We're less than a month away from Ivory Coast arriving in Frisco for their pre-World Cup camp & friendly vs El Salvador and today Ivory Coast Head Coach Sabri Lamouchi released his 28-man provisional squad for the World Cup:
Goalkeepers - Copa Barry (Lokeren), Gbohouo Sylvain (Sewe Sport), Sayouba Mandé (Stabaek), Badra Ali (ASEC Mimosas).
Defenders - Kolo Touré (Liverpool), Bamba Souleyman (Trabzonspor), Jean Daniel Akpa Akpro (Toulouse), Arthur Boka (Stuttgart), Serge Aurier (Toulouse), Brice Dja Djédjé (Marseille), Didier Zokora (Trabzonspor), Benjamin Angoua Brou (Valenciennes), Ousman Vieira (Caykur Rizespor).
Midfielders - Cheik Tioté (Newcastle), Yaya Touré (Manchester City), Romaric (Bastia), Max-Alain Gradel (St-Etienne), Ismaël Diomandé (St-Etienne), Didier Ya Konan (Hannover), Constant Djakpa (Eintracht Frankfurt), Geoffroy Serey Dié (Basel).
Strikers - Wilfried Bony (Swansea), Didier Drogba (Galatasaray), Gervinho (Roma), Giovanni Sio (Basel), Seydou Doumbia (CSKA Moscow), Lacina Traoré (Monaco), Salomon Kalou (Lille)
Ivory Coast faces Japan in their first match of Group C on June 14th to begin the World Cup. Greece and Colombia are the other two teams in their group. The Road to Brazil includes Ivory Coast playing in two international friendlies in the United States. Their first friendly is in St. Louis against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Saturday May 31st. Then they will be playing at our own Toyota Stadium on June 4th against El Salvador at 8pm. CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR TICKETS!
It's just about time for home game #3 at Toyota Stadium this season and so far we've seen two thrilling wins netting FCD six points and six goals. Saturday's game against Portland should be another thriller and here's the ten things you need to know before heading out to Toyota Stadium:
1. For all those Toyota drivers out there, show us how you go to tomorrow's game and you could win VIP suite tix and a free weekend rental of a Toyota!
2. We've extended our very popular college night promotion to tomorrow night! That means all college students with valid ID can score an endline ticket for just $10 at the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow night while supplies last.
3. As always, arrive early to Toyota Stadium as this week's honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be none other than team captain Andrew Jacobson! AJ will be scarfing the statue just before 7:00PM so get there early and cheer on our team captain.
4. In addition, AJ will be signing autographs tomorrow AFTER the game in the El Jimador Cantina located in the northwest terrace of the stadium. You're going to want to check out this new Toyota Stadium spot before and after every game!
5. Another reason to get there early, the first 5,000 fans will receive a free clapper courtesy of Saturday's presenting match partner, Toyota.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against Portland. The Timbers have struggled early in the season without a win in their first three games, but their midfield trio should give Dallas a very tough test on Saturday. Drew Epperley scouts Portland in his weekly "Know Your Enemy" piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. We've earned some nice weather after a couple cold games to start the season and we'll get it tomorrow night! The forecast calls for sunny and 75 degrees which means we could get a huge walkup crowd - yet another reason to arrive early to avoid the lines!
9. Kickoff is set for 7:30PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. FCD is in first place and undefeated with the highest-scoring offense in the league through three games. You don't want to miss tomorrow night's game. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, click here to secure yours!
It's home match #2 at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night as FC Dallas hosts Chivas USA pres. by Novo Nordisk in the first Western Conference matchup of the season for FCD. Here are the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium tomorrow night:
1. Get there early to enjoy Lamar's Tailgate with DJ Spin of The LHK spinning up until our Lamar Hunt Scarfing ceremony where Chris Clarke of FC Dallas Youth will be our honorary scarfer in celebration of FC Dallas Youth night. Gates open at 6:00PM for the 7:30PM kickoff.
2. Saturday night marks the first time two Colombians will coach against each other as good friends Oscar Pareja and Wilmer Cabrera's sides battle.
3. Don't miss Seth Savage Band playing in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium.
4. If you don't have tickets yet and you live around downtown or 635, why not take a ride on the FCD Express? You can get a round trip bus ride + ticket for $25 or just a round trip ride for $10.
5. For FC Dallas, Saturday's game represents a chance to go 2-0-1 and stay at the top of the Western Conference with a win. Hear Hedges, Keel & Pareja give their thoughts on the match with our Quick Kicks.
7. Mother nature isn't being terribly kind to us again though temperatures will be much warmer than the last game. There's about a 30% chance of rain, though chances are supposed to go down by the evening so keep your fingers crossed, but bring a jacket.
8. If you can't make it to tonight's game, the broadcast is on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 148/MLS Direct Kick/MLS Live as well as 100.7FM in english and 1270AM in spanish.
9. FC Dallas has only lost two of 13 MLS matches against Chivas USA at Toyota Stadium. You can find other interesting tidbits in our official match preview.
10. If you don't have your tickets yet, what are you waiting for? Buy them here.
While putting together the first social media recap of season this afternoon, I ran across some simply awesome Instagram videos providing unique views of FCD goals, particularly Mauro's scorcher. I didn't want them to get lost in the many Tweets/Instagrams, so here they are. As always, tag your Instagrams & Tweets with #DTID to possibly get them included in our weekly social media recap!
The countdown is at 0 days! We've finally reached the big season opener at Toyota Stadium vs. Montreal Impact pres. by AdvoCare! Since there are just so many things going on in and around Toyota Stadium, we thought we'd compile a list of ten things you need to know both about tonight's game and the goings on around the stadium.
1. Get there early for our Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony! Former FC Dallas goalkeeper and new member of the Time Warner Cable Sports broadcast team, Kevin Hartman, will be our honorary scarfer tonight and the ceremony is set for 7:00PM sharp so get there early for the best spot!
2. We've got your pre-game meal covered! Grab a friend and stop by brand new MLS partner Chipotle who are offering BOGO at all DFW locations today only for anyone wearing FC Dallas gear!
3. If you don't feel like driving to the game tonight, we've got two different options for you! Take the FCD Express from one of four spots around Dallas County and you can grab a ticket + ride for $25 or a round trip ride for only $10. Also, Uber has partnered with FCD for this game to offer a FREE $30 credit for all first-time customers.
4. If you do drive to the game and you're lucky enough to have a Toyota, our stadium partners Toyota are offering FREE upgraded parking for all Toyota drivers in the Camry Gold lot, adjacent to the Dr. Pink field directly NW of the stadium. Parking, as always, is free for all attendees in our other lots around Toyota Stadium!
5. On the field, FC Dallas will be looking to win on opening night for the third straight year. Star forward Blas Perez is back for his third season with the club and is targeting big things in 2014 with no major international duty scheduled.
6. For our opponents, Montreal, some undisciplined actions in their 2013 playoff loss to Houston will result in some missing pieces for tonight's match. Star forward Marco Di Vaio, scorer of 20 goals last season, will be out on suspension and we discussed what that means in our Toyota Keys to the Match.
7. This season, our popular drumline, FC Drum, returns and they're doubled in size! Along with FC Drum, we're introducing a new group of DJs to Lamar's Tailgate in 2014, The LHK, as heard on 106.1 KISS FM. The LHK & FC Drum have worked together on a DJ/Drum mashup right after the scarfing ceremony on the north concourse that you're not going to want to miss!
8. Our brand new 2014 home jersey presented by AdvoCare will be on display in our newly-renovated team store in the northeast corner of the stadium and new to Toyota Stadium in 2014 is a completely new, second team store on the south end of the stadium. It's going to be a little bit chilly tonight so be sure to buy our 2014 March Scarf of the Month. Supplies are VERY limited!
9. Speaking of weather, our friends over at CBS 11 tell us that while it might be a little bit chilly, any rain in the forecast will be gone well before game time! You wouldn't miss out on the home opener because it's a little cold would you? That would be a very Houston thing to do.
10. We are Red for 90. We'll see you tonight! There are a few tickets left if you still need some.
Last night at the city council meeting at Frisco City Hall, Mayor Maher Maso welcomed VP of Ticket Sales Kris Katseanas and FCD defender Walker Zimmerman to the proceedings as he officially declared every Friday before FC Dallas weekend home games as Red Friday Frisco.
Head to www.redfridayfrisco.com to see what it's all about and watch the video below to let Kris explain things.
We've got some great news for all FCD fans who frequent Toyota Stadium. The ever-popular Cane's Challenge is returning for 2014!
Every time FC Dallas scores in a home game at Toyota Stadium in 2014, take your game ticket to any DFW area Raising Cane's to score a buy one get one free combo through close of business the day after game day.
FCD goals = Free chicken fingers!
DALLAS – 102.1 The Edge (KDGE-FM) today announced EDGEFEST 24 on April 26, 2014 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. The double staged, day-long concert event will feature an all star line up including BECK, The Avett Brothers, Cage The Elephant, Bastille, Grouplove, New Politics, The Neighbourhood, Switchfoot, Chvrches, MS MR, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Kongos, Bear Hands and Smallpools, with more to be announced.
For over 20 years, Edgeheads have gathered together for this legendary concert event in Dallas. Tickets are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets. Complete show details are available at www.KDGE.com.
“We are thrilled to bring Edgefest 24 back to our loyal fans this year,” said Patrick Davis, Program Director, 102.1 The Edge / Vice President of Programming. “This is one of the strongest line ups yet, with some of the biggest names in the alternative rock world right now. We know it will be a win for the Dallas Forth Worth area.”
Fans can listen to 102.1 The Edge on the station’s website, kdge.com, as well as on iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's all-in-one digital radio service. iHeartRadio delivers everything listeners want in one free, fully-integrated service: instant access to more than 1,500 of the nation's most popular live broadcast and digital-only radio stations from 150 cities, plus user-created custom stations inspired by favorite artists and songs. iHeartRadio also offers listeners a "Perfect For" feature which allows users to choose from thousands of curated stations based on a range of moods and activities. New - iHeartRadio Talk feature offers on-demand listener-created talk content alongside popular news, celebrity and entertainment “audiosodes.” iHeartRadio Talk also features “Daily Pulse,” a customizable Talk channel featuring the most up-to-date news and culture highlights, to which users can add or remove content that is most important to them.
About 102.1 The Edge:
102.1 The Edge is the DFW station offering the Dallas / Forth Worth area the best alternative rock music from artists such as Muse, Imagine Dragons, Mumford and Sons, and Green Day. 102.1 The Jagger Mafia wakes up the metroplex weekdays from 6-10 a.m. Mark hits the airwaves during middays. Jessie takes over during rush hour from 3-7 p.m., and Daniel rounds out the evening from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Come up to Toyota Stadium on Tuesday, Dec. 17 for our Holiday Open House!
We will have staff on hand from 2-7PM with merchandise specials up to 80% off, special contests and prizes headlined by your chance to win a Toyota Camry! We'll have both Santa Claus and Tex Hooper in the house from 5-7PM and throughout the day we'll have our Holiday Premier Pack on sale giving you the chance to get tickets to six of the hottest games at Toyota Stadium in 2014 for one low price!
Take one more trip up to Toyota Stadium in 2013 on Tuesday, Dec. 17 for our Holiday Open House!