Today, Mauro Diaz celebrates his 24th birthday and MLSsoccer.com has named the birthday boy to their MLS Week 1 Team of the Week.
Mauro completed 30 of 39 passes in Saturday's match according to the OPTA Chalkboard and tied for the team lead with two key passes in the 1-0 win over San Jose playing in a deeper role in Oscar Pareja's 4-4-2 formation.
They had this to say about his performance:
M: Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas) – This kid is fun. Ran the show for FCD with an impressive blend of flair, labor and thrust.
Welcome to the second annual 2015 Budweiser Draught Draft! Here's how it works: we have eight road matches selected for our 2015 Party at the Pubs watch party series presented by Budweiser and eight worthy pub partners ready to host our #DTID fans.
Rather than randomly assign matches to our Pub Partners, we're going to let them choose their respective matches. But how do we decide who gets the first pick? Easy, we don't; that's where you come in!
Just cast your vote for your favorite Pub Partner in the poll to the right. When voting ends on Thursday (12pm CT), the pub with the most votes gets to make the first pick in the 2015 Budweiser Draught Draft. The pub with the second most votes gets the second pick, and so on and so forth.
So pick your pub and let us know who you think should get the top spot in our 2015 Party at the Pubs watch party series presented by Budweiser!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.
On the opening weekend of the FC Dallas Major League Soccer season, the FC Dallas Academy had a double-match weekend hosting teams from Colorado on Saturday and Sunday at the Toyota Soccer Center. Here's a round-up of the results:
Fresh off spending most of the preseason training with the FCD first team, Aaron Meyer scored the 90th-minute game-winner as the U-18s scored a big win over Real Colorado. Sadaq Mohamud & Gonzalo Marquez also scored in the win.
The FCD U-18s exploded to their biggest win of the season on Sunday defeating Colorado Rush 7-0. Alex Radilla & Caleb Young both scored a pair of goals in the win while Aaron Meyer, Ryan Barlow & Santiago Agudelo scored the other three.
With the wins, the U-18s move back into contention for first place in the Central Conference Frontier Division, eight points behind the Houston Dynamo with a game in hand and 11 games remaining overall.
On Saturday, the U-16s won their sixth straight game with a 3-1 win over Real Colorado behind goals from Eddie Munjoma, Weston McKinnie and an own goal. Real Colorado was previously unbeaten in their last six and sits in third place overall in the division.
Devin Vega, who appeared with the first team in the friendly against San Antonio, tallied a hat trick in the win while Weston McKinnie added two more goals and Toshiki Yasuda rounded out the scoring.
The U-16s move to an astonishing 13-1-2 with the pair of victories, eight points above second-place Dallas Texans who they have three games in hand on.
Texans SC: 0
The FCD U-15s moved to 11-0-1 on the season with a 4-0 win over Texans SC. Javier Barajas, Mandel Stewart, Julian Jaquez & Paxton Pomykal scored the goals in the win.
Solar SC U-14: 0
Adriel Serrano scored both goals for the U-14s who won their fourth game in a row.
Texans SC: 0
Johan Gomez scored twice and Kevin Bonilla scored the other goal in the win.
Going to an FC Dallas game is one of the most unique entertainment experiences in the DFW metroplex. Every game is a uniquely fun experience and sometimes you are rewarded with stoppage time game-winners like we saw on Saturday night, just the seventh in Toyota Stadium's 10-year history.
Relive Saturday's match from start to finish through the lenses of Olivia Brestal & Erik Davila. Also, be sure to bookmark FCDPitchside.com, the new home of FC Dallas photography, design and other good stuff.
FC Dallas opened the 2015 season in dramatic fashion with a 92nd minute game winner from Blas Perez! Here are all the highlights from the first three points of the season:
We're finally here! It's time to raise the curtain on the 2015 Major League Soccer and FC Dallas opens the campaign on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium against the San Jose Earthquakes at 7:30PM. Here are the 10 things you need to know before we pack the Toyota Stadium stands:
1. Saturday's match is presented by AdvoCare and they're giving the first 7,500 fans through the gates an FCD rally mini-scarf! It's the first of four this season and you can read about the whole collection here.
2. We've got a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony on Saturday night as MLS Commissioner Don Garber will have the honors. Come to Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse right around 6:55 for that one.
3. After what feels like two weeks of ice and snow, mother nature has smiled on FC Dallas, bringing temperatures predicted to be near 60 degrees on Saturday afternoon with temps right around 50 at kickoff. Bring a jacket and your tailgating gear as the Toyota Stadium parking lots will be hopping well before kickoff.
4. Saturday's match is the first one on TXA 21 as part of our brand new TV deal. Also new in 2015 is an extended post-game show on our radio broadcast on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis. Be sure to turn on 100.7FM as you're leaving Toyota Stadium as Steve and Peter Welpton, co-host of 1310AM The Ticket's "The Kickaround," will break down the action after the 90 minutes are up while on the Spanish side, long-time host Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon are back on 1270AM. Additionally, outside the DFW metroplex, our game will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports Texas Channel 323 so we've got you covered from all angles!
5. Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Team Store at Saturday's game for all your FCD gear needs including the brand new 2015 secondary jersey as well as our game-exclusive match poster which is VERY limited edition.
6. If you think Tesho Akindele is headed for a sophomore slump, think again.
7. As with any new year, there are a ton of new things around Toyota Stadium, be sure to check out all our new things around Toyota Stadium including a brand new merch store in the northwest corner, the new LHK DJ Booth next to the Lamar Hunt Statue, an updated Chase Seat Store, brand new LED field boards around the pitch and our pre-game show at the MoneyGram desk.
8. Saturday's matchup features two teams that were headed in different directions at the end of 2014 and San Jose added a new coach because of it. We break it down in our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
9. Saturday is your FINAL chance to get your season ticket package including the July 7th US Men's National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader. Don't miss out, secure your season seats here!
10. Limited tickets are still available for Saturday's match and you can avoid the box office lines by securing your seats here. See you Saturday night!
Show up early tomorrow to get your hands on a very limited edition match poster exclusive to Saturday's match only available in the Toyota Stadium Team Store!
Pretty isn't it...
The season is back! FCD kicks things off on Saturday night against San Jose and we've got you covered with FCDTV's Keys to the Match driven by Toyota
One of the coolest parts of last fall's double dose of MLS playoff games at Toyota Stadium was seeing the fans standing and waiving the "Red For Glory" mini-scarves handed out to nearly everyone in attendance.
They were so popular, that we're bringing them back in 2015 with a special twist.
At four games this season, the first 7,500 fans into Toyota Stadium will be receiving collectible mini-scarves with Saturday's home opener the first chance to get your hands on the first of the four-scarf set.
As you can see, the scarf we're handing out on Saturday, which is presented by AdvoCare, has our "Red for 90" tagline on there but if you look closer you can see a "D"...this is where having all four is awesome. When you have all four of the scarves, it will spell out DTID and we don't think we need to tell you what that means.
Remember, the scarves are only being handed out to the first 7,500 fans on Saturday so GET THERE EARLY! MLS Commissioner Don Garber will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM so there's really no excuse to not get in your seats early on Saturday night and get the first of four mini-scarves!
If you don't have your tickets yet, click here to order yours!
2015 Collectible Mini-Scarf Schedule:
- 3/7 vs San Jose pres. by AdvoCare
- 3/28 vs Seattle pres. by Toyota
- 7/25 vs Portland Timbers FC pres. by Chase
- 8/15 vs LA Galaxy pres. by Toyota