FC Dallas looks to go 2-0-0 on the young season as they host Sporting Kansas City at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night. Here are the 10 things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for the Western Conference matchup:
1. We have another special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer as US Women's National Team forward Sydney Leroux has the honors. Be sure to get there early and join us at Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse a little before 7:00PM for the ceremony!
2. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Daniel Robertson on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
3. In their last 12 games in MLS regular season and playoffs, FC Dallas is an astounding 10-1-1 at home. FCD has not beaten Sporting KC at home since 2010 and the teams will be playing their first match as conference foes since 2004 with SKC moving back to the west this year.
4. After a washout on Friday, the weather is set to clear up on Saturday with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid to high 60s.
5. All the FCD gear you need is in the team store with locations all over Toyota Stadium in the north end, south end, east side and west side as well as the new store in the northwest corner of the stadium. Be sure to pick up one of our March 14th exclusive match posters for Saturday's game(click picture to enlarge).
6. We got a taste of it last week as new signing Michael Barrios produced two fantastic scoring opportunities and drew a yellow card on a defender in just 15 minutes of action. FCD is eager to see more of the young Colombian.
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. For Sporting Kansas City, the defense will have to step up on Saturday with US Men's National Team defender Matt Besler unavailable due to a red card last week, but they still have 22-goal scorer Dom Dwyer. Check out our opponent in Know Your Enemy.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $19. See you at Toyota Stadium!
One of the biggest annual Dallas events is Saturday in Lower Greenville as the Dallas Observer hosts the St. Patricks Day concert featuring Josh Abbott Band and FC Dallas will be there!
We're hosting the FC Dallas Gaming Garden from 12:00 - 3:00PM with FIFA15 on the XBOX One, corn hole, giant Jenga, ladder ball and perhaps a couple other games more geared towards the St. Patricks Day crowd.
We'll have an FC Dallas team-signed scarf to give away as well as sunglasses and drawstring bags, all for free. Also, if you're coming from up north, be sure to hop on the DART because let's face it, you don't want to deal with parking in Lower Greenville.
Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Gaming Garden at the Dallas Observer St. Patrick's Day concert before you head to Toyota Stadium for Saturday night's big match vs Sporting KC!
FC Dallas looks to go 2-0 on Saturday night when they host Sporting Kansas City at Toyota Stadium. Get ready for kickoff with our Keys to the Match presented by Toyota. Unfortunately, the FINAL Keys to the Match for Scott Brown as he rides off into the sunset.
With five out of the first seven games at home, FC Dallas has a huge opportunity to start the season strong and after scoring a dramatic game-winner against San Jose last weekend, FCD's back home on Saturday night to face Sporting Kansas City looking to go 2-0 on the young season.
We're looking at another raucous atmosphere on Saturday night and we want you in the house! Watch the game in style on Saturday night with our FC Deal offering a ticket + on-field pre-game experience + FCD scarf starting at just $24!
When you get to the stadium, stop by the seat store in the northwest corner to claim your #DTID scarf, then you'll get the chance to watch warmups on the field before the game before taking your seat to watch FCD do their thing against one of the newest Western Conference teams.
Full details on how to claim your free scarf and enjoy your on-field experience will be sent in an e-mail on Friday afternoon to all FC Deal buyers.
See you on Saturday night!
Today, Mauro Diaz celebrates his 24th birthday and MLSsoccer.com has named the birthday boy to their MLS Week 1 Team of the Week.
Mauro completed 30 of 39 passes in Saturday's match according to the OPTA Chalkboard and tied for the team lead with two key passes in the 1-0 win over San Jose playing in a deeper role in Oscar Pareja's 4-4-2 formation.
They had this to say about his performance:
M: Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas) – This kid is fun. Ran the show for FCD with an impressive blend of flair, labor and thrust.
Welcome to the second annual 2015 Budweiser Draught Draft! Here's how it works: we have eight road matches selected for our 2015 Party at the Pubs watch party series presented by Budweiser and eight worthy pub partners ready to host our #DTID fans.
Rather than randomly assign matches to our Pub Partners, we're going to let them choose their respective matches. But how do we decide who gets the first pick? Easy, we don't; that's where you come in!
Just cast your vote for your favorite Pub Partner in the poll to the right. When voting ends on Thursday (12pm CT), the pub with the most votes gets to make the first pick in the 2015 Budweiser Draught Draft. The pub with the second most votes gets the second pick, and so on and so forth.
So pick your pub and let us know who you think should get the top spot in our 2015 Party at the Pubs watch party series presented by Budweiser!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.
