MLS Regular Season
Full match higlights: FC Dallas 3, Montreal Impact 2
The countdown is at 0 days! We've finally reached the big season opener at Toyota Stadium vs. Montreal Impact pres. by AdvoCare! Since there are just so many things going on in and around Toyota Stadium, we thought we'd compile a list of ten things you need to know both about tonight's game and the goings on around the stadium.
1. Get there early for our Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony! Former FC Dallas goalkeeper and new member of the Time Warner Cable Sports broadcast team, Kevin Hartman, will be our honorary scarfer tonight and the ceremony is set for 7:00PM sharp so get there early for the best spot!
2. We've got your pre-game meal covered! Grab a friend and stop by brand new MLS partner Chipotle who are offering BOGO at all DFW locations today only for anyone wearing FC Dallas gear!
3. If you don't feel like driving to the game tonight, we've got two different options for you! Take the FCD Express from one of four spots around Dallas County and you can grab a ticket + ride for $25 or a round trip ride for only $10. Also, Uber has partnered with FCD for this game to offer a FREE $30 credit for all first-time customers.
4. If you do drive to the game and you're lucky enough to have a Toyota, our stadium partners Toyota are offering FREE upgraded parking for all Toyota drivers in the Camry Gold lot, adjacent to the Dr. Pink field directly NW of the stadium. Parking, as always, is free for all attendees in our other lots around Toyota Stadium!
5. On the field, FC Dallas will be looking to win on opening night for the third straight year. Star forward Blas Perez is back for his third season with the club and is targeting big things in 2014 with no major international duty scheduled.
6. For our opponents, Montreal, some undisciplined actions in their 2013 playoff loss to Houston will result in some missing pieces for tonight's match. Star forward Marco Di Vaio, scorer of 20 goals last season, will be out on suspension and we discussed what that means in our Toyota Keys to the Match.
7. This season, our popular drumline, FC Drum, returns and they're doubled in size! Along with FC Drum, we're introducing a new group of DJs to Lamar's Tailgate in 2014, The LHK, as heard on 106.1 KISS FM. The LHK & FC Drum have worked together on a DJ/Drum mashup right after the scarfing ceremony on the north concourse that you're not going to want to miss!
8. Our brand new 2014 home jersey presented by AdvoCare will be on display in our newly-renovated team store in the northeast corner of the stadium and new to Toyota Stadium in 2014 is a completely new, second team store on the south end of the stadium. It's going to be a little bit chilly tonight so be sure to buy our 2014 March Scarf of the Month. Supplies are VERY limited!
9. Speaking of weather, our friends over at CBS 11 tell us that while it might be a little bit chilly, any rain in the forecast will be gone well before game time! You wouldn't miss out on the home opener because it's a little cold would you? That would be a very Houston thing to do.
10. We are Red for 90. We'll see you tonight! There are a few tickets left if you still need some.
MLSSoccer.com's Dan Haiek and Matt Doyle preview the home opener for FC Dallas vs. Montreal Impact in this week's edition of "The Scouting Report."
We're excited to show you a new feature coming to FCDallas.com & Toyota Stadium pre-game each week, our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
Each week, Scott Brown and I will break down the biggest keys to each match and we started this week with Montreal. We talk about the impact(no pun intended) of Di Vaio's absence, the importance of defensive cohesion and jumping on Montreal early.
A new video element you'll see on FCDallas.com and our YouTube page this year will be quick hit video bites previewing the upcoming match with FCD players.
Our first quick hits segement comes from new team captain Andrew Jacobson looking ahead to tomorrow's big match vs Montreal.
You know the season is here when Drew Epperley's "Know Your Enemy" pieces are back on Friday before matchdays. Today, Drew takes a look at the Montreal Impact who have a new coach in Frank Klopas and a new, but familiar name in Heath Pearce.
Along with the new and exciting young players added to the roster in 2014, FCD is adding a number of new and fun features to our game presentation at Toyota Stadium this season and one of those will be well-known local DJ's The LHK.
Some of the best-known DJ's in DFW, The LHK's "Club Kiss" sets can be heard nightly on 106.1 KISS FM as well as their three-hour show on Saturday nights. At every home game in 2014, DJ's Spin, IvyTron and Inzo's creative and interactive sets will be a staple of Lamar's Tailgate starting 90 minutes before kickoff when the gates open at Toyota Stadium. The LHK will also be DJ'ing our Friday night happy hour at Burger Girl Grill as part of FCD Week.
The LHK are huge FC Dallas fans so don't miss their big opening night set when all three members of The LHK will be at Lamar's Tailgate!
The 2014 preseason has officially kicked off, and H&R Block wants to get your ready for the new season by giving you the chance to win a trip to Houston to watch FC Dallas take on the Dynamo on Saturday, April 5 and meet All-Star goalkeeper Raul Fernandez. The Sweepstakes runs from now through Saturday, March 15. All you have to do is visit one of the participating H&R Block locations listed below for your chance to win!
Participating H&R Block locations:
2425 Cockrell Hill Rd. Suite E
Dallas, TX 75211
9751 Webb Chapel Suite 600
Dallas, TX 75220
1532 South First St.
Garland, TX 75040
819 W. Arapaho Rd. Suite 22
Richardson, TX 75080
1012 W. University Dr.
508 South Elm St.
Denton, TX 76201
1455 Buckingham Rd. Suite 164
Richardson, TX 75081
724 W. Main St. Suite 370
Lewisville, TX 75067
3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy.
Grapevine, TX 76051
1025 W. Hebron Pkwy. Suite 110
Carrollton, TX 75010
13920 Josey Ln. Suite 100
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
It's the final day of 2013 so we thought we'd test your memory on the 2013 FC Dallas season. Take the quiz and let us know how you did!