Mauro "The Magician" Diaz just keeps blowing our minds on a weekly basis so far in 2014 and if you're a Mauro fan out there looking for a season ticket package, we've got the one for your.
Our Mauro "10 for 10" package includes 10 of the remaining 14 MLS home games games at Toyota Stadium including games against the LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders FC and Toronto FC as well as one autographed Mauro Diaz replica jersey per account!
This $600 value starts at just $350 and you can call 888-FCD-GOAL to order yours today or follow this link.
We got dozens of GREAT submissions for our Toyota #LetsGoPlaces social media contest and we'd like to wish congratulations to Skyler Thiot AKA @TweetsOfTexas who has won our contest for this Tweet before Saturday's game:
— Skyler Thiot (@TweetsOfTexas) March 29, 2014
As always, thanks to everyone for your submissions!
You may have been wondering why FC Dallas players were wearing black armbands and, if you watched any other games around the league last weekend, why all MLS players were wearing them.
It was a league-wide initiative where players wore armbands with #Kuykenstrong on them in memory of Shawn Kuykendall, a former MLS player who died of a rare form of cancer earlier this year.
For more information on Shawn and how to support the Kuykenstrong Foundation, visit www.Kuykenstrong.com.
Segment 1: The buildup to Wednesday's USA v Mexico friendly is all about Bayern Munich teenager Julian Green, who will be making his debut under Jurgen Klinsmann after committing his international future to the United States -- over Germany -- earlier this year.
Segment 2: ESPN's Alejandro Moreno, former J.J. Pearce HS and Dallas Texans star, returns to the show to assess the Mexico side of things as part of our preview before heading to the desert himself to join Ian Darke and Taylor Twellman in a three-man booth that will call the match in Phoenix.
Segment 3: Former U.S. Olympic captain Brian Dunseth, now an accomplished broadcaster, reunites with the boys to give Dunny his chance to weigh in on Julian Green, David Beckham's latest stadium pronouncements in Miami and other pertinent USMNT/MLS matters.
Segment 4: A World Cup staged exclusively in Texas? Steve and Stein, taking their cues from a Reddit campaign pushing the idea, consider the feasibility of this fantasy actually happening.
Multimedia Manager Aaron Griffin brings you The Final Word from tonight's big win:
Another home game. Another win. Another master class from Mauro. Here's your match highlights:
It's just about time for home game #3 at Toyota Stadium this season and so far we've seen two thrilling wins netting FCD six points and six goals. Saturday's game against Portland should be another thriller and here's the ten things you need to know before heading out to Toyota Stadium:
1. For all those Toyota drivers out there, show us how you go to tomorrow's game and you could win VIP suite tix and a free weekend rental of a Toyota!
2. We've extended our very popular college night promotion to tomorrow night! That means all college students with valid ID can score an endline ticket for just $10 at the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow night while supplies last.
3. As always, arrive early to Toyota Stadium as this week's honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be none other than team captain Andrew Jacobson! AJ will be scarfing the statue just before 7:00PM so get there early and cheer on our team captain.
4. In addition, AJ will be signing autographs tomorrow AFTER the game in the El Jimador Cantina located in the northwest terrace of the stadium. You're going to want to check out this new Toyota Stadium spot before and after every game!
5. Another reason to get there early, the first 5,000 fans will receive a free clapper courtesy of Saturday's presenting match partner, Toyota.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against Portland. The Timbers have struggled early in the season without a win in their first three games, but their midfield trio should give Dallas a very tough test on Saturday. Drew Epperley scouts Portland in his weekly "Know Your Enemy" piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. We've earned some nice weather after a couple cold games to start the season and we'll get it tomorrow night! The forecast calls for sunny and 75 degrees which means we could get a huge walkup crowd - yet another reason to arrive early to avoid the lines!
9. Kickoff is set for 7:30PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. FCD is in first place and undefeated with the highest-scoring offense in the league through three games. You don't want to miss tomorrow night's game. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, click here to secure yours!
Here's your Quick Kicks for this week talking to Oscar, Kellyn & Je-Vaughn about this weekend's tough matchup against the Portland Timbers:
By Mohammad Bushnaq
In the next edition of our series, we take a look back at 2013 to see how the Hoops fared against the Timbers across all competitions from last season. FC Dallas struggled to find their footing against a very good Portland team, accumulating a total record of 0-3-1 in four games last season.
Game 1 - May 8, 2013 - FC Dallas 1, Portland Timbers FC 1: On a Wednesday night in Frisco, undefeated FC Dallas tried to keep their home record perfect against Portland, also undefeated on the young season. The Timbers struck first through a Darlington Nagbe volley in the 70th minute. FC Dallas earned the equalizer seven minutes later after Andrew Jean-Baptiste pulled Blas Perez down in the penalty area. Kenny Cooper buried the penalty kick, but FC Dallas was unable to find a late winner in front of the FCD faithful. The final score on the night was a 1-1 draw.
Game 2 - June 15, 2013 - FC Dallas 0 Portland Timbers FC 1: FC Dallas went in to (newly renamed) Providence Park for the rematch a month later. Raul Fernandez was the star of the day, making seven saves in an effort to keep the Hoops in the match. His scrambling save on Diego Chara was one of his best of the season. Unfortunately, it was not enough as Fernandez was beaten by an unstoppable shot from Portland midfielder Darlington Nagbe in the 52nd minute. FC Dallas was not able to break through the Portland defense, conceding a 1-0 defeat on the road.
USOC HIGHLIGHTS: FCD 2, PTFC 3
Game 3 - June 26, 2013 - FC Dallas 2 Portland Timbers FC 3: In front of the home crowd on a Wednesday evening in Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Quarterfinal action. FC Dallas raced out to a quick 1-0 lead on a sweet strike from your favorite Jamaican, Je-Vaughn Watson, in the 15th minute. Portland responded with three unanswered goals in the second half with Darlington Nagbe scoring a beautiful individual effort. Nagbe then proceeded to set up Diego Valeri on a breakaway to give his team the 2-1 lead. A bad back pass from then-rookie Walker Zimmerman cost FC Dallas dearly as Piquionne rounded Seitz for the 3rd goal of the game. Blas Perez received a gift from Donovan Ricketts to get FCD their 2nd goal of the game and set the stage for a furious rally in which David Ferreira hit the post on what was basically the final kick of the match, but it was not enough. The final score in Frisco was 3-2 in favor of the Timbers and Dallas was eliminated from the US Open Cup.
Game 4 - August 17, 2013 - FC Dallas 1 Portland Timbers FC 2: The final meeting of the season against the Portland Timbers was not a pleasant trip to the Pacific Northwest for FC Dallas. Darlington Nagbe scored the game winner, his fourth goal of the season against FC Dallas to lead his team to a 2-1 victory at home. Portland was first to get on the scoreboard, with Valeri sending Ryan Johnson in to beat Raul Fernandez. FC Dallas quickly responded with a beautiful passing sequence that led to Mauro "The Magician" Diaz scoring his first goal as an FC Dallas player. Unfortunately, Darlington Nagbe continued to play well against the Hoops by smashing one past Raul Fernandez. All three goals were scored in a span of seven minutes in the first half. Nagbe's goal sent FC Dallas home with an 11 game winless streak with a 2-1 loss against the Timbers.