On the opening weekend of the FC Dallas Major League Soccer season, the FC Dallas Academy had a double-match weekend hosting teams from Colorado on Saturday and Sunday at the Toyota Soccer Center. Here's a round-up of the results:
Fresh off spending most of the preseason training with the FCD first team, Aaron Meyer scored the 90th-minute game-winner as the U-18s scored a big win over Real Colorado. Sadaq Mohamud & Gonzalo Marquez also scored in the win.
The FCD U-18s exploded to their biggest win of the season on Sunday defeating Colorado Rush 7-0. Alex Radilla & Caleb Young both scored a pair of goals in the win while Aaron Meyer, Ryan Barlow & Santiago Agudelo scored the other three.
With the wins, the U-18s move back into contention for first place in the Central Conference Frontier Division, eight points behind the Houston Dynamo with a game in hand and 11 games remaining overall.
On Saturday, the U-16s won their sixth straight game with a 3-1 win over Real Colorado behind goals from Eddie Munjoma, Weston McKinnie and an own goal. Real Colorado was previously unbeaten in their last six and sits in third place overall in the division.
Devin Vega, who appeared with the first team in the friendly against San Antonio, tallied a hat trick in the win while Weston McKinnie added two more goals and Toshiki Yasuda rounded out the scoring.
The U-16s move to an astonishing 13-1-2 with the pair of victories, eight points above second-place Dallas Texans who they have three games in hand on.
Texans SC: 0
The FCD U-15s moved to 11-0-1 on the season with a 4-0 win over Texans SC. Javier Barajas, Mandel Stewart, Julian Jaquez & Paxton Pomykal scored the goals in the win.
Solar SC U-14: 0
Adriel Serrano scored both goals for the U-14s who won their fourth game in a row.
Texans SC: 0
Johan Gomez scored twice and Kevin Bonilla scored the other goal in the win.
Going to an FC Dallas game is one of the most unique entertainment experiences in the DFW metroplex. Every game is a uniquely fun experience and sometimes you are rewarded with stoppage time game-winners like we saw on Saturday night, just the seventh in Toyota Stadium's 10-year history.
Relive Saturday's match from start to finish through the lenses of Olivia Brestal & Erik Davila. Also, be sure to bookmark FCDPitchside.com, the new home of FC Dallas photography, design and other good stuff.
FC Dallas opened the 2015 season in dramatic fashion with a 92nd minute game winner from Blas Perez! Here are all the highlights from the first three points of the season:
We're finally here! It's time to raise the curtain on the 2015 Major League Soccer and FC Dallas opens the campaign on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium against the San Jose Earthquakes at 7:30PM. Here are the 10 things you need to know before we pack the Toyota Stadium stands:
1. Saturday's match is presented by AdvoCare and they're giving the first 7,500 fans through the gates an FCD rally mini-scarf! It's the first of four this season and you can read about the whole collection here.
2. We've got a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony on Saturday night as MLS Commissioner Don Garber will have the honors. Come to Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse right around 6:55 for that one.
3. After what feels like two weeks of ice and snow, mother nature has smiled on FC Dallas, bringing temperatures predicted to be near 60 degrees on Saturday afternoon with temps right around 50 at kickoff. Bring a jacket and your tailgating gear as the Toyota Stadium parking lots will be hopping well before kickoff.
4. Saturday's match is the first one on TXA 21 as part of our brand new TV deal. Also new in 2015 is an extended post-game show on our radio broadcast on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis. Be sure to turn on 100.7FM as you're leaving Toyota Stadium as Steve and Peter Welpton, co-host of 1310AM The Ticket's "The Kickaround," will break down the action after the 90 minutes are up while on the Spanish side, long-time host Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon are back on 1270AM. Additionally, outside the DFW metroplex, our game will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports Texas Channel 323 so we've got you covered from all angles!
5. Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Team Store at Saturday's game for all your FCD gear needs including the brand new 2015 secondary jersey as well as our game-exclusive match poster which is VERY limited edition.
6. If you think Tesho Akindele is headed for a sophomore slump, think again.
7. As with any new year, there are a ton of new things around Toyota Stadium, be sure to check out all our new things around Toyota Stadium including a brand new merch store in the northwest corner, the new LHK DJ Booth next to the Lamar Hunt Statue, an updated Chase Seat Store, brand new LED field boards around the pitch and our pre-game show at the MoneyGram desk.
8. Saturday's matchup features two teams that were headed in different directions at the end of 2014 and San Jose added a new coach because of it. We break it down in our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
9. Saturday is your FINAL chance to get your season ticket package including the July 7th US Men's National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader. Don't miss out, secure your season seats here!
10. Limited tickets are still available for Saturday's match and you can avoid the box office lines by securing your seats here. See you Saturday night!