We have picked our ten winners in the Dr Pepper #FCDOneOfAKind social media promotion to win two tickets to next Saturday's match vs Los Angeles Galaxy!
Now is the time for you to vote for your three favorites to win VIP prize packs and behind-the-scences tours!
Check out the winners and pick your three favorites! Voting closes on Monday, May 4th at 12:00PM central time and winners will be contacted directly!
The young flair of FCD's attack was on full display Friday night in Colorado as Fabian Castillo and Mauro Diaz combined to score one of the prettiest goals you'll see in MLS this season. Castillo put the Rapids defense on ice skates with one of his trademark jinking runs through the box before playing the perfect ball to Diaz who smashed home his first MLS goal in nearly a year to put FC Dallas up in the first half.
The fantastic assist, which really made the goal in this case, was Castillo's third of the year already just one assist shy of his 2014 mark of four only eight games into the season. He's also already halfway to his highest career total of assists which he set in 2013.
Vote Mauro(and Fabian) for Week 8 AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 8
FC Dallas fans have raised the game at Toyota Stadium over the last couple years creating a one of a kind sports atmosphere in DFW and Dr Pepper, the presenting partner for our next home match against the LA Galaxy on May 9th wants to provide select #DTID fans with a One of A Kind Experience!
Dr Pepper is always one of a kind and they want FC Dallas fans to show why they're an #FCDOneOfAKind fan. Here's the details:
-Post a picture on Twitter or Instagram showing your FC Dallas spirit and include hashtag #FCDOneOfAKind in the post between 12:00PM on Tuesday, April 21st and 12:00PM on Monday, April 27th.
-Ten (10) winners will receive two (2) tickets to the Saturday, May 9th match vs Los Angeles presented by Dr Pepper.
-From Monday, April 27th to Friday, May 1st, fans can vote on their favorite picture from the ten winners and the top three vote winners will receive a VIP Toyota Stadium tour, on-field access during pre-game warmups, an FCD prize pack featuring a new jersey and more including a full supply of Dr Pepper products!
It's a Happy Hour Matinee at Toyota Stadium on Friday night as FC Dallas looks to stay unbeaten at home against the Colorado Rapids at 6:00PM! Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've had some great Lamar Hunt Statue Scarfers this season and we've got another one on Friday as Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey will have the honors. That ceremony is at 5:30PM on the north concourse.
2. It's a Happy Hour matinee tonight with a special 6:00PM kickoff and with that, we've got your Happy Hour pricing at Toyota Stadium leading up to kickoff in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace. Look out for $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs plus FCD gear is 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30 and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00.
3. We've got a brand new Scarf of the Month for April and you can get yours in the team store tonight! Hey, get there early enough and you can get it for 25% off!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Unimas and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Seven out of our next 12 games will be on one of the Univision family of networks so if you can't make it out be sure to remember where Unimas is on your TV dial and visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV.
5. The weather for tonight's match? Absolutely perfect. CBS 11 predicts a high of 75 with clear skies and this could be the only day without rain for a while so be sure to enjoy your evening at Toyota Stadium.
6. Did FC Dallas re-discover their set piece magic in Portland and how do you deal with a Colorado team desperate for a win? We discuss it in the Keys to the Match Driven by Toyota.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Stop by the team store tonight to get your hands on our exclusive match poster dedicated to Colorado native Tesho Akindele!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best seat in the house!
Friday's match against Colorado is a special 6:00PM start time and we want you to join us for a Happy Hour Matinee as we cheer FC Dallas on with a win taking them back into first place in MLS.
With the match starting early, we want you to come straight from work or wherever else you are and get to Toyota Stadium early!
The gates open at 5:00PM and from 5:00 to 6:00PM in the El Jimador Cantina we will have $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs!
Also, this is the perfect chance to stock up on FC Dallas gear for the summer as all retail purchases will be 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30PM and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00PM leading up to kickoff when everything will be regular priced.
If you don't have your tickets yet, grab yours right here and be sure to come out early on Friday for our Happy Hour Matinee vs Colorado!
By Demetrio Teniente & Daniel Robertson
FC Dallas' own Tesho Akindele has been included on D Magazine's Best of Big D 2015 ballot for best athlete. He joins the likes of Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Demarco Murray, the Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki and Monta Ellis, the Texas Rangers' Adrian Beltre, the Dallas Stars' Tyler Seguin, and Pro Golf's Jordan Spieth. Not that you need convincing, but here are five reasons why you should vote for Tesho.
1. Because if you vote for Tesho all your wildest dreams will come true
Did any of the other candidates pull off one the best Pedro Sanchez (Napoleon Dynamite) impressions of all-time and win the 2014 AT&T Rookie of the Year? Didn’t think so. By embracing and paying homage to Pedro, Tesho demonstrated his great sense of humor and won the hearts of many. Not only is Tesho a young, gifted player in MLS, he is also a promising talent in the world of parodies. And we haven’t even talked about his nunchuck, bowhunting, and computer hacking skills.
2. Because Tesho’s hat-trick was pretty cool
When FCD faced San Jose in week 23, Tesho was in the middle of a heated race for Rookie of the Year with Chicago Fire’s Harry Shipp. The young forward made his case for the award even stronger by netting the seventh hat trick by a rookie in MLS history. Coincidentally, Shipp had the sixth hat trick by a rookie earlier in the season. As we mentioned in reason number one, Tesho eventually won Rookie of the Year. Anything you can do, Tesho does better, and he did it at 22 years old.
3. Because Tesho is the smartest one of the bunch
The sports merits of each of our finalists can be debated, but only one was an electrical engineering student. Electrical Engineering. Seriously. Just shut the voting down right now. Tesho even once told Extra Time Radio that if he wasn't playing soccer he would like to be involved in controlling the stoplight systems of a city. If you don't #VoteForTesho, you're going to hit red lights for the rest of your life.
4. Because he is the second youngest athlete in the running
Whitney Houston believed the children are our future. As far as Dallas sports icons go, Tehso is about as young as they come. Only Jordan Spieth is younger than Tesho and there is only a four month difference between them. And in golf you can play until you're like 60 so Jordan Spieth has plenty of years to win the award! A vote for Tesho is a vote for the future of the Dallas sports culture. Come on, do it for the kids.
5. Because he can play for three different countries
Tesho was born to a Nigerian father, Canadian mother and has been in America for most of his life. You probably weren't even eligible to play for two different high schools. Tesho was a part of USMNT camp in January, though he still has yet to commit to playing for a specific country quite yet. All three would certainly love to have him, though we're obviously partial to the ol' Red White & Blue.
It's that time of year again to let everyone know that DFW loves FCD!
FC Dallas and Toyota Stadium have been nominated in three awards this year in the D Magazine Best of Big D 2015 awards.
Be sure to vote for our home, Toyota Stadium, as the Best Local Sports Venue. The atmosphere is unique to Dallas sports and there's no where else in the metroplex like the Budweiser Beer Garden. Give Toyota Stadium your vote for Best Local Sports Venue.
The 2014 MLS Rookie of the Year is up for Best Local Athlete and while Tesho's on-field accomplishments don't quite measure up to a guy like Dirk Nowitzki(yet), can Dirk pass an Electrical Engineering course or do a spot on Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite impression? Didn't think so.
Practically unbeatable at home, four shutouts in our last five matches, first place in MLS with the youngest team full of Homegrown DFW talent. This is an easy one.
Vote FC Dallas in the Best of Big D 2015 awards!
FC Dallas has never been 4-0-0 in their previous 19 seasons in Major League Soccer. They have the chance to do that for the first time in franchise history on Saturday night against Seattle Sounders FC. It's going to be a packed house at Toyota Stadium and here are the ten things to know before you join us for another #DTID night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Toyota and they're bringing you the second in our set of four collectible mini-rally scarves. The first 7,500 will receive a rally scarf upon entry to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night, so get there early!
2. It's a huge honor to have Mexican soccer legend Cuauhtemoc Blanco scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue on Saturday night as he and his Puebla side will face Queretaro and Ronaldinho on Sunday at Toyota Stadium. Don't miss the ceremony at 7:00PM on the north concourse.
3. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Brian Dunseth on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
4. The weather for our first two home games hasn't been the best with snow and rain to deal with. Those days are gone as we're going to have an absolutely gorgeous night on Saturday with CBS 11 predicting highs in the 80s with temperature right around 70 at kickoff.
5. This sweet match-specific poster to the left and all your FCD gear is available in the team store at Toyota Stadium and if you're a Season Ticket Holder ask about how you can get the April Scarf of the Month before anyone else!
6. Get your pre-game workout in with our brand new Pre-Game Playlist from the official DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. Saturday's match will be affected by international callups for both sides and the defense that FC Dallas turns into offense will be key to getting a win. We break it all down with the Keys to the Match presented by Toyota.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $22. See you at Toyota Stadium!
The official in-house DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew, will be bringing you a pre-game playlist before every game at Toyota Stadium. Here's your first mix to get you pumped for Saturday night's game:
First goal. First AT&T Goal of the Week nomination.
Ryan Hollingshead's second-half strike has been nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week and you know what to do! .
Vote Ryan Hollingshead for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 3