EDIT: Castillo currently leads voting with only one day left! Get those votes in for Fabian!
For the second week out of three, FC Dallas is nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
This week, it's Fabian Castillo's 71st-minute strike to give FC Dallas the lead in their 3-1 victory over Chivas USA. With the goal, Castillo has already equaled his goal output for 2013 and looks set for his biggest year yet in 2014.
WATCH: GOTW Week 3
Multimedia Manager Aaron Griffin brings you The Final Word on Saturday's big win with great goals and post-game comments from Pareja & Hedges:
Here's Oscar's ten-minute post-Chivas USA press conference audio:
It's home match #2 at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night as FC Dallas hosts Chivas USA pres. by Novo Nordisk in the first Western Conference matchup of the season for FCD. Here are the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium tomorrow night:
1. Get there early to enjoy Lamar's Tailgate with DJ Spin of The LHK spinning up until our Lamar Hunt Scarfing ceremony where Chris Clarke of FC Dallas Youth will be our honorary scarfer in celebration of FC Dallas Youth night. Gates open at 6:00PM for the 7:30PM kickoff.
2. Saturday night marks the first time two Colombians will coach against each other as good friends Oscar Pareja and Wilmer Cabrera's sides battle.
3. Don't miss Seth Savage Band playing in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium.
4. If you don't have tickets yet and you live around downtown or 635, why not take a ride on the FCD Express? You can get a round trip bus ride + ticket for $25 or just a round trip ride for $10.
5. For FC Dallas, Saturday's game represents a chance to go 2-0-1 and stay at the top of the Western Conference with a win. Hear Hedges, Keel & Pareja give their thoughts on the match with our Quick Kicks.
7. Mother nature isn't being terribly kind to us again though temperatures will be much warmer than the last game. There's about a 30% chance of rain, though chances are supposed to go down by the evening so keep your fingers crossed, but bring a jacket.
8. If you can't make it to tonight's game, the broadcast is on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 148/MLS Direct Kick/MLS Live as well as 100.7FM in english and 1270AM in spanish.
9. FC Dallas has only lost two of 13 MLS matches against Chivas USA at Toyota Stadium. You can find other interesting tidbits in our official match preview.
10. If you don't have your tickets yet, what are you waiting for? Buy them here.
We caught up with defenders Matt Hedges & Stephen Keel as well as coach Oscar Pareja to talk Saturday's game with our weekly Quick Kicks:
Earlier this afternoon, Chris Seitz took to Twitter to ask you guys whether he should keep the beard or shave it?
Here at Toyota Stadium, we're partial to a little #FearTheBeard action, but what do you guys think?
Shave it? Keep it? Let us know in the poll!
P.S. In case you didn't know, Seitz has been pretty much awesome so far this season and currently sits tied for second in saves in MLS.
It's time to start looking ahead to Sporting Kansas City on Saturday night and we talked to Moises Hernandez, Chris Seitz & Oscar Pareja about the upcoming game this weekend:
Today at Toyota Stadium, we had the chance for our media session with new forward David Texeira getting his headshot, signature move, name that tune & starting XI videos and graphics done.
We were all very impressed with Texeira(pronounced Tex-eh-ruh), who actually speaks very good English and will no-doubt become a fan favorite very quickly in Frisco.
You may see him very soon on the field as well with head coach Oscar Pareja hinting that he might make the trip to Sporting Kansas City this weekend.
It's just about time for our first Budweiser Party at the Pubs Watch Party of 2014! Join us this Saturday at Varsity Club Frisco a few miles west of the stadium on Main Street in Frisco as FC Dallas battles defending champions Sporting KC at 7:30PM.
Like last year, if you attend all eight of our Party at the Pubs in 2014, you'll be entered to win two 2015 Budweiser Beer Garden tickets and as with every watching party, we'll have lots of great FCD gear to give away.
Bring your friends, RSVP on Facebook and come out to the first watching party of 2014 on Saturday night in Frisco at Varsity Club!
Here's the best pictures from Saturday's big season-opening win over Montreal: