After nearly three weeks, FC Dallas is back home on Saturday night for a huge home game vs the LA Galaxy! FCD boasts a 3-1-0 record in four home games this year and currently sit tied for first place in the Western Conference and MLS with 17 points from nine matches. Here are the ten things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for #FCDvLA:
1. In honor of Mother's Day, Norma Hunt will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM in Lamar's Tailgate on the North Concourse! Be sure to get there early for a great spot.
2. Be sure to set your DVR's to record the brand new FC Dallas Extra Time magazine show airing at 7:00PM prior to the TXA21 broadcast of Saturday night's match against LA.
3. Our brand new May Scarf of the Month is now on sale in the team store and it's dedicated to legendary mascot Tex Hooper. Be sure to grab one in the team store on Saturday before they sell out!
4. Speaking of team score, you're definitely going to want to grab one of our exclusive match posters(pictured to the left) with the amazing Star Wars theme.
5. Just like they didn't get too low after a tough loss at home to Colorado earlier this year, FC Dallas is focusing on not getting too high after last week's big win over Houston.
6. As for Saturday's opponents Los Angeles, things are a little bit up and down for the 2014 MLS Cup champs. Read all about them with our Know Your Enemy feature.
7. We're launching a new in-stadium text program for this game with updates on stuff going on around the stadium, highlights, any weather updates and maybe a special treat or two. Text MATCH6 to 444-222 to get included in the free in-stadium text program.
8. Speaking of weather, Saturday could get a little bit interesting again with potential thunderstorms in the forecast. As with all the rain this last week, some days there is nothing and other days there is some hairy stuff so be sure to take a look at the radar before heading to Toyota Stadium.
9. Saturday's game will be broadcast locally in HD on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Kevin Hartman on the call. For English radio tune to 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and catch the game in Spanish on 1270AM with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. Tickets are available for Saturday's game RIGHT HERE. It's one of just two home games left between now and June 26th so be sure to join us at Toyota Stadium for a huge Western Conference match against Los Angeles!
Our May Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the best mascot in MLS, our very own Tex Hooper!
You may not be Tex Hooper, but you can look like him with this fun design which, on one side, has the Tex Hooper name mark with the FC Dallas logo which comes together when you wear it. On the other side is where the magic happens with Tex Hooper horns that make you look like Tex when you hold it up to your head.
Now, normally you hold the scarf high above your head, but this one is best held like you see to the left with Victor Ulloa.
This unique scarf will definitely sell out, so be sure to stop by the team store this week or at Saturday's match against Los Angeles to get your brand new May Scarf of the Month dedicated to the big man, Tex Hooper!
We're just a little over 24 hours away from the first Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk of 2015 and the local Univision sports anchors in Dallas and Houston have made the first bet of the weekend.
For those who don't speak spanish, Enrique challenged Pedro to a bet of whoever's team wins the first round of the Texas Derby, the other anchor will have to wear the winning team's jersey on the air. Of course, Pedro was quick to accept the challenge knowing that FC Dallas is pretty much guaranteed to get the W on Friday night.
Stay tuned on this one and be sure to follow Pedro on Twitter @PedritoSilva and Enrique @Enriquedeportes to see how this all plays out!
We have picked our ten winners in the Dr Pepper #FCDOneOfAKind social media promotion to win two tickets to next Saturday's match vs Los Angeles Galaxy!
Now is the time for you to vote for your three favorites to win VIP prize packs and behind-the-scences tours!
Check out the winners and pick your three favorites! Voting closes on Monday, May 4th at 12:00PM central time and winners will be contacted directly!
The young flair of FCD's attack was on full display Friday night in Colorado as Fabian Castillo and Mauro Diaz combined to score one of the prettiest goals you'll see in MLS this season. Castillo put the Rapids defense on ice skates with one of his trademark jinking runs through the box before playing the perfect ball to Diaz who smashed home his first MLS goal in nearly a year to put FC Dallas up in the first half.
The fantastic assist, which really made the goal in this case, was Castillo's third of the year already just one assist shy of his 2014 mark of four only eight games into the season. He's also already halfway to his highest career total of assists which he set in 2013.
Vote Mauro(and Fabian) for Week 8 AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 8
FC Dallas fans have raised the game at Toyota Stadium over the last couple years creating a one of a kind sports atmosphere in DFW and Dr Pepper, the presenting partner for our next home match against the LA Galaxy on May 9th wants to provide select #DTID fans with a One of A Kind Experience!
Dr Pepper is always one of a kind and they want FC Dallas fans to show why they're an #FCDOneOfAKind fan. Here's the details:
-Post a picture on Twitter or Instagram showing your FC Dallas spirit and include hashtag #FCDOneOfAKind in the post between 12:00PM on Tuesday, April 21st and 12:00PM on Monday, April 27th.
-Ten (10) winners will receive two (2) tickets to the Saturday, May 9th match vs Los Angeles presented by Dr Pepper.
-From Monday, April 27th to Friday, May 1st, fans can vote on their favorite picture from the ten winners and the top three vote winners will receive a VIP Toyota Stadium tour, on-field access during pre-game warmups, an FCD prize pack featuring a new jersey and more including a full supply of Dr Pepper products!
