Our brand new ShopFCDallas.com Scarf of the Month program has been an overwhelming success with quick sellouts of both March and April's editions.
However, after Saturday's historic win in Houston, we knew we'd have to create a second run of our popular "Come and Take It" scarf, but with a little twist.
Pre-order your "FC Dallas 4, Houston Dynamo 1 "Come and Take It" April Scarf of the Month today! Since the scarves are being special ordered, it will be at least six weeks before they arrive in Frisco and this one-time VERY limited edition order will not be made again. Our first run sold out in less than 24 hours so don't waste any time in pre-ordering yours today because when they're gone, they're gone.
April's exclusive scarf is a nod to Texas history and the Texas Derby (presented by Novo Nordisk).One side of the scarf features the "Come and Take It" slogan that was used during the Texas Revolution of 1835 and is used today to dare the Dynamo to try and reclaim El Capitan which comes together when the scarf is draped around the neck of an FC Dallas fan. On the other side is the "FC Dallas 4 Houston Dynamo 1" scoreline from Saturday's game.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a pre-sale and scarves will not be available for in-store pickup/shipping for six-eight weeks.
Here's the parking information you need if you're planning on joining our FCD supporters in a caravan down I-45 tomorrow to support the boys:
FC Dallas supporters are to meet Houston Dynamo, BBVA Compass Stadium, and MLS representatives at 6:00 PM at the corner of Prairie St and Bastrop St to the north of BBVA Compass Stadium. Parking lots at the two locations indicated on the map will be available for cash parking.
Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that Conan O' Brien has been filming his shows all week from the Majestic Theatre in downtown Dallas in conjunction with the Final Four at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this weekend. The shows have been hilarious, as usual, and on Tuesday, Conan performed his Wikipedia Dallas song which has some amazing facts you may not have known about Houston in there as well.
Given the game coming up this weekend, we thought it would be applicable to post here. Stay tuned for the whole thing as the last line is a doozy.
UPDATE (April 3, 11:30am): April's Scarf of the Month has officially sold out. Be sure to keep an eye out for next month's limited-edition scarf!
It's a new month, and with the turn of the calendar comes the next scarf in the FC Dallas Scarf of the Month line.
April's exclusive scarf is a nod to Texas history and the Texas Derby (presented by Novo Nordisk). With the match against the Houston Dynamo coming up this weekend, one side of the scarf features the "Come and Take It" slogan that was used during the Texas Revolution of 1835 and is used today to dare the Dynamo to try and reclaim El Capitan. On either side of the slogan is half a cannon, which comes together when the scarf is draped around the neck of an FC Dallas fan.
The reverse side of the black-and-white scarf features an FC Dallas wordmark with a star on either side.
For the first-time ever we're offering a FREE in-store pick-up option on ShopFCDallas.com. Fans can buy online and pick up their scarves from Toyota Stadium without shipping delays keeping this rivalry-themed scarf from reaching you before the Texas Derby on Saturday night.
If you're an FC Dallas fan traveling to BBVA Compass Stadium for the match this weekend, you'll definitely want to pick one up as it can double as a respiratory mask while you're in Houston. Last month's scarf sold out extremely fast, so order yours NOW!
*Please note: Scarf has not been medically-approved as a respiratory mask. But it will help keep the stank out of your lungs.
Yesterday, FCDTV released the first "Hooper Jams" album ahead of Saturday's Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk, and we want you to help fill out HOOPER's first EP with a fifth track.
So far we have:
1. Wrecking Bull
2. More humid than humid
3. You’re not gonna take it
4. Let the cannon go
Here's where you come in! Tweet your favorite and most creative anti-Houston or pro-Dallas song titles with #HooperJams. We'll post our favorites on Friday and pick one of them to win two tickets to next Saturday's game against Seattle Sounders FC.
Get those creative juices flowing and tweet your best #HooperJams and you could win FCD tickets!
Mauro "The Magician" Diaz just keeps blowing our minds on a weekly basis so far in 2014 and if you're a Mauro fan out there looking for a season ticket package, we've got the one for your.
Our Mauro "10 for 10" package includes 10 of the remaining 14 MLS home games games at Toyota Stadium including games against the LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders FC and Toronto FC as well as one autographed Mauro Diaz replica jersey per account!
This $600 value starts at just $350 and you can call 888-FCD-GOAL to order yours today or follow this link.
We got dozens of GREAT submissions for our Toyota #LetsGoPlaces social media contest and we'd like to wish congratulations to Skyler Thiot AKA @TweetsOfTexas who has won our contest for this Tweet before Saturday's game:
— Skyler Thiot (@TweetsOfTexas) March 29, 2014
As always, thanks to everyone for your submissions!
It's just about time for home game #3 at Toyota Stadium this season and so far we've seen two thrilling wins netting FCD six points and six goals. Saturday's game against Portland should be another thriller and here's the ten things you need to know before heading out to Toyota Stadium:
1. For all those Toyota drivers out there, show us how you go to tomorrow's game and you could win VIP suite tix and a free weekend rental of a Toyota!
2. We've extended our very popular college night promotion to tomorrow night! That means all college students with valid ID can score an endline ticket for just $10 at the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow night while supplies last.
3. As always, arrive early to Toyota Stadium as this week's honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be none other than team captain Andrew Jacobson! AJ will be scarfing the statue just before 7:00PM so get there early and cheer on our team captain.
4. In addition, AJ will be signing autographs tomorrow AFTER the game in the El Jimador Cantina located in the northwest terrace of the stadium. You're going to want to check out this new Toyota Stadium spot before and after every game!
5. Another reason to get there early, the first 5,000 fans will receive a free clapper courtesy of Saturday's presenting match partner, Toyota.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against Portland. The Timbers have struggled early in the season without a win in their first three games, but their midfield trio should give Dallas a very tough test on Saturday. Drew Epperley scouts Portland in his weekly "Know Your Enemy" piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. We've earned some nice weather after a couple cold games to start the season and we'll get it tomorrow night! The forecast calls for sunny and 75 degrees which means we could get a huge walkup crowd - yet another reason to arrive early to avoid the lines!
9. Kickoff is set for 7:30PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. FCD is in first place and undefeated with the highest-scoring offense in the league through three games. You don't want to miss tomorrow night's game. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, click here to secure yours!
Saturday night's home game against Portland is presented by Toyota and they want to see how FC Dallas fans go places to Toyota Stadium for the FCD game in their Toyota.
Here's how you can win:
-Get yourself, your friends or your family together on Saturday and post a creative, fun picture of yourself or your crew going to Saturday's FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers game in a Toyota and post it on either Twitter or Instagram using both hashtags, #LetsGoPlaces #FCDallas.
-We'll pick our favorite on Monday and they'll receive 4 tickets to be a VIP guest in the Toyota suite for our Saturday, April 12 game against Seattle Sounders FC. Also, you'll get a special FREE weekend rental of a Toyota vehicle of your choice!
So before you go to the game in your Toyota on Saturday, take a fun picture and post it to either Twitter or Instagram using hashtags #LetsGoPlaces & #FCDallas! We'll pick our favorite and you could be sitting in the Toyota suite for our next match vs Clint Dempsey and Seattle Sounders FC!
EDIT: Our $10 link has expired but we've seen such great success that we're opening it up at the gates! Show up to the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow with your student ID and you can score a $10 endline ticket while supplies last!
Attention college students! Saturday night at Toyota Stadium is college night and we're offering a great discount for you to watch first-place FC Dallas take on the Portland Timbers.
College students can score $10 endline tickets for Saturday night's game as first-place and undefeated FC Dallas battles Western Conference rival Portland Timbers in what should be another heart-stopping game at Toyota Stadium.
Students with a valid ID can purchase $10 endline tickets while supplies last by showing your student ID at the north box office.
All tickets previously purchased through the link will be at north box office will call and can be picked up with a valid student ID!