It's a Happy Hour Matinee at Toyota Stadium on Friday night as FC Dallas looks to stay unbeaten at home against the Colorado Rapids at 6:00PM! Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've had some great Lamar Hunt Statue Scarfers this season and we've got another one on Friday as Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey will have the honors. That ceremony is at 5:30PM on the north concourse.
2. It's a Happy Hour matinee tonight with a special 6:00PM kickoff and with that, we've got your Happy Hour pricing at Toyota Stadium leading up to kickoff in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace. Look out for $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs plus FCD gear is 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30 and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00.
3. We've got a brand new Scarf of the Month for April and you can get yours in the team store tonight! Hey, get there early enough and you can get it for 25% off!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Unimas and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Seven out of our next 12 games will be on one of the Univision family of networks so if you can't make it out be sure to remember where Unimas is on your TV dial and visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV.
5. The weather for tonight's match? Absolutely perfect. CBS 11 predicts a high of 75 with clear skies and this could be the only day without rain for a while so be sure to enjoy your evening at Toyota Stadium.
6. Did FC Dallas re-discover their set piece magic in Portland and how do you deal with a Colorado team desperate for a win? We discuss it in the Keys to the Match Driven by Toyota.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Stop by the team store tonight to get your hands on our exclusive match poster dedicated to Colorado native Tesho Akindele!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best seat in the house!
Friday's match against Colorado is a special 6:00PM start time and we want you to join us for a Happy Hour Matinee as we cheer FC Dallas on with a win taking them back into first place in MLS.
With the match starting early, we want you to come straight from work or wherever else you are and get to Toyota Stadium early!
The gates open at 5:00PM and from 5:00 to 6:00PM in the El Jimador Cantina we will have $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs!
Also, this is the perfect chance to stock up on FC Dallas gear for the summer as all retail purchases will be 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30PM and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00PM leading up to kickoff when everything will be regular priced.
If you don't have your tickets yet, grab yours right here and be sure to come out early on Friday for our Happy Hour Matinee vs Colorado!
In 2015, FC Dallas unveiled a beautiful new alternate blue and white jersey and while we haven't worn it yet, that time is coming soon.
Rumor has it as early as next weekend you could see the blue and white strip at Toyota Stadium and our April Scarf of the Month is a nod to our new 2015 alternate jersey.
Remember, while five of the first seven are at home, seven of the next nine after that are away from the friendly confines of Frisco and there's no better accessory to your FCD blue and white jersey than our April Scarf of the Month.
All elements on the scarf are taken straight from the new jersey including the hoops, new MLS logo and LH logo. The opposite side is the inside neck tag.
It's important to accessorize and there's no better way to do that than with our new April SOTM. Remember this lovely scarf is available only in the FC Dallas Team Store at Toyota Stadium and will sell out quickly so be sure to come up this week and nab yours or snag one at Friday's game vs Colorado.
FRISCO - The FC Dallas U-16s won their second straight group stage game at the 2015 Generation adidas Cup defeating fellow MLS side Real Salt Lake 1-0 on Monday afternoon at the Toyota Soccer Center.
FC Dallas opened the match strong with midfielder Weston McKinnie hitting the post on a free kick in the 10th minute. That was the best chance of the half as the teams went into the break goalless.
Second half substitute Toshiki Yasuda would prove to have the decisive goal in the match chipping the goalkeeper from just outside the box after receiving a feed from McKinnie in the 52nd minute.
The FC Dallas U-16 defense which has yet to allow a goal in two tournament games held strong to earn the 1-0 victory that has FCD at the top of the group with one game left.
FCD will play Pumas from Liga MX on Wednesday afternoon at 3:00PM with a win or draw assuring passage through to the semifinals on Thursday night.
First segment … Show co-hosts Marc Stein and Steve Davis review the United States national team's most recent disappointing result, a 3-2 loss to Denmark on yet another late, defensive collapse.
Second segment … MLS expansion is the topic; Minnesota has officially become the next club to join, while Miami's efforts to continue to founder.
Third segment … Show producer Tyler Kern caught up with longtime U.S. goalkeeper Kasey Keller; we hear the interview as Keller, now a TV analyst, talks about MLS and U.S. national team matters.
Fourth segment … On a big weekend of European qualifiers, we talk about the march to France for Euro 2016. We also discuss Wayne Rooney's place among England's all-time greats.
It's that time of year again to let everyone know that DFW loves FCD!
FC Dallas and Toyota Stadium have been nominated in three awards this year in the D Magazine Best of Big D 2015 awards.
Be sure to vote for our home, Toyota Stadium, as the Best Local Sports Venue. The atmosphere is unique to Dallas sports and there's no where else in the metroplex like the Budweiser Beer Garden. Give Toyota Stadium your vote for Best Local Sports Venue.
The 2014 MLS Rookie of the Year is up for Best Local Athlete and while Tesho's on-field accomplishments don't quite measure up to a guy like Dirk Nowitzki(yet), can Dirk pass an Electrical Engineering course or do a spot on Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite impression? Didn't think so.
Practically unbeatable at home, four shutouts in our last five matches, first place in MLS with the youngest team full of Homegrown DFW talent. This is an easy one.
Vote FC Dallas in the Best of Big D 2015 awards!
FC Dallas has never been 4-0-0 in their previous 19 seasons in Major League Soccer. They have the chance to do that for the first time in franchise history on Saturday night against Seattle Sounders FC. It's going to be a packed house at Toyota Stadium and here are the ten things to know before you join us for another #DTID night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Toyota and they're bringing you the second in our set of four collectible mini-rally scarves. The first 7,500 will receive a rally scarf upon entry to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night, so get there early!
2. It's a huge honor to have Mexican soccer legend Cuauhtemoc Blanco scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue on Saturday night as he and his Puebla side will face Queretaro and Ronaldinho on Sunday at Toyota Stadium. Don't miss the ceremony at 7:00PM on the north concourse.
3. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Brian Dunseth on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
4. The weather for our first two home games hasn't been the best with snow and rain to deal with. Those days are gone as we're going to have an absolutely gorgeous night on Saturday with CBS 11 predicting highs in the 80s with temperature right around 70 at kickoff.
5. This sweet match-specific poster to the left and all your FCD gear is available in the team store at Toyota Stadium and if you're a Season Ticket Holder ask about how you can get the April Scarf of the Month before anyone else!
6. Get your pre-game workout in with our brand new Pre-Game Playlist from the official DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. Saturday's match will be affected by international callups for both sides and the defense that FC Dallas turns into offense will be key to getting a win. We break it all down with the Keys to the Match presented by Toyota.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $22. See you at Toyota Stadium!
The official in-house DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew, will be bringing you a pre-game playlist before every game at Toyota Stadium. Here's your first mix to get you pumped for Saturday night's game:
The FC Dallas Academy is unquestionably among the top in American soccer having signed more Homegrown players than any other team and played more Homegrown minutes than any other team in 2014, but one thing the Academy hasn't produced is a full first team international player. That could all change this week as Moises Hernandez has been called in to the Guatemala National Team squad for friendlies against Canada and El Salvador.
It's another milestone that is huge for both Hernandez and his club, FC Dallas.
"It’s another big step for him and a step that I hope he can take the best way possible to get more mature," said head coach Oscar Pareja. "To understand the responsibilities with his club, himself, his family and now with his country."
Hernandez has taken a winding road to breaking through with the FCD first team having had loan stints in both Guatemala and Costa Rica, but over the last 12 months the 23-year-old has blossomed into a key player for Pareja's side playing every minute of the first three games of 2015 for a Dallas side that is 3-0-0 with just one goal allowed.
"I think the club should be very proud to have a product of the academy exposed to the national team level and not just the USA but abroad," said Pareja. "That pride should be carried by the whole club."
Hernandez and Guatemala will play Canada in Fort Lauderdale at 3:30PM on Friday before playing El Salvador at the StubHub Center in Carson, CA on March 31.
FULL LIST OF INTERNATIONAL MATCHES FOR FC DALLAS PLAYERS
Kyle Bekker - Canada
Kyle Bekker and the Canadian National Team will be the aforementioned Guatemala National Team on Friday afternoon in Fort Lauderale and then will play Puerto Rico on March 30th at 5:30 in Puerto Rico.
Atiba Harris - St. Kitts & Nevis
Amazingly, Harris is a part of some of the first games in 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying this week as St. Kitts & Nevis battle against the Turks & Caicos Islands in the first round of qualifying.
St. Kitts & Nevis rolled in the first leg on Tuesday scoring a 6-2 win in Basseterre. Atiba scored the first goal of the match in the 18th minute and his side will contest the second leg on March 26th. The winner of the two-leg series will face El Salvador in another two-leg series this summer.
Blas Perez - Panama
Blas Perez and Panama face Trinidad & Tobago on March 27th in the Carribean island before battling CONCACAF rival Costa Rica in Panama City on March 31.
Je-Vaughn Watson - Jamaica
Je-Vaughn Watson and Jamaica begin final preparations for the 2015 Copa America with a pair of friendlies in Montego Bay vs Venezuela and Cuba. The Reggae Boyz will battle Venezuela on Friday night and then face Cuba on Monday, both at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.
First goal. First AT&T Goal of the Week nomination.
Ryan Hollingshead's second-half strike has been nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week and you know what to do! .
Vote Ryan Hollingshead for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 3