Tonight, FC Dallas takes the Toyota Stadium field for the last time until June 26th. That's exactly six weeks away! Don't miss our showdown against Eastern Conference high-flyers New York Red Bulls tonight at 8:00PM. Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've been thrilled to have our new TV show FC Dallas Extra Time on TXA21 as well as FC Dallas Live which will debut this coming Wednesday and scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue tonight will be the host of those two shows, long-time Dallas sports host Gina Miller. Don't miss that ceremony right around 7:30PM on the north concourse.
2. Tonight's presenting partner is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and they will be handing out rally towels to the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium so get there early to get your FCD rally towel.
3. Our graphic designer Olivia Brestal has crafted up a beautiful match poster(pictured to the left) for tonight's game and you can get yours in the FCD Team Store for just a few bucks!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Univision Deportes and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV or just tune in to Steve Davis' broadcast on 100.7FM at 8:00PM!
5. FCD's alpha dog forward Blas Perez will be displaying his talents again tonight and MLS Insider has a must-see feature on El Raton showing both his hero and villain side.
6. Don't forget to arrive early and take a shot at our first-annual Crossbar Challenge! You can win a chance to go down on the Toyota Stadium field after the game and even win FC Dallas season tickets! Follow the link for more information.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Our two-tone logo snapback hat is the official merchandise store special tonight and you can get yours for just $10, that's $15 off!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
Bonus: We have started a brand new in-stadium text program for those going to FC Dallas games. We'll update you on things going on around the stadium, merch specials, send you highlights and much more! Text match7 to 444-222 to subscribe for free.
Our May Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the best mascot in MLS, our very own Tex Hooper!
You may not be Tex Hooper, but you can look like him with this fun design which, on one side, has the Tex Hooper name mark with the FC Dallas logo which comes together when you wear it. On the other side is where the magic happens with Tex Hooper horns that make you look like Tex when you hold it up to your head.
Now, normally you hold the scarf high above your head, but this one is best held like you see to the left with Victor Ulloa.
This unique scarf will definitely sell out, so be sure to stop by the team store this week or at Saturday's match against Los Angeles to get your brand new May Scarf of the Month dedicated to the big man, Tex Hooper!
First segment … We start off talking about Champions League competitions on two continents, the UEFA version and the CONCACAF version.
Second segment … Marc Stein got a few minutes with New York Red Bull and U.S. international Sacha Kljestan, who was candid about his domestic and international roles.
Third segment … ESPN FC's Craig Burley, a former Scottish international and longtime Chelsea man, joins to talk Premier League and Champions League.
Fourth segment … Show producer Tyler Kern joins Steve Davis to talk about U.S. national team youngster Jordan Morris, and about a conversation started last week by ESPN's Taylor Twellman.
FC Dallas fans have raised the game at Toyota Stadium over the last couple years creating a one of a kind sports atmosphere in DFW and Dr Pepper, the presenting partner for our next home match against the LA Galaxy on May 9th wants to provide select #DTID fans with a One of A Kind Experience!
Dr Pepper is always one of a kind and they want FC Dallas fans to show why they're an #FCDOneOfAKind fan. Here's the details:
-Post a picture on Twitter or Instagram showing your FC Dallas spirit and include hashtag #FCDOneOfAKind in the post between 12:00PM on Tuesday, April 21st and 12:00PM on Monday, April 27th.
-Ten (10) winners will receive two (2) tickets to the Saturday, May 9th match vs Los Angeles presented by Dr Pepper.
-From Monday, April 27th to Friday, May 1st, fans can vote on their favorite picture from the ten winners and the top three vote winners will receive a VIP Toyota Stadium tour, on-field access during pre-game warmups, an FCD prize pack featuring a new jersey and more including a full supply of Dr Pepper products!
In 2015, FC Dallas unveiled a beautiful new alternate blue and white jersey and while we haven't worn it yet, that time is coming soon.
Rumor has it as early as next weekend you could see the blue and white strip at Toyota Stadium and our April Scarf of the Month is a nod to our new 2015 alternate jersey.
