New York Red Bulls
Here are your match highlights from Friday's 0-0 draw between FC Dallas and the New York Red Bulls:
Tonight, FC Dallas takes the Toyota Stadium field for the last time until June 26th. That's exactly six weeks away! Don't miss our showdown against Eastern Conference high-flyers New York Red Bulls tonight at 8:00PM. Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've been thrilled to have our new TV show FC Dallas Extra Time on TXA21 as well as FC Dallas Live which will debut this coming Wednesday and scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue tonight will be the host of those two shows, long-time Dallas sports host Gina Miller. Don't miss that ceremony right around 7:30PM on the north concourse.
2. Tonight's presenting partner is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and they will be handing out rally towels to the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium so get there early to get your FCD rally towel.
3. Our graphic designer Olivia Brestal has crafted up a beautiful match poster(pictured to the left) for tonight's game and you can get yours in the FCD Team Store for just a few bucks!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Univision Deportes and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV or just tune in to Steve Davis' broadcast on 100.7FM at 8:00PM!
5. FCD's alpha dog forward Blas Perez will be displaying his talents again tonight and MLS Insider has a must-see feature on El Raton showing both his hero and villain side.
6. Don't forget to arrive early and take a shot at our first-annual Crossbar Challenge! You can win a chance to go down on the Toyota Stadium field after the game and even win FC Dallas season tickets! Follow the link for more information.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Our two-tone logo snapback hat is the official merchandise store special tonight and you can get yours for just $10, that's $15 off!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
Bonus: We have started a brand new in-stadium text program for those going to FC Dallas games. We'll update you on things going on around the stadium, merch specials, send you highlights and much more! Text match7 to 444-222 to subscribe for free.
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium after a weekend away on Sunday as they'll host the New York Red Bulls in a rare visit from the Gotham City club. Here's 10 things to know about Sunday's game:
1. You definitely don't want to miss our Cinco de Mayo celebration in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium tomorrow. Gates are opening 30 minutes early at 12:00PM and the party runs all the way until kickoff at 2:00PM with $1 tacos and $4 beer/mixed drinks.
2. The autograph schedule for tomorrow's party: Peter Luccin & George John from 12:30 - 1:00, Zach Loyd & Michel from 1:00 - 1:30.
3. As always, you don't want to miss our Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony and Sunday's one will be special as SMU head basketball coach and basketball hall of famer Larry Brown will have the honors on Sunday. The ceremony typically takes place a little more than 30 minutes before kickoff.
4. The New York Red Bulls bring a hot team to Toyota Stadium on Sunday and right now they're being led by a player other than one of their DP's. Read all about it.
5. Speaking of hot, it's going to be a toasty one on Sunday as summer rears its head for the first time this year. Bring some sunscreen and your sunglasses, but remember that umbrellas are not allowed inside Toyota Stadium.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. If you can't make Sunday's match, kickoff is set for 2:06PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. You can get caught up on everything #FCDvNY with our official MLSsoccer.com match preview.
10. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, beat the box office lines on matchday and secure yours here!
Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match for Sunday's game vs New York:
Sunday's game against New York Red Bulls is tracking to be another huge crowd at Toyota Stadium and we want to invite everyone to come out early for our Cinco de Mayo party in the El Jimador Cantina.
We're opening gates 30 minutes earlier than normal at noon and welcoming everyone to come grab lunch in the northwest terrace at Toyota Stadium where we'll be offering $1 tacos, $4 beers and $4 special mixed drinks to get everyone ready for our huge match against Thierry Henry, Tim Cahill and the Red Bulls.
One of the most popular new additions to Toyota Stadium in 2014, The LHK, will be DJ'ing while FCD players will hold autograph signings as well. Autograph schedule:
12:30 - 1:00: George John & Peter Luccin
1:00 - 1:30: Zach Loyd & Michel
Additionally, we have a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer this week as SMU basketball Head Coach and Basketball Hall of Famer Larry Brown will have the honors this Sunday.
We'll see everyone early on Sunday at Toyota Stadium as we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the El Jimador Cantina before FC Dallas takes on the New York Red Bulls in their only visit to Frisco this year.
The FC Dallas U-14 Pre Academy team coached by Francisco Molina claimed the U.S. Club National Premier Leagues Champions Cup in Waukegan, Ill. on July 31. A national tournament open to all of the regional premier league champions, FC Dallas U-14s advanced to the competition by winning the Texas Pre Academy League’s U-14 division with an undefeated record of 16-0-5.
