FC Dallas was incredibly proud to be named the 2013 Editors' Choice Best DFW Sports Team by D Magazine and now we need your help to take home a trio of awards in 2014!
Raul Fernandez made his first start of 2014 just this past weekend and he's been nominated for Best DFW Athlete. Toyota Stadium is set to have the highest FC Dallas average attendance in stadium history in 2014 and our home has been nominated for Best DFW Sports Venue. Third and finally, FC Dallas is nominated for Best DFW Sports Team.
You're allowed to vote once a day and voting runs from today through Sunday, May 11.
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium after a weekend away on Sunday as they'll host the New York Red Bulls in a rare visit from the Gotham City club. Here's 10 things to know about Sunday's game:
1. You definitely don't want to miss our Cinco de Mayo celebration in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium tomorrow. Gates are opening 30 minutes early at 12:00PM and the party runs all the way until kickoff at 2:00PM with $1 tacos and $4 beer/mixed drinks.
2. The autograph schedule for tomorrow's party: Peter Luccin & George John from 12:30 - 1:00, Zach Loyd & Michel from 1:00 - 1:30.
3. As always, you don't want to miss our Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony and Sunday's one will be special as SMU head basketball coach and basketball hall of famer Larry Brown will have the honors on Sunday. The ceremony typically takes place a little more than 30 minutes before kickoff.
4. The New York Red Bulls bring a hot team to Toyota Stadium on Sunday and right now they're being led by a player other than one of their DP's. Read all about it.
5. Speaking of hot, it's going to be a toasty one on Sunday as summer rears its head for the first time this year. Bring some sunscreen and your sunglasses, but remember that umbrellas are not allowed inside Toyota Stadium.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. If you can't make Sunday's match, kickoff is set for 2:06PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. You can get caught up on everything #FCDvNY with our official MLSsoccer.com match preview.
10. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, beat the box office lines on matchday and secure yours here!
May has begun, and that means it's time for a brand new Scarf of the Month! May's limited-edition scarf features an argyle pattern with clean white ends and red fringe. One side displays a white FC Dallas wordmark, with an all-white FCD shield on the other side.
The March Scarf of the Month sold out in a matter of days, and the initial order of April's scarf sold out in less than 24 hours, prompting a second, special-edition order that sold out just as quickly. So don't waste any time ordering this month's edition. After all, you want to have the complete Scarf of the Month collection at the end of the year, don't you?
FCD goalkeeper Chris Seitz has earned his third save of the week nomination in the last four weeks for his sprawling one-handed save on Davy Arnaud in the first half of FCD's 4-1 loss to DC United on Saturday night. Seitz has won the award two out of the last three weeks and let's get him another SOTW award!
WATCH: SOTW Week 8
Sunday's game against New York Red Bulls is tracking to be another huge crowd at Toyota Stadium and we want to invite everyone to come out early for our Cinco de Mayo party in the El Jimador Cantina.
We're opening gates 30 minutes earlier than normal at noon and welcoming everyone to come grab lunch in the northwest terrace at Toyota Stadium where we'll be offering $1 tacos, $4 beers and $4 special mixed drinks to get everyone ready for our huge match against Thierry Henry, Tim Cahill and the Red Bulls.
One of the most popular new additions to Toyota Stadium in 2014, The LHK, will be DJ'ing while FCD players will hold autograph signings as well. Autograph schedule:
12:30 - 1:00: George John & Peter Luccin
1:00 - 1:30: Zach Loyd & Michel
Additionally, we have a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer this week as SMU basketball Head Coach and Basketball Hall of Famer Larry Brown will have the honors this Sunday.
We'll see everyone early on Sunday at Toyota Stadium as we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the El Jimador Cantina before FC Dallas takes on the New York Red Bulls in their only visit to Frisco this year.
The second annual FC Dallas Academy Day returns to Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 as our first-place US Soccer Development Academy teams take on local side Dallas Texans.
Come watch the future of FC Dallas play on the stadium field in our annual celebration of the FC Dallas Academy with a tripleheader of matches.
Festivities kick off with the U-14s playing at 10:00AM, U-18s at 12:30PM and U-16s at 3:00PM. In addition, the FC Dallas first team will be practicing at the Toyota Soccer Center in the morning(time TBA) so you’ll have the opportunity to watch the pros train before Sunday’s big game against New York, then come watch the Academy in a crucial tripleheader of matches.
We will have street tacos on sale all afternoon while Tex Hooper and FC Drum powered by TXU Energy will be at Toyota Stadium from 11:30 – 1:30. The FC Dallas Team Store will also be open from 10:00AM to 2:00PM with all your FCD gear including our brand new LH Lifestyle line.
