MLS Regular Season
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night for the final home match before we kick off the 2014 FIFA World Cup and we're getting ready for the world's biggest sporting event in style.
Gates open at a special 4:30PM time for Saturday's game as we'll be showing the USA's final World Cup sendoff match against Nigeria kicking off at 5:00PM on a portable jumbotron on the north concourse as well as offering $1 tacos(while supplies last) and $4 beer in the El Jimador Cantina until 6:30PM before transitioning straight from the USMNT into FCD's big match against Colorado at 7:30 on the Toyota Stadium pitch.
If you haven't got your ticket yet for Saturday's match, secure yours right here.
We'll see you out here Saturday night as we celebrate both club and country with FC Dallas taking on Colorado in the final home MLS match before July 4 and watch the USA take on Nigeria in the final tuneup before heading down to Brazil.
Matt Hedges has started every match and played every minute of the season for FC Dallas this year, but he hasn't made a save like the one he did on Saturday. After some magic from Earthquakes attacker Yannick Djalo, San Jose's Steven Lenhart headed a looping ball over Chris Seitz that looked destined for the back of the net, but Hedges was the man on the spot to clear away a certain goal.
Hedges' clearance is up for MLSsoccer.com Save of the Week so head over there and vote Hedges!
WATCH: SOTW Week 13
Here's your match highlights from FCD's 2-1 loss to San Jose:
FC Dallas is back home for the next two matches and it all starts on Saturday against the San Jose Earthquakes. Here's the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium:
1. Gates open super early at 4:30PM for this one as we'll be hosting the Dallas Soccer Heritage Tribute Match featuring former players from the Dallas Tornado, Dallas Sidekicks, Dallas Burn & FC Dallas. Admission is free (with a ticket to the FC Dallas vs. San Jose match) so come on out and watch some of the past stars of Dallas soccer!
2. Get to your seat by 7:15 as we'll be recognizing the Ivory Coast National Team in a special on-field ceremony with their players. Ivory Coast will play El Salvador at Toyota Stadium on Wednesday night!
3. If you do arrive early, stop by the MoneyGram Nations Cup taking place all day on fields 9-14. If you Tweet from the tournament, you can win an FCD jersey or an FCD prize pack with a Raul Fernandez signed mini-ball.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Saturday's match is a family affair for Adam Moffat. He's married to the sister of San Jose Earthquakes forward Steven Lenhart.
6. Saturday's Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony will be done by former 1967/1968 Dallas Tornado member John Stewart.
7. If you can't make Saturday's match, kickoff is set for 7:30PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. FCD battles San Jose for the second time in three weeks on Saturday night. They fell in a heartbraking 2-1 loss at Buck Shaw Stadium in a match where Dallas outshot San Jose by nearly 3-1 margin. Read all about the Earthquakes with our Know Your Enemy feature.
9. Weather is looking great for Saturday night with temperatures in the low 80's and only a very slight chance of a quick shower.
10. We've got just a few of our May Scarf of the Month left in the FCD Team Stores and they'll be $10 off at Saturday's game!
There you have it! If you haven't secured your tickets yet, beat the box office lines and get those right here and we'll see you on Saturday night!
FCD plays the San Jose Earthquakes this Saturday. Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match:
Matt Hedges is having his best season yet having started in all 14 games of the season and his efforts in Saturday night's match earned him a spot in the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 11.
MLSsoccer.com had this to say about his performance: "Hedges helped disrupt RSL in the box by not allowing them to flood the area with runs. He also kept his concentration for the full 90 minutes to help Dallas earn their first shutout of the season in their draw on Saturday night."
In addition, Tesho Akindele has played in six games this season, started both games last week and even scored his first goal of his professional career on Wednesday in LA vs. the Galaxy. Akindele found his way onto the Castrol Index for Week 11
|1||Landon Donovan||Midfielder||LA Galaxy||82||1832||Philadelphia Union|
|2||Robbie Keane||Forward||LA Galaxy||90||1629||Philadelphia Union|
|3||Will Bruin||Forward||Houston Dynamo||90||1417||San Jose Earthquakes|
|4||Jeff Attinella||Goalkeeper||Real Salt Lake||90||1363||FC Dallas|
|5||Steve Clark||Goalkeeper||Columbus Crew||90||1181||Chicago Fire|
|6||Jon Busch||Goalkeeper||San Jose Earthquakes||90||1165||Houston Dynamo|
|7||Atiba Harris||Forward||San Jose Earthquakes||90||1128||Houston Dynamo|
|8||Bill Hamid||Goalkeeper||D.C. United||90||1078||Houston Dynamo|
|9||Leonardo||Defender||LA Galaxy||90||1072||Philadelphia Union|
|10||Patrick Mullins||Forward||New England Revolution||90||973||D.C. United|
|11||Tesho Akindele||Forward||FC Dallas||80||934||LA Galaxy|
|12||Paulo Nagamura||Midfielder||Sporting Kansas City||90||914||Toronto FC|
|13||Donovan Ricketts||Goalkeeper||Portland Timbers||90||912||New York Red Bulls|
|14||Thierry Henry||Forward||New York Red Bulls||90||907||Portland Timbers|
|15||Robbie Keane||Forward||LA Galaxy||90||887||FC Dallas|
|16||Bobby Shuttleworth||Goalkeeper||New England Revolution||90||870||D.C. United|
|17||Bradley Orr||Defender||Toronto FC||90||864||Sporting Kansas City|
|18||Diego Fagundez||Midfielder||New England Revolution||87||857||D.C. United|
|19||Maximiliano Urruti||Forward||Portland Timbers||83||857||New York Red Bulls|
|20||Gyasi Zardes||Forward||LA Galaxy||90||855||FC Dallas|
We're still a few weeks away from the big tournament in Brazil, but a mini-World Cup comes to Toyota Soccer Center this weekend with the third-annual MoneyGram Nations Cup.
The MoneyGram Nations Cup was organized in 2012 to promote outreach and unity in the local DFW community through the game of soccer and in 2014 we will celebrate the third year of the tournament. 16 teams have been drawn into four groups in a World Cup-style tournament that will determine the 2014 MoneyGram Nations Cup champion.
All group stage games will take place on Saturday, May 31st throughout the day leading up to the FC Dallas vs. San Jose game, and the knockout round semi-finals and finals will be on Sunday, June 1.
Admission is free to all games and we encourage all FC Dallas fans to come out early on Saturday afternoon to take in a little bit of the soccer carnival atmosphere! There will be plenty of fun for the kids with face painting, balloon artist and a soccer-shaped bounce house as well as pizza from Cici's sno-cones and other treats!
On Field 10, the Ultimate Soccer Experience will be set up with different interactive stations including soccer bowling, soccer basketball and a 1-on-1 competition while an EA Sports FIFA 14 station offers the chance to win bragging rights over your friends.
In addition, everyone who attends the MoneyGram Nations Cup will have the opportunity to win a brand new 2014 FC Dallas jersey by Tweeting your most creative photo from the 2014 Nations Cup using #NationsCup14 and here at FCDallas.com we have a special contest where you can win an FCD prize pack featuring a Raul Fernandez signed ball!