Remember, while five of the first seven are at home, seven of the next nine after that are away from the friendly confines of Frisco and there's no better accessory to your FCD blue and white jersey than our April Scarf of the Month.
All elements on the scarf are taken straight from the new jersey including the hoops, new MLS logo and LH logo. The opposite side is the inside neck tag.
It's important to accessorize and there's no better way to do that than with our new April SOTM. Remember this lovely scarf is available only in the FC Dallas Team Store at Toyota Stadium and will sell out quickly so be sure to come up this week and nab yours or snag one at Friday's game vs Colorado.
One of the biggest annual Dallas events is Saturday in Lower Greenville as the Dallas Observer hosts the St. Patricks Day concert featuring Josh Abbott Band and FC Dallas will be there!
We're hosting the FC Dallas Gaming Garden from 12:00 - 3:00PM with FIFA15 on the XBOX One, corn hole, giant Jenga, ladder ball and perhaps a couple other games more geared towards the St. Patricks Day crowd.
We'll have an FC Dallas team-signed scarf to give away as well as sunglasses and drawstring bags, all for free. Also, if you're coming from up north, be sure to hop on the DART because let's face it, you don't want to deal with parking in Lower Greenville.
Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Gaming Garden at the Dallas Observer St. Patrick's Day concert before you head to Toyota Stadium for Saturday night's big match vs Sporting KC!
We're in the first days of a new month and that means it's time to unveil the latest edition in our 2014 Scarf of the Month series. September's scarf pays tribute to Hispanic Heritage Month as we recognize and celebrate the contributions made by the Latin American community to the United States. Our September Scarf of the Month reflects the Latin culture with its intricate design and white fringe.
Septiembre representa el Mes de la Herencia Hispana, al reconocer y celebrar las contribuciones que ha hecho la comunidad Latinoamericana en los Estados Unidos. Nuestra Bufanda del mes de Septiembre refleja la cultura Latinoamericana a través de su intricado diseño y una franja blanca. Asegura la tuya antes de que se agoten!
Remember, there's a limited inventory for every Scarf of the Month, so get yours today before they're sold out!
After FC Dallas' 3-1 win over the Colorado Rapids ealier this month, the FC Dallas Special Olympics team played the Colorado Rapids Special Olympics squad in the second match of a doubleheader that evening.
The event was a resounding success, and one part of what made it all possible was the volunteerism of a handful of FC Dallas Youth players. With 10 players on the roster, the Special Olympics team needed a few volunteers in order to accomodate an 11v11 full-field game.
They got the extra players they needed in FC Dallas U-18 ECNL players Jordan Mulnix, Makenna Johnson and Ashley Bishop and ECNL U-23 forward Hannah Higgins [above, bottom row, left four].
"It was an incredible atmosphere," said Higgins, a recent University of Texas graduate who has played for FCD's U-23 team for the past three summers. "I know the [Special Olympics players] were super excited to get out there and play."
Higgins' younger brother is a Special Olympics athlete and her father is president of the Flower Mound Special Olympics. She said as soon as the opportunity came up she knew she wanted to help any way she could.
"I definitely try to give back to Special Olympics," she said. "Whenever I can I try to go out and help coach my brother’s Special Olympics team or just volunteer, whether it’s hanging out with the kids or coming to cheer them on."
That kind of volunteerism is something encouraged through the PRACTICE program, which is a character-building initiative FC Dallas Youth uses to reinforce traits such as Compassion, Respect and Integrity in players both on and off the pitch.
"It was a really fulfilling experience for me," said High School senior Ashley Bishop, a midfielder for the U-18 ECNL team. "[The Special Olympics players] were so pumped to play in the stadium. They were super excited and I think they all had a lot of fun. It was a really good experience for everyone."
With the support from FC Dallas Youth, the front office and the thousands of fans who cheered the team on throughout the match, the Special Olympics athletes got the memorable night they deserved.
"To have the opportunity to play on a professional field in front of professional athletes; I think they felt like superstars that night. For all of us that volunteered, that’s what we wanted; we wanted them to feel like superstars."