MLS Regular Season
Scott and Daniel break down the three keys to Saturday's game in Colorado:
With a 2-1 come-from-behind win, FC Dallas assured the playoffs are back for the first time since 2011 and two players have been named to the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 32.
Defender Matt Hedges earned his team-leading fifth nomination of the season while Andres Escobar earned his second nomination of 2014 after playing a huge part in both goals. In all, FCD has has 13 players named to the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week this season.
Here's what MLS had to say about their performances:
M: Andres Escobar (FC Dallas) – The Colombian winger enjoyed a superb evening in a crucial match for FC Dallas, and he couldn't have picked a better night for a coming out party. Influential on both goals in FCD's 2-0 victory over the Galaxy.
The best shots from Sunday's big win from Erik Davila, Olivia Brestal & USA Today Sports Images:
Hear from head coach Oscar Pareja, forward David Texeira and defender Zach Loyd after FCD's 2-1 playoff-clinching win against the LA Galaxy.
FC Dallas clinched a spot in the 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs with a dramatic 2-1 win over the LA Galaxy. FC Dallas fell behind in the first half, thanks to a cheeky chip by LA midfielder Stefan Ishizaki.
First half highlights
But FCD battled back in the second half, with a powerful equalizer from David Texeira and a late match-winner by Fabian Castillo to complete the comeback.
Second half highlights
After nearly three weeks, FC Dallas is finally back home on Sunday as we host th eLA Galaxy in one of the biggest regular season games at Toyota Stadium in quite some time. Here are 10 things to know about Sunday's big match:
1. Sunday's match is set for a 6:00PM kickoff and is presented by WinStar World Casino & Resorts. You'll definitely want to head to Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse to check out their huge tent with lots of great giveaways.
2. Speaking of Lamar's Tailgate, we're excited to have team captain Maylee Johnson and the Trinidad & Tobago Women's National Team as our honorary LH Statue scarfer right around 5:30pm.
3. You're going to want to head over to the east parking lot of the stadium before heading inside Toyota Stadium on Sunday as the Budweiser Brewmaster Tour will be outside. There's free beer. Do I need to say more?
4. There is a TON on the line as FC Dallas clinches a 2014 MLS Cup Playoff spot with a win while the LA Galaxy can move to the top of MLS with at least a draw. Check out the full MLS standings to see just how big this late-season showdown is.
5. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink fieldf
6. This will be Landon Donovan's final MLS regular season match at Toyota Stadium so be in your seat early tonight as we'll have a special presentation before kickoff.
7. The forecast for Sunday's match is pretty much perfect. A high of 80 is expected for this one with temperatures probably right around 75 at kickoff. No rain is expected until well after midnight.
9. If you're one of the poor souls who can't make it out to the game, Sunday's match will be live nationally on ESPN2 with a 6:10PM kickoff. Additionally, the game will be on 100.7FM(English) & 1270AM(Spanish)
10. Limited tickets are still available for the match and you can grab yours here.
Hear from Kellyn Acosta, Matt Hedges & Oscar Pareja on #FCDvLA with FCDTV's Quick Kicks:
Here's your Keys to the Match pres. by Toyota with Scott & Daniel breaking down Sunday's game:
All you Chipotle fanatics in Dallas rejoice! Join us at Chipotle at Preston & Warren in Frisco on Thursday, Oct. 9th from 3:00 - 4:30PM as two of our Homegrown stars, Victor Ulloa & Moises Hernandez, will be signing autographs, taking pictures and even rolling a burrito or two.
Come get your Chipotle fix on Thursday afternoon with Vic, Mo & FCD!
What a wild and wacky weekend it was in Major League Soccer as RSL fell at Chivas USA while LA and Seattle rolled on. Here's a look at the playoff picture with just three weeks left:
1. Seattle Sounders FC
60 points(+14 GD) - 3 games remaining - Last match: 4-1 win at Colorado - Next match: 1/10 vs Vancouver - Last 5: W-W-L-L-W
The Sounders won their second straight, throttling a hapless Colorado Rapids team that hasn't won in quite a long time. Seattle ends the season with three toughies, starting with Vancouver this weekend and two games against Los Angeles.
2. LA Galaxy
60 points(+35 GD) - 3 games remaining - Last match: 3-0 win vs Toronto FC - Next match: 10/12 at FC Dallas - Last 5: W-W-W-D-D
Los Angeles rolled along again last weekend beating Toronto FC handily at the StubHub Center. There's no doubt the Galaxy are incredibly formidable at home, but they'll have two tough road tests to end the year with FCD and Seattle. They'll play this weekend at FCD without at least Robbie Keane and Marcelo Sarvas while Omar Gonzalez is also a question mark.
3. Real Salt Lake
49 points(+11 GD) - 3 games remaining - Last match: 1-0 loss at Chivas USA - Next match: 10/11 vs San Jose - Last 5: L-L-W-L-W
Is it time to panic in Sandy, Utah? A shock 1-0 loss at Chivas USA has Jeff Cassar's side on a bit of a dip. A win against Chivas would've propeled RSL into an almost insurmountable lead for the 3rd place spot, but now things are wide open especially considering RSL will be missing five players on international duty this week.
4. FC Dallas
48 points(+10 GD) - 3 games remaining - Last match: 2-0 loss at Vancouver Whitecaps - Next match: 10/12 vs Los Angeles - Last 5: L-W-L-W-L
It wasn't a good weekend for Dallas who not only lost by a two-goal margin for just the second time this season, but saw Portland come back to win in San Jose nixing any playoff clinching hopes. However, the last three games are all manageable for Dallas with two home games and a road game at Colorado. Three wins could see Dallas jump into third place. They'll clinch with a Portland loss on Wednesday or a win on Sunday against Los Angeles.
5. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
43 points(+0 GD) - 3 games remaining - Last match: 2-0 win vs FCD - Next match: 10/10 at Seattle - Last 5: W-W-L-L-W
Another HUGE home win for Vancouver against FCD to keep pace for the fifth and final playoff spot, but the Whitecaps aren't even remotely out of the woods. Two road games out of three remaining for Vancouver who has been poor on the road this season. Still, they're in with a shot.
6. Portland Timbers FC
42 points(+4 GD) - 3 games remaining - Last match: 2-1 win at San Jose - Next match: 10/8 vs San Jose - Last 5: W-L-W-D-D
A gift from the heavens brought Portland back from the brink of elimination, coming from 1-0 down to win 2-1 at San Jose. They'll face the Quakes again tonight and desperately need to put their home woes behind themselves with a win as their last two matches are against RSL and FCD.
FCD PLAYOFF SCENARIOS:
FC Dallas will clinch a 2014 MLS Cup Playoff Spot if:
-Portland loses to San Jose on Wednesday
-FC Dallas defeats LA Galaxy on Sunday
-Portland ties San Jose on Wednesday & FC Dallas ties or defeats LA Galaxy on Sunday
FC Dallas will clinch at least fourth place and a home playoff game if:
Vancouver loses or draws at Seattle on Friday and FC Dallas wins or draws against LA Galaxy
IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY:
If there were no games left and we were looking forward to the start of the playoffs, here are the current matchups:
WILD CARD GAME
Vancouver Whitecaps FC at FC Dallas
WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS
Seattle Sounders FC vs FC Dallas/Vancouver Whitecaps FC
LA Galaxy vs Real Salt Lake