here are the ten things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for #FCDvLA:
1. In honor of Mother's Day, Norma Hunt will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM in Lamar's Tailgate on the North Concourse! Be sure to get there early for a great spot.
2. Be sure to set your DVR's to record the brand new FC Dallas Extra Time magazine show airing at 7:00PM prior to the TXA21 broadcast of Saturday night's match against LA.
3. Our brand new May Scarf of the Month is now on sale in the team store and it's dedicated to legendary mascot Tex Hooper. Be sure to grab one in the team store on Saturday before they sell out!
4. Speaking of team score, you're definitely going to want to grab one of our exclusive match posters(pictured to the left) with the amazing Star Wars theme.
5. Just like they didn't get too low after a tough loss at home to Colorado earlier this year, FC Dallas is focusing on not getting too high after last week's big win over Houston.
6. As for Saturday's opponents Los Angeles, things are a little bit up and down for the 2014 MLS Cup champs. Read all about them with our Know Your Enemy feature.
7. We're launching a new in-stadium text program for this game with updates on stuff going on around the stadium, highlights, any weather updates and maybe a special treat or two. Text MATCH6 to 444-222 to get included in the free in-stadium text program.
8. Speaking of weather, Saturday could get a little bit interesting again with potential thunderstorms in the forecast. As with all the rain this last week, some days there is nothing and other days there is some hairy stuff so be sure to take a look at the radar before heading to Toyota Stadium.
9. Saturday's game will be broadcast locally in HD on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Kevin Hartman on the call. For English radio tune to 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and catch the game in Spanish on 1270AM with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. Tickets are available for Saturday's game RIGHT HERE. It's one of just two home games left between now and June 26th so be sure to join us at Toyota Stadium for a huge Western Conference match against Los Angeles!
You've got a tough choice to make this week. FC Dallas scored four beautiful goals on Friday night in Houston and both Mauro Diaz and Fabian Castillo's second half goals have been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week.
Are you a fan of the beautiful touch and toepoke of Fabian or Mauro's top-of-the-box rocket? Take your pick, but be sure to vote FC Dallas!
WATCH: GOTW Week 9
Fabian Castillo and Mauro Diaz had epic matches in Houston on Friday each scoring a goal and two assists. For their efforts, they were both named to the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for week 9 of the MLS season. Castillo has been named to two of the last three TOTW's, four this season and currently sits tied for the MLS lead with five assists in nine appearances.
Here's what they had to say about the performances:
M: Mauro Díaz (FC Dallas) – If his goal and two assists against Houston are any indication, it was worth the wait to get Diaz back and in good form for FC Dallas, as he had one of his best games in MLS against the Dynamo.
M: Fabián Castillo (FC Dallas) – Castillo was the yang to Diaz’s yin for FCD, and part of his genius is that he’s able to pull off both spectacular skill and tangible production, as he notched a goal and two assists as well.
Additionally, head coach Oscar Pareja was named as the coach of the week:
Coach: Oscar Pareja (FC Dallas) – Had his team flying against their rivals as both Diaz and Castillo had their skills on full display against the Dynamo.
Diaz and Castillo, as well as captain Matt Hedges, earned nods from Goal.com for their team of the week as well.
Our May Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the best mascot in MLS, our very own Tex Hooper!
You may not be Tex Hooper, but you can look like him with this fun design which, on one side, has the Tex Hooper name mark with the FC Dallas logo which comes together when you wear it. On the other side is where the magic happens with Tex Hooper horns that make you look like Tex when you hold it up to your head.
Now, normally you hold the scarf high above your head, but this one is best held like you see to the left with Victor Ulloa.
This unique scarf will definitely sell out, so be sure to stop by the team store this week or at Saturday's match against Los Angeles to get your brand new May Scarf of the Month dedicated to the big man, Tex Hooper!