First goal. First AT&T Goal of the Week nomination.
Ryan Hollingshead's second-half strike has been nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week and you know what to do! .
Vote Ryan Hollingshead for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 3
By Demetrio Teniente
FC Dallas Academy is in the home stretch of the 2014-15 season and finished the weekend with a handful of wins. Here is a quick round-up of the results.
FC Dallas U-18: 5
San Antonio: 0
Make it four straight for the U-18s as a 5-0 win over San Antonio caps off a perfect March for FC Dallas. Christian Ramirez got thing going with a goal in the second minute. Irvin Dominguez, Oscar Romero, Jose Ruiz, and Martin Salas rounded off the scoring.
FC Dallas U-16: 9
San Antonio: 0
Afetr defeating San Antonio 9-0, the U-16s have now won eight straight. Devin Vega opened scoring in the sixth minute, and then notched the second goal of the match in the 27th. Toshiki Yasuda scored the next two goals making it 4-0 in the 37th minute. Giovanni Montesdecoda, Juan Ramirez, and Weston McKennie each found the back of the net to put FCD up 7-0. Duncan James’ two goals rounded out the scoring.
FC Dallas U-15: 2
Dallas Texans: 0
Paxton Pomykal & Alonso Molina each found the back of the net in the win. (Result from Wednesday)
FC Dallas U-13: 3
Dallas Texans: 1
Nathan Toledo, Bryan Reynolds, Luis Pacheco each scored a goal. (Result from Wednesday)
FC Dallas U-15: 5
San Antonio: 1
Carlos Garcia and Javier Barajas each scored twice while Paxton Pomykal added another (his second of the week).
FC Dallas U-14: 5
San Antonio: 1
Jesus Ferreira added two goals and David Ortiz, Jalen James, Imanol Almaguer each added one in the blow-out win.
FC Dallas U-13: 6
San Antonio: 1
Luis Hernandez, Malik Henry-Scott, Johan Gomez, Benny Redzic, Nathan Hayes, Dante Sealy each tallied a goal in the U-13s 10th win of the season.
Here are all the best photos from FCD's 2-0 win at Philadelphia last weekend:
The FC Dallas ECNL Program will have a fun and unique pair of games next week as they'll scrimmage the Japan U-15 Girls National Team at the Toyota Soccer Center.
Admission is free and you'll have two chances to catch games.
FC Dallas ECNL vs Japan U-15 WNT - Tuesday, March 24 7:00PM Field 14
FC Dallas ECNL vs Japan U-15 WNT - Wednesday, March 25 7:00PM Field 14
Can FC Dallas stay perfect in MLS in the first road match of the season at Philadelphia? We break it all down in the Keys to the Match presented by Toyota.
You won't see a better counterattacking goal than this one.
Up 2-1 in the second half of Saturday's match against Sporting Kansas City, it took just eight seconds for FCD to win the ball back in their own half and deposit it in the Kansas City goal. Michel -> Hollingshead -> Castillo. Goal.
Vote Fabian Castillo for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 2
When you play as well as Dallas has, people take notice and FC Dallas has jumped to the top spot in the Week 2 ESPN MLS Power Rankings.
Tough defense and killer play in transition continues to be a winning formula for Dallas, in this case against Kansas City. Blas Perez celebrated his birthday in style, scoring two goals. If Mauro Diaz can regain his magic from a year ago, look out.
Jason Davis of ESPN also had this to say about FCD while listing Zach Loyd and Blas Perez in his team of the week.
It's early, really early, but the best team thus far in the Western Conference isn't the LA Galaxy or the Seattle Sounders...it's FC Dallas.
It is really early, but this team sure is a lot of fun isn't it?
When: March 14th
Where: Toyota Stadium
Event title: FC Dallas vs. Sporting Kansas City
Summary: The Mobile Marketing Tour visited the pregame festivities of the March 14th FC Dallas 3-1 victory over Sporting Kansas City from 6 pm – 7:30 pm. At the second home game of the year, a large turnout of fans enthusiastically participated in spinning the prize wheel and shooting on the goal to receive prizes such as Toyota jump ropes, FC Dallas key chains, McDonald’s rally towels, and Texas Health Associates sunscreen. Stationed in the Northeast Corner of the Stadium near the Lamar Hunt statue, the location was optimal to have as much visibility for sponsors as possible as fans came in and found their seats.
Full match highlights from FC Dallas' 3-1 win over Sporting Kansas City, featuring a goal by Fabian Castillo, a brace by Blas Perez and a PK save by Chris Seitz.
FC Dallas looks to go 2-0-0 on the young season as they host Sporting Kansas City at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night. Here are the 10 things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for the Western Conference matchup:
1. We have another special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer as US Women's National Team forward Sydney Leroux has the honors. Be sure to get there early and join us at Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse a little before 7:00PM for the ceremony!
2. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Daniel Robertson on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
3. In their last 12 games in MLS regular season and playoffs, FC Dallas is an astounding 10-1-1 at home. FCD has not beaten Sporting KC at home since 2010 and the teams will be playing their first match as conference foes since 2004 with SKC moving back to the west this year.
4. After a washout on Friday, the weather is set to clear up on Saturday with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid to high 60s.
5. All the FCD gear you need is in the team store with locations all over Toyota Stadium in the north end, south end, east side and west side as well as the new store in the northwest corner of the stadium. Be sure to pick up one of our March 14th exclusive match posters for Saturday's game(click picture to enlarge).
6. We got a taste of it last week as new signing Michael Barrios produced two fantastic scoring opportunities and drew a yellow card on a defender in just 15 minutes of action. FCD is eager to see more of the young Colombian.
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. For Sporting Kansas City, the defense will have to step up on Saturday with US Men's National Team defender Matt Besler unavailable due to a red card last week, but they still have 22-goal scorer Dom Dwyer. Check out our opponent in Know Your Enemy.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $19. See you at Toyota Stadium!