Did we mention admission and parking are both completely free?
We’ll see you out at Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 for our second annual FC Dallas Academy Day!
With the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil just around the corner, McDonald’s and FC Dallas are looking for the best junior reporter ages 6-10 to cover all the action from Dallas during the world’s biggest sporting event.
From today until Monday, May 5 submit a 30-second YouTube video explaining why you should be the official McDonald’s Junior Reporter during the 2014 FIFA World Cup. We’re looking for the most charismatic and entertaining reporter to host their very own segment on FCDallas.com as the entire world turns it eyes to the tournament in Brazil.
You will have the opportunity to interview FC Dallas players and coaches, attend FC Dallas World Cup Watch parties presented by McDonald’s, and much more. Have a parent or guardian age 18 or older upload your video to YouTube showing why you should be our official junior reporter during the 2014 FIFA World Cup (INSTRUCTIONS), tag it with McDonald's Junior Reporter in the video title and send the link to email@example.com. One lucky contestant will be selected on Wednesday, May 7 to be the official McDonald’s and FC Dallas Junior Reporter.
- Child must be between 6-10 years old
- Attend up to four (4) appearances between May 31-July 13
- All videos must be submitted by Monday, May 5
You could meet some of your favorite FC Dallas players this week with two Meet & Greets scheduled at local Fiesta locations this Thursday, April 17 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Homegrown players Victor Ulloa and Moises Hernandez will be at the Fiesta at 8060 Spring Valley Road and Colombian duo Fabian Castillo and Jair Benitez will be at the Fiesta at 1200 E. Parker Road in Plano.
In addition to the Meet & Greets, Fiesta and Budweiser are giving fans the chance to win a trip to Seattle to watch FC Dallas take on Sounders FC at CenturyLink Field on Wednesday, May 7. Fans can enter to win by texting DALLAS to 839863.
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium next Saturday night as we host Toronto FC and for two days only, we're offering you a special promotion that you won't want to miss out on.
Score four tickets to next Saturday's game for $19! That's right, you heard me. Four tickets to see first-place FC Dallas take on Toronto FC for just $19.
These 'Standing Room Only' tickets will grant you access to the Budweiser Beer Garden or some of the best views in the stadium at the top of each section, but that's not all. You're going to be given a chance to win one of 11 FREE upgrades to premium seating at Toyota Stadium.
- One (1) fan who purchases through this offer will be randomly selected to receive a Field Table for the match!
- Five (5) fans who purchase through this offer will have their four tickets upgraded to suite-level seats!
- Five (5) fans who purchase through this offer will have their four tickets upgraded to all-you-can-eat food and beverage seats in Cozumel Island!
Fans who purchase through this offer will also be contacted by an FC Dallas sales representative with an exclusive chance to upgrade your seats at a very discounted cost!
All fans, including current FCD season ticket holders, are eligible to purchase tickets through this offer which expires Monday, April 14 at 2:00PM.
Get your tickets now for one of the biggest games of the season as FCD looks to stay in first place against Michael Bradley and Toronto FC!
I'm sure many of you remember our Raul Fernandez H&R Block promotion from earlier in the season in which fans would have a chance to win a trip for four to Houston to watch the Texas Derby and meet Raul Fernandez. FC Dallas fan Rob Goldblatt won the honor and on Saturday night, he and his family took in the dominating 4-1 win over our rivals to the south. Here's what Rob had to say about the experience:
It was a great time in Houston as my wife, two sons and I enjoyed watching FC Dallas take it to the Dynamo 4-1 last Saturday. We were met by [Partnership Marketing Coordinator] Annika with FC Dallas and escorted to the field where we watched the team go through their pregame warmup.We also got to meet Fernando Clavijo on the sideline before the game. This was our first FCD away game and we were very excited to be part of the crowd.The atmosphere was buzzing as the crowd was looking forward to a Dynamo victory.
We were a smattering of red in a sea of orange at their stadium so we obviously stood out in the sellout crowd. We got all kinds of looks - surprise,hate even laughter - as we made our way to our seats as the kick off was ready to take place. The Dynamo fans around us were very vocal but still mostly friendly as the first half ended 1-1.
In the second half, the four of us kept jumping out of our seats as we scored goal after goal after goal! If no one thought there were any FCD fans at the game before, they certainly knew we were there then. Needless to say, the Dynamo supporters were deathly silent. It was great day to be an FC Dallas supporter!