San Jose Earthquakes
We're finally here! It's time to raise the curtain on the 2015 Major League Soccer and FC Dallas opens the campaign on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium against the San Jose Earthquakes at 7:30PM. Here are the 10 things you need to know before we pack the Toyota Stadium stands:
1. Saturday's match is presented by AdvoCare and they're giving the first 7,500 fans through the gates an FCD rally mini-scarf! It's the first of four this season and you can read about the whole collection here.
2. We've got a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony on Saturday night as MLS Commissioner Don Garber will have the honors. Come to Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse right around 6:55 for that one.
3. After what feels like two weeks of ice and snow, mother nature has smiled on FC Dallas, bringing temperatures predicted to be near 60 degrees on Saturday afternoon with temps right around 50 at kickoff. Bring a jacket and your tailgating gear as the Toyota Stadium parking lots will be hopping well before kickoff.
4. Saturday's match is the first one on TXA 21 as part of our brand new TV deal. Also new in 2015 is an extended post-game show on our radio broadcast on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis. Be sure to turn on 100.7FM as you're leaving Toyota Stadium as Steve and Peter Welpton, co-host of 1310AM The Ticket's "The Kickaround," will break down the action after the 90 minutes are up while on the Spanish side, long-time host Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon are back on 1270AM. Additionally, outside the DFW metroplex, our game will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports Texas Channel 323 so we've got you covered from all angles!
5. Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Team Store at Saturday's game for all your FCD gear needs including the brand new 2015 secondary jersey as well as our game-exclusive match poster which is VERY limited edition.
6. If you think Tesho Akindele is headed for a sophomore slump, think again.
7. As with any new year, there are a ton of new things around Toyota Stadium, be sure to check out all our new things around Toyota Stadium including a brand new merch store in the northwest corner, the new LHK DJ Booth next to the Lamar Hunt Statue, an updated Chase Seat Store, brand new LED field boards around the pitch and our pre-game show at the MoneyGram desk.
8. Saturday's matchup features two teams that were headed in different directions at the end of 2014 and San Jose added a new coach because of it. We break it down in our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
9. Saturday is your FINAL chance to get your season ticket package including the July 7th US Men's National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader. Don't miss out, secure your season seats here!
10. Limited tickets are still available for Saturday's match and you can avoid the box office lines by securing your seats here. See you Saturday night!
Scott and Daniel break down this weekend's Western Conference matchup against the San Jose Earthquakes.
Here's your match highlights from FCD's 2-1 loss to San Jose:
Full match highlights from FC Dallas' 2-1 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes.
GOAL: Walter Martinez gives the Earthquakes a 1-0 lead in the first half.
GOAL: Chris Wondolowski doubles the lead with a rocket from the right side of the box.
WATCH: MLS Original Ramiro Corrales subs off to a standing ovation in his final match.
GOAL: Stephen Keel scores his first of the season to cut the lead in half late.
FRISCO – FC Dallas had its first training session of the week Tuesday in preparation for Sunday’s match at Chivas USA (6 p.m. CT on FSSW Plus).
While the team is looking ahead for what is a must-win to keep pace with Vancouver for the final playoff spot, head coach Schellas Hyndman addressed FCD’s 3-3 draw Saturday night at San Jose one last time with reporters.
“I think you have to realize it was a game we really played quite well,” Hyndman said, reflecting on the match nearly 60 hours after it concluded. “We had the lead twice against the No. 1 team in MLS – on their field, sell out crowd. Still frustrated, still disappointed that we didn’t manage those last few minutes.”
Hyndman said the team was prepared for an aggressive attack in the final minutes of the match, but that “we didn’t have the size to match them.”
However, the coach doesn’t fault the effort his players and said he couldn’t have asked for anything more.
Hyndman said he and the team ultimately share the same frustration – having a chance to control their playoff destiny and then having it slip away. FC Dallas remains just two points behind Vancouver for the final playoff spot.
But with a new week, it’s time to move forward.
“We all recognize that we can’t change that, so what we need to do now is be concentrating on the next three games,” Hyndman said.
Alan Gordon scores in 24' to make it 1-0 San Jose.
Blas Perez equalizes in 37' to make it 1-1.
Perez scores again to make it 2-1 FCD.
Steven Lenhart equalizes in 82 minute to make it 2-2.
Matt Hedges puts FCD up 3-2 in 88th minute.
Lenhart ties match in stoppage time, 3-3.