The U-14s opened the tournament with a 2-0 win over South Carolina United Battery on Friday, July 27. Goals were scored by Weston McKennie, who scored 10 goals in the regular season, and leading scorer Christian Ramirez, who tallied 19 goals to lead the U-14s during the regular season.
The next day FC Dallas faced HBC Fusion of New York. Richard Tapia and Bernie ZuaZua scored in that game to give the U-14 side its second straight 2-0 win. The team's final group stage match was a must-win against the Chicago Fire. Ramirez came through in the match, putting away a cross from teammate Eric Davies to give FC Dallas a 1-0 win and a spot in the semifinals.
FCD met DMS of California in the semifinals on the morning of Monday, July 30. After 70 minutes of scoreless regulation time, the sides played two 10 minute overtime periods. The breakthrough came in the second overtime when Ramirez scored his third goal of the tournament off a ZuaZua corner kick to give FC Dallas a late 1-0 lead. Minutes later Delfino Garcia put a shot on goal that the DMS 'keeper deflected, but Tapia pounced on the rebound to put the game away with a 2-0 win.
FC Dallas faced the New York Red Bulls in the championship game on Tuesday, July 31. New York dominated large portions of the match, but the Dallas defense held strong to maintain a scoreless match through regulation. Early in the first overtime period, FC Dallas established possession and strung together a series of passes that ended with Jessi Najera playing a through ball to Tapia. Being chased by two Red Bulls defenders, Tapia didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a shot that beat the New York goalkeeper to give FCD the 1-0 lead in overtime. After some stellar defending in the dying minutes, FC Dallas won the match with yet another shutout to claim the championship.
After an undefeated season that started in Sptember of 2011, the U-14s won five games in five consecutive days without allowing a goal against and outscored their opponents 8-0 to win the national title.
Christian Ramirez - 3
Richard Tapia - 3
Bernie ZuaZua - 1
Weston McKennie - 1
The FC Dallas U-18 and U-16 Academy teams have qualified for the U.S. Soccer Develoment Academy Playoffs for the third straight year. The event will take place on the Complex at FC Dallas Stadium for the second year in a row, with games being played next Monday, June 25 through Friday, June 29.
The FC Dallas U-18s enter the playoffs as the top seed from the Texas Division, having clinched the title weeks ago thanks to an impressive season that saw them go 24-4-3 for 75 points overall. They were drawn into Group 5 along with Sockers FC of Illinois, Real Salt Lake AZ of Arizona, and McLean Youth Soccer of Virginia.
— U.S. Soccer YNT (@ussoccer_ynt) June 18, 2012
The U-16s qualified for this year's playoffs as the sixth seeded wildcard after finishing fourth in a competitive Texas Division. They were drawn into Group 1 and will face CASL Chelsea FC Academy of North Carolina, the New York Red Bulls and Georgia United.
— U.S. Soccer YNT (@ussoccer_ynt) June 18, 2012
At the end of each season the top two teams from each of the Academy's 10 divisions qualify for the playoffs along with 12 wildcard teams. The wildcard teams are determined by a points per games played average. At the end of the season, 64 teams (32 from each age group) make the playoffs.
The 32 teams in each age group are ranked based on overall points per game and placed into four pods. Teams are then drawn at random from the four pods into eight groups comprised of four teams each.
Each team plays three games during the playoffs, facing their group opponents once apiece. Upon the conclusion of the playoffs the winner of each group will advance to Finals Week, which will take place from July 16-23 in Houston.
Visit FCDallas.com later this week for an in-depth break down of all six FC Dallas opponents and check in throughout next week for full coverage of FC Dallas in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Playoffs.
Full match highlights of FCD's 2-1 win over New York.
Zach Loyd scores his second career goal to put FC Dallas up 1-0.
Blas Perez finds the loose ball to test Meara.
Ricardo Villar chips a shot over Meara to gain the 2-0 lead.
Kenny Cooper pulls one back for New York late.
FC Dallas and U.S. Men’s National team midfielder Brek Shea is giving away this original painting celebrating 2012 First Kick and his autographed game-worn boots from this Sunday's game.
The winner must be present at the March 11th game vs. New York Red Bulls here at FC Dallas Stadium where the winner will be announced at halftime. Shea will meet the prize winner in the WinStar River Club following the match to hand over the artwork and his boots.
Shea is running the contest through his Left Foot Studio website and to be eligible fans to follow him and the studio on Twitter to enter. The official entry form is here.