EDIT: Our $10 link has expired but we've seen such great success that we're opening it up at the gates! Show up to the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow with your student ID and you can score a $10 endline ticket while supplies last!
Attention college students! Saturday night at Toyota Stadium is college night and we're offering a great discount for you to watch first-place FC Dallas take on the Portland Timbers.
College students can score $10 endline tickets for Saturday night's game as first-place and undefeated FC Dallas battles Western Conference rival Portland Timbers in what should be another heart-stopping game at Toyota Stadium.
Students with a valid ID can purchase $10 endline tickets while supplies last by showing your student ID at the north box office.
All tickets previously purchased through the link will be at north box office will call and can be picked up with a valid student ID!
When you're in first place, everyone wants to chat with you and head coach Oscar Pareja joined the MLSsoccer.com guys yesterday for an interview on ExtraTime Radio. There's some great info in here from Oscar talking about the team, Academy, players like David Texeira and much more.
They kick the show off with some FCD talk and Oscar hops on about 5 minutes in.
More greatness taking a final look back at Saturday's win over Chivas USA:
Here's the highlights from yesterday's 2-0 Reserve League win over Chivas USA. Click here for the full recap.
EDIT: Castillo currently leads voting with only one day left! Get those votes in for Fabian!
For the second week out of three, FC Dallas is nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
This week, it's Fabian Castillo's 71st-minute strike to give FC Dallas the lead in their 3-1 victory over Chivas USA. With the goal, Castillo has already equaled his goal output for 2013 and looks set for his biggest year yet in 2014.
WATCH: GOTW Week 3
Multimedia Manager Aaron Griffin brings you The Final Word on Saturday's big win with great goals and post-game comments from Pareja & Hedges:
Here's Oscar's ten-minute post-Chivas USA press conference audio:
It's home match #2 at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night as FC Dallas hosts Chivas USA pres. by Novo Nordisk in the first Western Conference matchup of the season for FCD. Here are the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium tomorrow night:
1. Get there early to enjoy Lamar's Tailgate with DJ Spin of The LHK spinning up until our Lamar Hunt Scarfing ceremony where Chris Clarke of FC Dallas Youth will be our honorary scarfer in celebration of FC Dallas Youth night. Gates open at 6:00PM for the 7:30PM kickoff.
2. Saturday night marks the first time two Colombians will coach against each other as good friends Oscar Pareja and Wilmer Cabrera's sides battle.
3. Don't miss Seth Savage Band playing in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium.
4. If you don't have tickets yet and you live around downtown or 635, why not take a ride on the FCD Express? You can get a round trip bus ride + ticket for $25 or just a round trip ride for $10.
5. For FC Dallas, Saturday's game represents a chance to go 2-0-1 and stay at the top of the Western Conference with a win. Hear Hedges, Keel & Pareja give their thoughts on the match with our Quick Kicks.
7. Mother nature isn't being terribly kind to us again though temperatures will be much warmer than the last game. There's about a 30% chance of rain, though chances are supposed to go down by the evening so keep your fingers crossed, but bring a jacket.
8. If you can't make it to tonight's game, the broadcast is on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 148/MLS Direct Kick/MLS Live as well as 100.7FM in english and 1270AM in spanish.
9. FC Dallas has only lost two of 13 MLS matches against Chivas USA at Toyota Stadium. You can find other interesting tidbits in our official match preview.
10. If you don't have your tickets yet, what are you waiting for? Buy them here.
We caught up with defenders Matt Hedges & Stephen Keel as well as coach Oscar Pareja to talk Saturday's game with our weekly Quick Kicks:
Earlier this afternoon, Chris Seitz took to Twitter to ask you guys whether he should keep the beard or shave it?
Here at Toyota Stadium, we're partial to a little #FearTheBeard action, but what do you guys think?
Shave it? Keep it? Let us know in the poll!
P.S. In case you didn't know, Seitz has been pretty much awesome so far this season and currently sits tied for second in saves in MLS.