First segment … We start off talking about Champions League competitions on two continents, the UEFA version and the CONCACAF version.
Second segment … Marc Stein got a few minutes with New York Red Bull and U.S. international Sacha Kljestan, who was candid about his domestic and international roles.
Third segment … ESPN FC's Craig Burley, a former Scottish international and longtime Chelsea man, joins to talk Premier League and Champions League.
Fourth segment … Show producer Tyler Kern joins Steve Davis to talk about U.S. national team youngster Jordan Morris, and about a conversation started last week by ESPN's Taylor Twellman.
Here are all the highlights from FCD's 1-1 road draw at Colorado :
Tonight on Unimas, the United States U-23 National Team will play an important friendly against Mexico as they continue crafting the team that will represent the United States in Olympic qualifying later this year.
This game also represents a huge opportunity for 21-year-old center back Walker Zimmerman who will be appearing with the United States for the first time in quite a while. For FC Dallas head coach Oscar Pareja, it's a reward for playing time he has earned with FC Dallas making two starts in his last three matches.
"I think it’s a good thing for Walker for two reasons," said Pareja. "First, now he feels that he can do it and that’s not that someone is giving him something. I think he’s being rewarded for something that is deserved."
That second reason Pareja references deals with Zimmerman's health. Having captained the U-20s for most of his youth career, Zimmerman missed out on the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup due to injuries that kept him out of the vast majority of games in his rookie season.
Having remained healthy for the vast majority of this 2015 season, Zimmerman is once again healthy enough to consistently see the field for FC Dallas which now sees him given the chance to impress US U-23 head coach Andi Herzog on the big stage against Mexico tonight.
"Second, he’s a player that has spent too much time in the nursery," said Pareja in his word used to describe the injury room. "We can’t develop a player who is in the nursery and I’m happy now to see good long strides with him."
Watch Zimmerman and the United States U-23s take on Mexico tonight at 10:00PM on Unimas.
FC Dallas fans have raised the game at Toyota Stadium over the last couple years creating a one of a kind sports atmosphere in DFW and Dr Pepper, the presenting partner for our next home match against the LA Galaxy on May 9th wants to provide select #DTID fans with a One of A Kind Experience!
Dr Pepper is always one of a kind and they want FC Dallas fans to show why they're an #FCDOneOfAKind fan. Here's the details:
-Post a picture on Twitter or Instagram showing your FC Dallas spirit and include hashtag #FCDOneOfAKind in the post between 12:00PM on Tuesday, April 21st and 12:00PM on Monday, April 27th.
-Ten (10) winners will receive two (2) tickets to the Saturday, May 9th match vs Los Angeles presented by Dr Pepper.
-From Monday, April 27th to Friday, May 1st, fans can vote on their favorite picture from the ten winners and the top three vote winners will receive a VIP Toyota Stadium tour, on-field access during pre-game warmups, an FCD prize pack featuring a new jersey and more including a full supply of Dr Pepper products!
It took over five hours, but it was worth it. Here are your match highlights from FCD's wild 3-2 win over Toronto FC.
It's a Happy Hour Matinee at Toyota Stadium on Friday night as FC Dallas looks to stay unbeaten at home against the Colorado Rapids at 6:00PM! Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've had some great Lamar Hunt Statue Scarfers this season and we've got another one on Friday as Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey will have the honors. That ceremony is at 5:30PM on the north concourse.
2. It's a Happy Hour matinee tonight with a special 6:00PM kickoff and with that, we've got your Happy Hour pricing at Toyota Stadium leading up to kickoff in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace. Look out for $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs plus FCD gear is 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30 and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00.
3. We've got a brand new Scarf of the Month for April and you can get yours in the team store tonight! Hey, get there early enough and you can get it for 25% off!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Unimas and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Seven out of our next 12 games will be on one of the Univision family of networks so if you can't make it out be sure to remember where Unimas is on your TV dial and visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV.
5. The weather for tonight's match? Absolutely perfect. CBS 11 predicts a high of 75 with clear skies and this could be the only day without rain for a while so be sure to enjoy your evening at Toyota Stadium.
6. Did FC Dallas re-discover their set piece magic in Portland and how do you deal with a Colorado team desperate for a win? We discuss it in the Keys to the Match Driven by Toyota.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Stop by the team store tonight to get your hands on our exclusive match poster dedicated to Colorado native Tesho Akindele!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best seat in the house!
Friday's match against Colorado is a special 6:00PM start time and we want you to join us for a Happy Hour Matinee as we cheer FC Dallas on with a win taking them back into first place in MLS.
With the match starting early, we want you to come straight from work or wherever else you are and get to Toyota Stadium early!
The gates open at 5:00PM and from 5:00 to 6:00PM in the El Jimador Cantina we will have $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs!
Also, this is the perfect chance to stock up on FC Dallas gear for the summer as all retail purchases will be 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30PM and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00PM leading up to kickoff when everything will be regular priced.
If you don't have your tickets yet, grab yours right here and be sure to come out early on Friday for our Happy Hour Matinee vs Colorado!
In 2015, FC Dallas unveiled a beautiful new alternate blue and white jersey and while we haven't worn it yet, that time is coming soon.
Rumor has it as early as next weekend you could see the blue and white strip at Toyota Stadium and our April Scarf of the Month is a nod to our new 2015 alternate jersey.
Remember, while five of the first seven are at home, seven of the next nine after that are away from the friendly confines of Frisco and there's no better accessory to your FCD blue and white jersey than our April Scarf of the Month.
All elements on the scarf are taken straight from the new jersey including the hoops, new MLS logo and LH logo. The opposite side is the inside neck tag.
It's important to accessorize and there's no better way to do that than with our new April SOTM. Remember this lovely scarf is available only in the FC Dallas Team Store at Toyota Stadium and will sell out quickly so be sure to come up this week and nab yours or snag one at Friday's game vs Colorado.
FRISCO - The FC Dallas U-16s won their second straight group stage game at the 2015 Generation adidas Cup defeating fellow MLS side Real Salt Lake 1-0 on Monday afternoon at the Toyota Soccer Center.
FC Dallas opened the match strong with midfielder Weston McKinnie hitting the post on a free kick in the 10th minute. That was the best chance of the half as the teams went into the break goalless.
Second half substitute Toshiki Yasuda would prove to have the decisive goal in the match chipping the goalkeeper from just outside the box after receiving a feed from McKinnie in the 52nd minute.
The FC Dallas U-16 defense which has yet to allow a goal in two tournament games held strong to earn the 1-0 victory that has FCD at the top of the group with one game left.
FCD will play Pumas from Liga MX on Wednesday afternoon at 3:00PM with a win or draw assuring passage through to the semifinals on Thursday night.