FC Dallas has never been 4-0-0 in their previous 19 seasons in Major League Soccer. They have the chance to do that for the first time in franchise history on Saturday night against Seattle Sounders FC. It's going to be a packed house at Toyota Stadium and here are the ten things to know before you join us for another #DTID night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Toyota and they're bringing you the second in our set of four collectible mini-rally scarves. The first 7,500 will receive a rally scarf upon entry to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night, so get there early!
2. It's a huge honor to have Mexican soccer legend Cuauhtemoc Blanco scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue on Saturday night as he and his Puebla side will face Queretaro and Ronaldinho on Sunday at Toyota Stadium. Don't miss the ceremony at 7:00PM on the north concourse.
3. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Brian Dunseth on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
4. The weather for our first two home games hasn't been the best with snow and rain to deal with. Those days are gone as we're going to have an absolutely gorgeous night on Saturday with CBS 11 predicting highs in the 80s with temperature right around 70 at kickoff.
5. This sweet match-specific poster to the left and all your FCD gear is available in the team store at Toyota Stadium and if you're a Season Ticket Holder ask about how you can get the April Scarf of the Month before anyone else!
6. Get your pre-game workout in with our brand new Pre-Game Playlist from the official DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. Saturday's match will be affected by international callups for both sides and the defense that FC Dallas turns into offense will be key to getting a win. We break it all down with the Keys to the Match presented by Toyota.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $22. See you at Toyota Stadium!
The official in-house DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew, will be bringing you a pre-game playlist before every game at Toyota Stadium. Here's your first mix to get you pumped for Saturday night's game:
Here are all the best photos from FCD's 2-0 win at Philadelphia last weekend:
One of the biggest annual Dallas events is Saturday in Lower Greenville as the Dallas Observer hosts the St. Patricks Day concert featuring Josh Abbott Band and FC Dallas will be there!
We're hosting the FC Dallas Gaming Garden from 12:00 - 3:00PM with FIFA15 on the XBOX One, corn hole, giant Jenga, ladder ball and perhaps a couple other games more geared towards the St. Patricks Day crowd.
We'll have an FC Dallas team-signed scarf to give away as well as sunglasses and drawstring bags, all for free. Also, if you're coming from up north, be sure to hop on the DART because let's face it, you don't want to deal with parking in Lower Greenville.
Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Gaming Garden at the Dallas Observer St. Patrick's Day concert before you head to Toyota Stadium for Saturday night's big match vs Sporting KC!
One of the coolest parts of last fall's double dose of MLS playoff games at Toyota Stadium was seeing the fans standing and waiving the "Red For Glory" mini-scarves handed out to nearly everyone in attendance.
They were so popular, that we're bringing them back in 2015 with a special twist.
At four games this season, the first 7,500 fans into Toyota Stadium will be receiving collectible mini-scarves with Saturday's home opener the first chance to get your hands on the first of the four-scarf set.
As you can see, the scarf we're handing out on Saturday, which is presented by AdvoCare, has our "Red for 90" tagline on there but if you look closer you can see a "D"...this is where having all four is awesome. When you have all four of the scarves, it will spell out DTID and we don't think we need to tell you what that means.
Remember, the scarves are only being handed out to the first 7,500 fans on Saturday so GET THERE EARLY! MLS Commissioner Don Garber will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM so there's really no excuse to not get in your seats early on Saturday night and get the first of four mini-scarves!
If you don't have your tickets yet, click here to order yours!
2015 Collectible Mini-Scarf Schedule:
- 3/7 vs San Jose pres. by AdvoCare
- 3/28 vs Seattle pres. by Toyota
- 7/25 vs Portland Timbers FC pres. by Chase
- 8/15 vs LA Galaxy pres. by Toyota
Today is Digital Day across FC Dallas platforms as we get prepped for Saturday's season opener against San Jose. Come back here at 2:00PM(or maybe a couple minutes earlier) to join in our annual online chat with FC Dallas Head Coach Oscar Pareja! Everyone who asks a question in today's chat with Papi will be entered to win an FC Dallas team-signed scarf so be sure to stick around because we will pick a winner at the end!
This certainly wasn't your typical Friday at Toyota Stadium.
The light flurries we saw driving to work quickly turned into a snowstorm that we see once every few years here in DFW.
Training in a winter wonderland...❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/c36oA1QnjW
— FC Dallas (@FCDallas) February 27, 2015
The thing that made this even more surreal was the whole scene playing out as FC Dallas held their final training session before departing for Saturday's last match of the preseason at the NASL's San Antonio Scorpions.
As the snow began to fall, those of us on the social media/digital team of course went outside to document things because snow + soccer is a social media dream. Little did we know, the snow would pick up to the point that practice had to be stopped early as Frisco turned into a late-winter wonderland. Here's the morning through snowcial media and some great pictures from our creative team.
Next Friday night, February 20th at Toyota Stadium we have a friendly against DC United in the penultimate preseason tuneup for FC Dallas before the season starts on March 7th.
Now for our regular season MLS games, there are regulations in place for just about everything you can think of from sponsors to game presentation to the way the field is mowed....but those don't count for preseason friendlies so we thought we'd have a fun vote to determine which field pattern we will have for the beautiful Toyota Stadium pitch next Friday night.
Below are the four options we can have for Friday night's game. Allen Reed and his groundscrew team need a few days to fully mow in the pattern, so get your vote in before Monday then come out to Toyota Stadium and come back next Friday to see which option won!
Tickets are still available for next Friday's friendly which is complementary for season ticket holders, $10 for general admission & $25 for reserved seating.
Option 1 - Bullseye
Option 2 - Traditional
Option 3 - Checkerboard
Option 4 - Plaid
Twitter is so great. Yesterday, #FiveWordsToRuinADate was trending throughout the day so we had some fun with it and asked our loyal #DTID followers to give us their best #FiveWordsToRuinADate FC Dallas style...here were some of the best responses:
It's Halloween night and we want to see your #DTID pride on October 31st!
Our #RedSunday playoff game vs Seattle Sounders FC is just a couple days away and you could win a field-side table for four for the huge match.
Simply send us a picture on Twitter or Instagram with #FCDHalloween whether it's a costume, pumpkin or anything else #DTID.
Every picture is an entry to win and we'll pick a winner randomly on Saturday afternoon!