Here are the highlights from tonight's FC Dallas win over Chivas USA.
It's home match #2 at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night as FC Dallas hosts Chivas USA pres. by Novo Nordisk in the first Western Conference matchup of the season for FCD. Here are the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium tomorrow night:
1. Get there early to enjoy Lamar's Tailgate with DJ Spin of The LHK spinning up until our Lamar Hunt Scarfing ceremony where Chris Clarke of FC Dallas Youth will be our honorary scarfer in celebration of FC Dallas Youth night. Gates open at 6:00PM for the 7:30PM kickoff.
2. Saturday night marks the first time two Colombians will coach against each other as good friends Oscar Pareja and Wilmer Cabrera's sides battle.
3. Don't miss Seth Savage Band playing in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium.
4. If you don't have tickets yet and you live around downtown or 635, why not take a ride on the FCD Express? You can get a round trip bus ride + ticket for $25 or just a round trip ride for $10.
5. For FC Dallas, Saturday's game represents a chance to go 2-0-1 and stay at the top of the Western Conference with a win. Hear Hedges, Keel & Pareja give their thoughts on the match with our Quick Kicks.
7. Mother nature isn't being terribly kind to us again though temperatures will be much warmer than the last game. There's about a 30% chance of rain, though chances are supposed to go down by the evening so keep your fingers crossed, but bring a jacket.
8. If you can't make it to tonight's game, the broadcast is on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 148/MLS Direct Kick/MLS Live as well as 100.7FM in english and 1270AM in spanish.
9. FC Dallas has only lost two of 13 MLS matches against Chivas USA at Toyota Stadium. You can find other interesting tidbits in our official match preview.
10. If you don't have your tickets yet, what are you waiting for? Buy them here.
Today at Toyota Stadium, we had the chance for our media session with new forward David Texeira getting his headshot, signature move, name that tune & starting XI videos and graphics done.
We were all very impressed with Texeira(pronounced Tex-eh-ruh), who actually speaks very good English and will no-doubt become a fan favorite very quickly in Frisco.
You may see him very soon on the field as well with head coach Oscar Pareja hinting that he might make the trip to Sporting Kansas City this weekend.
While Chris Seitz's fantastic performance in net didn't earn him a save of the week or team of the week nomination, he rightly found his way onto the Castrol Index for week one as the highest ranked FC Dallas player.
Seitzy made six saves in Saturday's win, tied for the second-most in the league for week one, while earning his fifth MLS win in the past two seasons. Also appearing on the list are Mauro Diaz & Fabian Castillo.
|1||Joao Plata||Forward||Real Salt Lake||89||LA Galaxy||1,932|
|2||Will Bruin||Forward||Houston Dynamo||90||New England Revolution||1,610|
|3||Nick Rimando||Goalkeeper||Real Salt Lake||90||LA Galaxy||1,446|
|4||Gastón Fernández||Forward||Portland Timbers||90||Philadelphia Union||1,438|
|5||Andrew Wenger||Forward||Montreal Impact||90||FC Dallas||1,276|
|6||Bobby Burling||Defender||Chivas USA||90||Chicago Fire||1,243|
|7||Stefan Frei||Goalkeeper||Seattle Sounders||90||Sporting Kansas City||1,203|
|8||Boniek García||Midfielder||Houston Dynamo||90||New England Revolution||1,137|
|9||Federico Higuaín||Midfielder||Columbus Crew||90||D.C. United||1,116|
|10||Jack McInerney||Forward||Philadelphia Union||87||Portland Timbers||1,108|
|11||Chris Seitz||Goalkeeper||FC Dallas||90||Montreal Impact||1,025|
|12||Jaime Penedo||Goalkeeper||LA Galaxy||90||Real Salt Lake||1,008|
|13||Jairo Arrieta||Forward||Columbus Crew||87||D.C. United||1,007|
|14||Tally Hall||Goalkeeper||Houston Dynamo||90||New England Revolution||996|
|15||Fabián Castillo||Midfielder||FC Dallas||90||Montreal Impact||991|
|16||Thomas McNamara||Forward||Chivas USA||79||Chicago Fire||921|
|17||Dom Dwyer||Forward||Sporting Kansas City||90||Seattle Sounders||918|
|18||Agustín Pelletieri||Midfielder||Chivas USA||90||Chicago Fire||883|
|19||Mauro Díaz||Midfielder||FC Dallas||88||Montreal Impact||844|
|20||Robbie Keane||Forward||LA Galaxy||90||Real Salt Lake||827|
MLSsoccer.com has released their MLS Team of the Week for week one and two FCD players, Fabian Castillo & Mauro Diaz, have made the starting XI after their fantastic offensive performances on Saturday night against Montreal.
Here's what they had to say:
MF: Mauro Díaz (FC Dallas) – After David Ferreira’s departure, there is no doubt whose team this is as he was the driving force behind FC Dallas’ attack with creativity and precision. Produced one of the goals of the week with his free kick in the 47th minute.
FW: Fabián Castillo (FC Dallas) – So dangerous down left side – he was at the forefront of every counter and the Impact had no answer for his speed.
Would you have included anyone else or did MLS get this one right?
Our videographer, Aaron Griffin, has been putting out some amazing work lately and a new feature you're going to see on our YouTube page after home matches is "The Rewind," a quick look back at the best moments from each match at Toyota Stadium.
There were certainly some great ones in the 3-2 win over Montreal, so take a watch. You'll be ready for March 22 to be here tomorrow.
I always enjoy taking in the Reserve League matches and while timing one on the morning after we put our clocks ahead maybe made things a little sleepy, it was a fun morning at the Toyota Soccer Center as FC Dallas downed a very strong Montreal Impact side 2-0.
Without a doubt, the biggest positive of the match for me was seeing Stephen Keel back out on the field playing 90 minutes. The defender had a fantastic game and capped things off with a goal as well. I talked to him after the match for FCDallas.com in an article that also includes highlights from Sunday's match.
We're excited to show you a new feature coming to FCDallas.com & Toyota Stadium pre-game each week, our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
Each week, Scott Brown and I will break down the biggest keys to each match and we started this week with Montreal. We talk about the impact(no pun intended) of Di Vaio's absence, the importance of defensive cohesion and jumping on Montreal early.
A new video element you'll see on FCDallas.com and our YouTube page this year will be quick hit video bites previewing the upcoming match with FCD players.
Our first quick hits segement comes from new team captain Andrew Jacobson looking ahead to tomorrow's big match vs Montreal.