He's pretty much the hottest forward in the league with four goals in his last three games and on Wednesday, August 1 you can meet Blas "El Raton" Perez! From 4:30-6:00PM tomorrow, head to Albertsons at 6800 Virginia Parkway in McKinney and you can get Blas' autograph as well as play in our soccer cage, win cool FCD prizes and meet both Tex Hooper and the FCD Girls! All of this goodness is brought to you by MoneyGram!
We'll see you Wednesday afternoon at Albertsons in McKinney!
FC Dallas was back in the win column last week with the 3-1 drubbing of Seattle and two FC Dallas players have been named to the MLSsoccer.com Week 30 Team of the Week! Versatile defender/midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson earned a spot on the team for his fantastic performance on Wednesday while, of course, David Texeira earned his first TOTW spot after his two-goal master class.
Here's what they had to say about the duo:
F: David Texeira (FC Dallas) – Texeira loves playing the Sounders. All of three of his goals this season have come against Seattle and his two on Wednesday could not have come at a more perfect time.
Here are the epic pics from Wednesday's win over Seattle Sounders FC:
Texeiraaaaaaaa's done it again! Here's FCDTV's The Rewind pres. by Toyota
Hear from Pareja, Ulloa & Michel after Wednesday's big win:
FC Dallas is on the precipice of qualifying for the 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs and they can take a huge step towards that goal with the 3rd-to-last regular season home game tonight against Seattle Sounders FC. Here are the 10 things to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for tonight's big match:
1. Tonight's match is presented by CiCi's Pizza and the free pizza will be flying around Toyota Stadium with the first 500 people through the north gate getting some free grub from our friends at CiCi's. Check out all the details on how you can get some free delicious CiCi's Pizza.
2. Scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue tonight will be FC Dallas star winger Fabian Castillo. Don't miss the ceremony which will start right around 7:30PM
3. Tonight's opponent is a formidable one as the Sounders are currently tops in MLS and via our match infograph, they're 17-0-0 when Obafemi Martins scores in MLS play.
4. It's beginning to feel quite a bit like fall outside and tonight's weather should be absolutely immaculate. Today's high is 87 while the low is clear and 63 degrees.
5. Saturday's match has tons of playoff implications as FCD can take another huge step to qualifying for the 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs with a win. FCD's playoff magic number(combined points earned and points dropped by 6th place) is just seven points.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
9. Tonight's game is set for an 8:00PM kickoff and will be broadcast in HD locally on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 323 as well as 100.7FM(English) & 1270AM(Spanish).
10. It should be a really nice mid-week crowd tonight, but there are still tickets available by clicking here.
I'm sure a few of you are running on light sleep today with last night's midnight release of EA Sports' FIFA 15, the next edition of the wildly popular video game, while the rest of you will probably be getting it today and staying up late into Tuesday night.
Well, with the Seattle Sounders and FIFA15 cover star Clint Dempsey coming to town, we thought this would be a perfect opportunity for you to demolish Seattle ahead of us doing it on Wednesday night and even perhaps win a couple tickets to Wednesday's game!
Simply fire up FIFA15 and hop on as FC Dallas playing against Seattle Sounders FC. Tweet us a picture of the final score of you beating up on Seattle with #BeatSeattle and we will pick two random winners at noon tomorrow to receive a pair of tickets.
Picture must include #BeatSeattle and be tweeted @FCDallas to be eligible to win.
Everything's comin' up Dallas this week in MLS; after FCD beat Vancouver 2-1 this weekend, the team moved up in the MLSsoccer.com Power Rankings and Blas Perez was named Player of the Week and nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week.
And now Perez, Homegrown midfielder Victor Ulloa and centerback Matt Hedges have been named to MLSsoccer.com's Team of the Week. Here's what the staff at the league site had to say about the FCD trio:
D: Matt Hedges (FC Dallas) – The Dallas central defense was physical, sharp and organized all evening in their 2-1 win over Vancouver, and Hedges was a main reason why.
M: Victor Ulloa (FC Dallas) – The kid is legit. He was very effective in the center of the park against Vancouver and deserves more hype than he's gotten so far.
F: Blas Pérez (FC Dallas) – Relatively few theatrics and measured efficiency from the Canalero, which worked well given his recent efforts – two games in a week – with Panama. Crazy golazo to boot.
Hear from Pareja, Michel & Hedges after Saturday's big win over Vancouver Whitecaps FC: