While putting together the first social media recap of season this afternoon, I ran across some simply awesome Instagram videos providing unique views of FCD goals, particularly Mauro's scorcher. I didn't want them to get lost in the many Tweets/Instagrams, so here they are. As always, tag your Instagrams & Tweets with #DTID to possibly get them included in our weekly social media recap!
The countdown is at 0 days! We've finally reached the big season opener at Toyota Stadium vs. Montreal Impact pres. by AdvoCare! Since there are just so many things going on in and around Toyota Stadium, we thought we'd compile a list of ten things you need to know both about tonight's game and the goings on around the stadium.
1. Get there early for our Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony! Former FC Dallas goalkeeper and new member of the Time Warner Cable Sports broadcast team, Kevin Hartman, will be our honorary scarfer tonight and the ceremony is set for 7:00PM sharp so get there early for the best spot!
2. We've got your pre-game meal covered! Grab a friend and stop by brand new MLS partner Chipotle who are offering BOGO at all DFW locations today only for anyone wearing FC Dallas gear!
3. If you don't feel like driving to the game tonight, we've got two different options for you! Take the FCD Express from one of four spots around Dallas County and you can grab a ticket + ride for $25 or a round trip ride for only $10. Also, Uber has partnered with FCD for this game to offer a FREE $30 credit for all first-time customers.
4. If you do drive to the game and you're lucky enough to have a Toyota, our stadium partners Toyota are offering FREE upgraded parking for all Toyota drivers in the Camry Gold lot, adjacent to the Dr. Pink field directly NW of the stadium. Parking, as always, is free for all attendees in our other lots around Toyota Stadium!
5. On the field, FC Dallas will be looking to win on opening night for the third straight year. Star forward Blas Perez is back for his third season with the club and is targeting big things in 2014 with no major international duty scheduled.
6. For our opponents, Montreal, some undisciplined actions in their 2013 playoff loss to Houston will result in some missing pieces for tonight's match. Star forward Marco Di Vaio, scorer of 20 goals last season, will be out on suspension and we discussed what that means in our Toyota Keys to the Match.
7. This season, our popular drumline, FC Drum, returns and they're doubled in size! Along with FC Drum, we're introducing a new group of DJs to Lamar's Tailgate in 2014, The LHK, as heard on 106.1 KISS FM. The LHK & FC Drum have worked together on a DJ/Drum mashup right after the scarfing ceremony on the north concourse that you're not going to want to miss!
8. Our brand new 2014 home jersey presented by AdvoCare will be on display in our newly-renovated team store in the northeast corner of the stadium and new to Toyota Stadium in 2014 is a completely new, second team store on the south end of the stadium. It's going to be a little bit chilly tonight so be sure to buy our 2014 March Scarf of the Month. Supplies are VERY limited!
9. Speaking of weather, our friends over at CBS 11 tell us that while it might be a little bit chilly, any rain in the forecast will be gone well before game time! You wouldn't miss out on the home opener because it's a little cold would you? That would be a very Houston thing to do.
10. We are Red for 90. We'll see you tonight! There are a few tickets left if you still need some.
Last night at the city council meeting at Frisco City Hall, Mayor Maher Maso welcomed VP of Ticket Sales Kris Katseanas and FCD defender Walker Zimmerman to the proceedings as he officially declared every Friday before FC Dallas weekend home games as Red Friday Frisco.
Head to www.redfridayfrisco.com to see what it's all about and watch the video below to let Kris explain things.
We've got some great news for all FCD fans who frequent Toyota Stadium. The ever-popular Cane's Challenge is returning for 2014!
Every time FC Dallas scores in a home game at Toyota Stadium in 2014, take your game ticket to any DFW area Raising Cane's to score a buy one get one free combo through close of business the day after game day.
FCD goals = Free chicken fingers!
DALLAS – 102.1 The Edge (KDGE-FM) today announced EDGEFEST 24 on April 26, 2014 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. The double staged, day-long concert event will feature an all star line up including BECK, The Avett Brothers, Cage The Elephant, Bastille, Grouplove, New Politics, The Neighbourhood, Switchfoot, Chvrches, MS MR, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Kongos, Bear Hands and Smallpools, with more to be announced.
For over 20 years, Edgeheads have gathered together for this legendary concert event in Dallas. Tickets are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets. Complete show details are available at www.KDGE.com.
“We are thrilled to bring Edgefest 24 back to our loyal fans this year,” said Patrick Davis, Program Director, 102.1 The Edge / Vice President of Programming. “This is one of the strongest line ups yet, with some of the biggest names in the alternative rock world right now. We know it will be a win for the Dallas Forth Worth area.”