It's a Happy Hour Matinee at Toyota Stadium on Friday night as FC Dallas looks to stay unbeaten at home against the Colorado Rapids at 6:00PM! Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've had some great Lamar Hunt Statue Scarfers this season and we've got another one on Friday as Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey will have the honors. That ceremony is at 5:30PM on the north concourse.
2. It's a Happy Hour matinee tonight with a special 6:00PM kickoff and with that, we've got your Happy Hour pricing at Toyota Stadium leading up to kickoff in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace. Look out for $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs plus FCD gear is 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30 and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00.
3. We've got a brand new Scarf of the Month for April and you can get yours in the team store tonight! Hey, get there early enough and you can get it for 25% off!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Unimas and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Seven out of our next 12 games will be on one of the Univision family of networks so if you can't make it out be sure to remember where Unimas is on your TV dial and visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV.
5. The weather for tonight's match? Absolutely perfect. CBS 11 predicts a high of 75 with clear skies and this could be the only day without rain for a while so be sure to enjoy your evening at Toyota Stadium.
6. Did FC Dallas re-discover their set piece magic in Portland and how do you deal with a Colorado team desperate for a win? We discuss it in the Keys to the Match Driven by Toyota.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Stop by the team store tonight to get your hands on our exclusive match poster dedicated to Colorado native Tesho Akindele!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best seat in the house!
Friday's match against Colorado is a special 6:00PM start time and we want you to join us for a Happy Hour Matinee as we cheer FC Dallas on with a win taking them back into first place in MLS.
With the match starting early, we want you to come straight from work or wherever else you are and get to Toyota Stadium early!
The gates open at 5:00PM and from 5:00 to 6:00PM in the El Jimador Cantina we will have $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs!
Also, this is the perfect chance to stock up on FC Dallas gear for the summer as all retail purchases will be 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30PM and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00PM leading up to kickoff when everything will be regular priced.
If you don't have your tickets yet, grab yours right here and be sure to come out early on Friday for our Happy Hour Matinee vs Colorado!
By Demetrio Teniente & Daniel Robertson
FC Dallas' own Tesho Akindele has been included on D Magazine's Best of Big D 2015 ballot for best athlete. He joins the likes of Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Demarco Murray, the Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki and Monta Ellis, the Texas Rangers' Adrian Beltre, the Dallas Stars' Tyler Seguin, and Pro Golf's Jordan Spieth. Not that you need convincing, but here are five reasons why you should vote for Tesho.
1. Because if you vote for Tesho all your wildest dreams will come true
Did any of the other candidates pull off one the best Pedro Sanchez (Napoleon Dynamite) impressions of all-time and win the 2014 AT&T Rookie of the Year? Didn’t think so. By embracing and paying homage to Pedro, Tesho demonstrated his great sense of humor and won the hearts of many. Not only is Tesho a young, gifted player in MLS, he is also a promising talent in the world of parodies. And we haven’t even talked about his nunchuck, bowhunting, and computer hacking skills.
2. Because Tesho’s hat-trick was pretty cool
When FCD faced San Jose in week 23, Tesho was in the middle of a heated race for Rookie of the Year with Chicago Fire’s Harry Shipp. The young forward made his case for the award even stronger by netting the seventh hat trick by a rookie in MLS history. Coincidentally, Shipp had the sixth hat trick by a rookie earlier in the season. As we mentioned in reason number one, Tesho eventually won Rookie of the Year. Anything you can do, Tesho does better, and he did it at 22 years old.
3. Because Tesho is the smartest one of the bunch
The sports merits of each of our finalists can be debated, but only one was an electrical engineering student. Electrical Engineering. Seriously. Just shut the voting down right now. Tesho even once told Extra Time Radio that if he wasn't playing soccer he would like to be involved in controlling the stoplight systems of a city. If you don't #VoteForTesho, you're going to hit red lights for the rest of your life.
4. Because he is the second youngest athlete in the running
Whitney Houston believed the children are our future. As far as Dallas sports icons go, Tehso is about as young as they come. Only Jordan Spieth is younger than Tesho and there is only a four month difference between them. And in golf you can play until you're like 60 so Jordan Spieth has plenty of years to win the award! A vote for Tesho is a vote for the future of the Dallas sports culture. Come on, do it for the kids.
5. Because he can play for three different countries
Tesho was born to a Nigerian father, Canadian mother and has been in America for most of his life. You probably weren't even eligible to play for two different high schools. Tesho was a part of USMNT camp in January, though he still has yet to commit to playing for a specific country quite yet. All three would certainly love to have him, though we're obviously partial to the ol' Red White & Blue.
It's that time of year again to let everyone know that DFW loves FCD!
FC Dallas and Toyota Stadium have been nominated in three awards this year in the D Magazine Best of Big D 2015 awards.
Be sure to vote for our home, Toyota Stadium, as the Best Local Sports Venue. The atmosphere is unique to Dallas sports and there's no where else in the metroplex like the Budweiser Beer Garden. Give Toyota Stadium your vote for Best Local Sports Venue.
The 2014 MLS Rookie of the Year is up for Best Local Athlete and while Tesho's on-field accomplishments don't quite measure up to a guy like Dirk Nowitzki(yet), can Dirk pass an Electrical Engineering course or do a spot on Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite impression? Didn't think so.
Practically unbeatable at home, four shutouts in our last five matches, first place in MLS with the youngest team full of Homegrown DFW talent. This is an easy one.
Vote FC Dallas in the Best of Big D 2015 awards!