Here's what head coach Oscar Pareja had to say after Sunday's 1-0 loss to New York:
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium after a weekend away on Sunday as they'll host the New York Red Bulls in a rare visit from the Gotham City club. Here's 10 things to know about Sunday's game:
1. You definitely don't want to miss our Cinco de Mayo celebration in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium tomorrow. Gates are opening 30 minutes early at 12:00PM and the party runs all the way until kickoff at 2:00PM with $1 tacos and $4 beer/mixed drinks.
2. The autograph schedule for tomorrow's party: Peter Luccin & George John from 12:30 - 1:00, Zach Loyd & Michel from 1:00 - 1:30.
3. As always, you don't want to miss our Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony and Sunday's one will be special as SMU head basketball coach and basketball hall of famer Larry Brown will have the honors on Sunday. The ceremony typically takes place a little more than 30 minutes before kickoff.
4. The New York Red Bulls bring a hot team to Toyota Stadium on Sunday and right now they're being led by a player other than one of their DP's. Read all about it.
5. Speaking of hot, it's going to be a toasty one on Sunday as summer rears its head for the first time this year. Bring some sunscreen and your sunglasses, but remember that umbrellas are not allowed inside Toyota Stadium.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. If you can't make Sunday's match, kickoff is set for 2:06PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. You can get caught up on everything #FCDvNY with our official MLSsoccer.com match preview.
10. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, beat the box office lines on matchday and secure yours here!
Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match for Sunday's game vs New York:
FCDTV went behind the scenes recently with the U-18 Academy team as they faced two-time defending EPL Academy champions Fulham FC in the opening game of Dallas Cup XXXV. Enjoy our mini-documentary:
FCD goalkeeper Chris Seitz has earned his third save of the week nomination in the last four weeks for his sprawling one-handed save on Davy Arnaud in the first half of FCD's 4-1 loss to DC United on Saturday night. Seitz has won the award two out of the last three weeks and let's get him another SOTW award!
WATCH: SOTW Week 8
Sunday's game against New York Red Bulls is tracking to be another huge crowd at Toyota Stadium and we want to invite everyone to come out early for our Cinco de Mayo party in the El Jimador Cantina.
We're opening gates 30 minutes earlier than normal at noon and welcoming everyone to come grab lunch in the northwest terrace at Toyota Stadium where we'll be offering $1 tacos, $4 beers and $4 special mixed drinks to get everyone ready for our huge match against Thierry Henry, Tim Cahill and the Red Bulls.
One of the most popular new additions to Toyota Stadium in 2014, The LHK, will be DJ'ing while FCD players will hold autograph signings as well. Autograph schedule:
12:30 - 1:00: George John & Peter Luccin
1:00 - 1:30: Zach Loyd & Michel
Additionally, we have a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer this week as SMU basketball Head Coach and Basketball Hall of Famer Larry Brown will have the honors this Sunday.
We'll see everyone early on Sunday at Toyota Stadium as we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the El Jimador Cantina before FC Dallas takes on the New York Red Bulls in their only visit to Frisco this year.
Saturday's 4-1 loss to DC United isn't one that FC Dallas fans will want to replay too many times, but there was one moment of brilliance from Mauro Diaz and FC Dallas. Fabian Castillo, Blas Perez and Mauro combined to score of the best team goals of the season so far in MLS and that goal has been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week. For Mauro, this is his third nomination of the season on his third goal of the year.
WATCH: GOTW Week 8
The second annual FC Dallas Academy Day returns to Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 as our first-place US Soccer Development Academy teams take on local side Dallas Texans.
Come watch the future of FC Dallas play on the stadium field in our annual celebration of the FC Dallas Academy with a tripleheader of matches.
Festivities kick off with the U-14s playing at 10:00AM, U-18s at 12:30PM and U-16s at 3:00PM. In addition, the FC Dallas first team will be practicing at the Toyota Soccer Center in the morning(time TBA) so you’ll have the opportunity to watch the pros train before Sunday’s big game against New York, then come watch the Academy in a crucial tripleheader of matches.
We will have street tacos on sale all afternoon while Tex Hooper and FC Drum powered by TXU Energy will be at Toyota Stadium from 11:30 – 1:30. The FC Dallas Team Store will also be open from 10:00AM to 2:00PM with all your FCD gear including our brand new LH Lifestyle line.
Did we mention admission and parking are both completely free?
We’ll see you out at Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 for our second annual FC Dallas Academy Day!
Hear from Oscar Pareja, Kellyn Acosta & Matt Hedges ahead of Saturday's game at DC United:
With the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil just around the corner, McDonald’s and FC Dallas are looking for the best junior reporter ages 6-10 to cover all the action from Dallas during the world’s biggest sporting event.
From today until Monday, May 5 submit a 30-second YouTube video explaining why you should be the official McDonald’s Junior Reporter during the 2014 FIFA World Cup. We’re looking for the most charismatic and entertaining reporter to host their very own segment on FCDallas.com as the entire world turns it eyes to the tournament in Brazil.
You will have the opportunity to interview FC Dallas players and coaches, attend FC Dallas World Cup Watch parties presented by McDonald’s, and much more. Have a parent or guardian age 18 or older upload your video to YouTube showing why you should be our official junior reporter during the 2014 FIFA World Cup (INSTRUCTIONS), tag it with McDonald's Junior Reporter in the video title and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. One lucky contestant will be selected on Wednesday, May 7 to be the official McDonald’s and FC Dallas Junior Reporter.
- Child must be between 6-10 years old
- Attend up to four (4) appearances between May 31-July 13
- All videos must be submitted by Monday, May 5