MLS Regular Season
MLSsoccer.com has released their MLS Team of the Week for week one and two FCD players, Fabian Castillo & Mauro Diaz, have made the starting XI after their fantastic offensive performances on Saturday night against Montreal.
Here's what they had to say:
MF: Mauro Díaz (FC Dallas) – After David Ferreira’s departure, there is no doubt whose team this is as he was the driving force behind FC Dallas’ attack with creativity and precision. Produced one of the goals of the week with his free kick in the 47th minute.
FW: Fabián Castillo (FC Dallas) – So dangerous down left side – he was at the forefront of every counter and the Impact had no answer for his speed.
Would you have included anyone else or did MLS get this one right?
Here's the best pictures from Saturday's big season-opening win over Montreal:
Our videographer, Aaron Griffin, has been putting out some amazing work lately and a new feature you're going to see on our YouTube page after home matches is "The Rewind," a quick look back at the best moments from each match at Toyota Stadium.
There were certainly some great ones in the 3-2 win over Montreal, so take a watch. You'll be ready for March 22 to be here tomorrow.
While putting together the first social media recap of season this afternoon, I ran across some simply awesome Instagram videos providing unique views of FCD goals, particularly Mauro's scorcher. I didn't want them to get lost in the many Tweets/Instagrams, so here they are. As always, tag your Instagrams & Tweets with #DTID to possibly get them included in our weekly social media recap!
Full match higlights: FC Dallas 3, Montreal Impact 2
The countdown is at 0 days! We've finally reached the big season opener at Toyota Stadium vs. Montreal Impact pres. by AdvoCare! Since there are just so many things going on in and around Toyota Stadium, we thought we'd compile a list of ten things you need to know both about tonight's game and the goings on around the stadium.
1. Get there early for our Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony! Former FC Dallas goalkeeper and new member of the Time Warner Cable Sports broadcast team, Kevin Hartman, will be our honorary scarfer tonight and the ceremony is set for 7:00PM sharp so get there early for the best spot!
2. We've got your pre-game meal covered! Grab a friend and stop by brand new MLS partner Chipotle who are offering BOGO at all DFW locations today only for anyone wearing FC Dallas gear!
3. If you don't feel like driving to the game tonight, we've got two different options for you! Take the FCD Express from one of four spots around Dallas County and you can grab a ticket + ride for $25 or a round trip ride for only $10. Also, Uber has partnered with FCD for this game to offer a FREE $30 credit for all first-time customers.
4. If you do drive to the game and you're lucky enough to have a Toyota, our stadium partners Toyota are offering FREE upgraded parking for all Toyota drivers in the Camry Gold lot, adjacent to the Dr. Pink field directly NW of the stadium. Parking, as always, is free for all attendees in our other lots around Toyota Stadium!
5. On the field, FC Dallas will be looking to win on opening night for the third straight year. Star forward Blas Perez is back for his third season with the club and is targeting big things in 2014 with no major international duty scheduled.
6. For our opponents, Montreal, some undisciplined actions in their 2013 playoff loss to Houston will result in some missing pieces for tonight's match. Star forward Marco Di Vaio, scorer of 20 goals last season, will be out on suspension and we discussed what that means in our Toyota Keys to the Match.
7. This season, our popular drumline, FC Drum, returns and they're doubled in size! Along with FC Drum, we're introducing a new group of DJs to Lamar's Tailgate in 2014, The LHK, as heard on 106.1 KISS FM. The LHK & FC Drum have worked together on a DJ/Drum mashup right after the scarfing ceremony on the north concourse that you're not going to want to miss!
8. Our brand new 2014 home jersey presented by AdvoCare will be on display in our newly-renovated team store in the northeast corner of the stadium and new to Toyota Stadium in 2014 is a completely new, second team store on the south end of the stadium. It's going to be a little bit chilly tonight so be sure to buy our 2014 March Scarf of the Month. Supplies are VERY limited!
9. Speaking of weather, our friends over at CBS 11 tell us that while it might be a little bit chilly, any rain in the forecast will be gone well before game time! You wouldn't miss out on the home opener because it's a little cold would you? That would be a very Houston thing to do.
10. We are Red for 90. We'll see you tonight! There are a few tickets left if you still need some.
MLSSoccer.com's Dan Haiek and Matt Doyle preview the home opener for FC Dallas vs. Montreal Impact in this week's edition of "The Scouting Report."
We're excited to show you a new feature coming to FCDallas.com & Toyota Stadium pre-game each week, our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
Each week, Scott Brown and I will break down the biggest keys to each match and we started this week with Montreal. We talk about the impact(no pun intended) of Di Vaio's absence, the importance of defensive cohesion and jumping on Montreal early.