Fans can listen to 102.1 The Edge on the station’s website, kdge.com, as well as on iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's all-in-one digital radio service. iHeartRadio delivers everything listeners want in one free, fully-integrated service: instant access to more than 1,500 of the nation's most popular live broadcast and digital-only radio stations from 150 cities, plus user-created custom stations inspired by favorite artists and songs. iHeartRadio also offers listeners a "Perfect For" feature which allows users to choose from thousands of curated stations based on a range of moods and activities. New - iHeartRadio Talk feature offers on-demand listener-created talk content alongside popular news, celebrity and entertainment “audiosodes.” iHeartRadio Talk also features “Daily Pulse,” a customizable Talk channel featuring the most up-to-date news and culture highlights, to which users can add or remove content that is most important to them.
About 102.1 The Edge:
102.1 The Edge is the DFW station offering the Dallas / Forth Worth area the best alternative rock music from artists such as Muse, Imagine Dragons, Mumford and Sons, and Green Day. 102.1 The Jagger Mafia wakes up the metroplex weekdays from 6-10 a.m. Mark hits the airwaves during middays. Jessie takes over during rush hour from 3-7 p.m., and Daniel rounds out the evening from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Come up to Toyota Stadium on Tuesday, Dec. 17 for our Holiday Open House!
We will have staff on hand from 2-7PM with merchandise specials up to 80% off, special contests and prizes headlined by your chance to win a Toyota Camry! We'll have both Santa Claus and Tex Hooper in the house from 5-7PM and throughout the day we'll have our Holiday Premier Pack on sale giving you the chance to get tickets to six of the hottest games at Toyota Stadium in 2014 for one low price!
Take one more trip up to Toyota Stadium in 2013 on Tuesday, Dec. 17 for our Holiday Open House!
In addition to our merch specials, look out for up to 60% off group ticket packages for 2014 that are only available on Friday morning at the team store!
Located in the Northeast corner of Toyota Stadium, the FC Dallas Team Shop is North Texas’ top location for fans to supply themselves with apparel and merchandise including all of the latest FCD products and the opportunity to personalize their official adidas Major League Soccer jerseys by printing names and numbers on the front and back.
Phone Number: 469-365-0260
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Game days: Opens at 2 p.m.
Limited tickets are still available for FC Dallas Fan Appreciation Day this Saturday, October 19. Fans with a ticket to Saturday's match are welcome to enjoy an EPL viewing party, a player autograph session, FC Dallas vs. Seattle Sounders FC presented by Degree Men and more!
VIEWING PARTY: The Toyota Stadium gates will open extra early on Saturday morning (11 a.m.) as FCD will be hosting a viewing party of Manchester City vs. West Ham United on a portable big screen on the North Concourse. That match is scheduled to kick of at 11:30 a.m. CT as NBC's lead-in to the broadcast of the FC Dallas game live from Toyota Stadium.
FREE FOOD: Attendees of Saturday morning's viewing party will be offered free CiCi's pizza (while supplies last) and can take advantage of some exclusive pre-game drink specials (cash only, good until 1 p.m.).
MERCH DEALS: The first 100 fans who make a purchase of $25 or more at the FC Dallas Team Shop will receive a free Fathead. Special gameday offers in the Team Shop also include $25 off jerseys and $5 off hats.
AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Fans are also encouraged to arrive early on Saturday morning to take part in an autograph session featuring select FC Dallas players on the North Concourse.
GIVEAWAYS: The first 5,000 people through the gates will receive FC Dallas Player Face Fans presented by Degree Men.
SKYDIVER: Just before kickoff, witness retired Sgt. First Class Dana Bowman as he parachutes into Toyota Stadium.
2013 HOME FINALE: Cheer on your FC Dallas in the final home game of 2013 against Clint Dempsey and Seattle Sounders FC presented by Degree Men in a match that will be nationally televised on NBC.
POST-GAME MATCH: All fans are encouraged to stay after FCD takes on the Sounders and cheer on your Special Olympics FC Dallas Team in a friendly game against FC Dallas Youth.
All you need in order to attend FC Dallas Fan Appreciation Day is a ticket to Saturday's game, so BUY YOURS NOW!
Don't miss out on the third annual Guns & Hoses of North Texas Football Championship when it comes to Toyota Stadium on Saturday, October 26. Police and firemen have been training all year to see who will come out on top in this full-fledged tackle football game. Tickets for the big game are available for $10 or VIP tickets can be purchased for $20, and kids four and under get in free.
All ticket revenue will be donated to the Guns & Hoses Foundation of North Texas, which counts on the support of the community to continue to serve the families of police officers and firefighters lost in the line of duty.
Parking at Toyota Stadium will be free for the game and a family-friendly tailgate featuring live music, inflatable and food and drink will get the festivities started at 1 p.m. in the Gold Lot. Stadium gates open at 5 p.m. with kickoff scheduled for 6 p.m.