Chris Seitz has been nominated for MLS Save of the Week for his 82nd minute penalty kick save on Oscar Boniek Garcia.
Seitz's save was the cherry on top of the 4-1 Texas Derby win and Chris has been huge for FC Dallas all year. Seitz is now 10-3-3 in MLS/USOC dating back to the start of 2013 with a very respectable 1.25 goals against average.
Show your love for his early-season form and vote Seitzy for Save of the Week!
WATCH: SOTW Week 5
It's no secret that the Houston Dynamo dominated the early years of the Texas Derby with a team that won MLS Cup in both 2006 and 2007, but Saturday's emphatic 4-1 FC Dallas win was the exclamation point on tides within the state that have been shifting in recent years. Here are a few interesting stats behind FCD's win on Saturday night:
- Saturday's 4-1 FC Dallas victory was the largest for FCD in the regular season Texas Derby history(Houston defeated FCD by three goals in 2007) while the four goals scored is the most FCD has put past the Dynamo in a match.
- Saturday was the first time FCD has beaten Houston in back-to-back games in MLS play.
- The 4-1 win was FCD's first at BBVA Compass Stadium and marked the first time a Western Conference team has won at the Houston stadium.
- FC Dallas is 5-2-2 against their Texas rivals in MLS/USOC since 2009.
- Je-Vaughn Watson became the fourth player in series history to score twice in one Texas Derby game along with Kenny Cooper, Dwayne De Rosario and Cam Weaver.
- Mauro Diaz became the first FC Dallas player to score two assists in one Texas Derby match. Only Brad Davis has achieved the same feat for Houston.
Recently on one weekday morning, Bubble Soccer USA and FOX4 stopped by Toyota Stadium with the invitation for anyone in the office who was free to come down and play some bubble soccer(tough life, I know). I couldn't pass up the opportunity and we played about an hour of the new craze.
I will echo the comments in the video that it is one of the toughest workouts out there. While getting hit surprisingly doesn't hurt at all, you will wake up the next morning very sore as you work pretty much every muscle in your body trying to play soccer while holding up a relatively heavy balloon while constantly watching your periphery to make sure you don't get destroyed.
I highly recommend bubble soccer to anyone who has a chance to play. Here's Richard Ray's report:
Here are your match photos from Saturday's thrilling win over Houston:
Here's all the highlights from FCD's huge 4-1 Texas Derby win over Houston:
Hear from Chris Seitz, Zach Loyd & Oscar Pareja on Saturday's Texas Derby in this week's Quick Kicks:
Here's the parking information you need if you're planning on joining our FCD supporters in a caravan down I-45 tomorrow to support the boys:
FC Dallas supporters are to meet Houston Dynamo, BBVA Compass Stadium, and MLS representatives at 6:00 PM at the corner of Prairie St and Bastrop St to the north of BBVA Compass Stadium. Parking lots at the two locations indicated on the map will be available for cash parking.
It's time to start getting serious about Saturday's game in Houston. We get things started by breaking down the Toyota Keys to the Match for Saturday's Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk:
We're just two days away from the 2014 installment of the Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk and for today's #ThrowbackThursday, let's take a look back at some of our old #CrushTheOrange videos(You can watch this year's two #CrushTheOrange videos on our YouTube page):
4-4-2 Orange Obliteration System feat. Stephen Keel & George John
FC Dallas wants El Capitan back