The countdown is at 0 days! We've finally reached the big season opener at Toyota Stadium vs. Montreal Impact pres. by AdvoCare! Since there are just so many things going on in and around Toyota Stadium, we thought we'd compile a list of ten things you need to know both about tonight's game and the goings on around the stadium.
1. Get there early for our Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony! Former FC Dallas goalkeeper and new member of the Time Warner Cable Sports broadcast team, Kevin Hartman, will be our honorary scarfer tonight and the ceremony is set for 7:00PM sharp so get there early for the best spot!
2. We've got your pre-game meal covered! Grab a friend and stop by brand new MLS partner Chipotle who are offering BOGO at all DFW locations today only for anyone wearing FC Dallas gear!
3. If you don't feel like driving to the game tonight, we've got two different options for you! Take the FCD Express from one of four spots around Dallas County and you can grab a ticket + ride for $25 or a round trip ride for only $10. Also, Uber has partnered with FCD for this game to offer a FREE $30 credit for all first-time customers.
4. If you do drive to the game and you're lucky enough to have a Toyota, our stadium partners Toyota are offering FREE upgraded parking for all Toyota drivers in the Camry Gold lot, adjacent to the Dr. Pink field directly NW of the stadium. Parking, as always, is free for all attendees in our other lots around Toyota Stadium!
5. On the field, FC Dallas will be looking to win on opening night for the third straight year. Star forward Blas Perez is back for his third season with the club and is targeting big things in 2014 with no major international duty scheduled.
6. For our opponents, Montreal, some undisciplined actions in their 2013 playoff loss to Houston will result in some missing pieces for tonight's match. Star forward Marco Di Vaio, scorer of 20 goals last season, will be out on suspension and we discussed what that means in our Toyota Keys to the Match.
7. This season, our popular drumline, FC Drum, returns and they're doubled in size! Along with FC Drum, we're introducing a new group of DJs to Lamar's Tailgate in 2014, The LHK, as heard on 106.1 KISS FM. The LHK & FC Drum have worked together on a DJ/Drum mashup right after the scarfing ceremony on the north concourse that you're not going to want to miss!
8. Our brand new 2014 home jersey presented by AdvoCare will be on display in our newly-renovated team store in the northeast corner of the stadium and new to Toyota Stadium in 2014 is a completely new, second team store on the south end of the stadium. It's going to be a little bit chilly tonight so be sure to buy our 2014 March Scarf of the Month. Supplies are VERY limited!
9. Speaking of weather, our friends over at CBS 11 tell us that while it might be a little bit chilly, any rain in the forecast will be gone well before game time! You wouldn't miss out on the home opener because it's a little cold would you? That would be a very Houston thing to do.
10. We are Red for 90. We'll see you tonight! There are a few tickets left if you still need some.
Last night at the city council meeting at Frisco City Hall, Mayor Maher Maso welcomed VP of Ticket Sales Kris Katseanas and FCD defender Walker Zimmerman to the proceedings as he officially declared every Friday before FC Dallas weekend home games as Red Friday Frisco.
Head to www.redfridayfrisco.com to see what it's all about and watch the video below to let Kris explain things.
We've got some great news for all FCD fans who frequent Toyota Stadium. The ever-popular Cane's Challenge is returning for 2014!
Every time FC Dallas scores in a home game at Toyota Stadium in 2014, take your game ticket to any DFW area Raising Cane's to score a buy one get one free combo through close of business the day after game day.
FCD goals = Free chicken fingers!
FC Dallas has partnered with the popular transportation service Uber to help fans get to and from two of the biggest events of FCD Week safely and in style. Uber will be providing a special offer to FC Dallas fans looking for a ride to Cocktails & Cleats (7-10 p.m.) in downtown Dallas this Thursday and to Toyota Stadium this Saturday when FC Dallas kicks off the 2014 season against the Montreal Impact, presented by AdvoCare (7:30p.m. kickoff).
First-time Uber users who enter the promo code FCDALLAS will receive their first ride FREE, up to $30 off. Just sign up for an Uber account here, and the code will automatically apply to your first ride!
As you can see, we have a new look to the blog section of the FC Dallas website that we're launching in conjunction with #DigitalTuesday called Red Alert.
Anyone who knew me before I joined FC Dallas, knows that I got my start in the writing world by starting "Big D Soccer" a blog dedicated to FCD and ever since I became a full time contributor to the website I've been wanting to have a dedicated blog on FCDallas.com where the voice can be a little more casual. A place for the hardcore fan.
As happens in just about every line of work, it took a little while to get everything together, but today myself and FCDallas.com Managing Editor Scott Brown are extremely excited to launch Red Alert.
So how is this going to be different than what we have now? Expect a lot more updates from us, but in smaller bits. We're going to have links, analysis, pictures, polls, lots of social interaction and since it's called the Red Alert, you'll never miss a piece of FC Dallas content as I'll post links to every piece of FCDallas.com content on the Red Alert. Think of this as your FCD news stream keeping you updated on everything happening within the club.
I'm excited to see what this will turn into so thanks for reading and be sure to bookmark the Red Alert!
Feast your eyes on the first-ever FC Dallas Scarf of the Month. Pretty sweet, huh?
The Scarf of the Month line is a brand-new merchandise series for 2014, which will feature a unique, limited-edition scarf that will be released on the first of each month throughout the regular season. That's eight one-of-a-kind scarves you'll have a chance to own. But when we say "limited-edition," we do mean limited, so be sure to get yours early before they sell out.
March's scarf (right) has been dubbed "This is Our House." It was inspired by the super-secret, all-new 2014 FC Dallas Home Jersey, presented by AdvoCare, (which will FINALLY be unveiled in a few days at Cocktails & Cleats) and by the "This is Our House" chants that can be heard from our Supporters at every FCD match at Toyota Stadium.
*FACT : In the time it took you to read this blog post, 12 of these scarves have been sold. Avoid sadness and BUY NOW!
Along with the new and exciting young players added to the roster in 2014, FCD is adding a number of new and fun features to our game presentation at Toyota Stadium this season and one of those will be well-known local DJ's The LHK.
Some of the best-known DJ's in DFW, The LHK's "Club Kiss" sets can be heard nightly on 106.1 KISS FM as well as their three-hour show on Saturday nights. At every home game in 2014, DJ's Spin, IvyTron and Inzo's creative and interactive sets will be a staple of Lamar's Tailgate starting 90 minutes before kickoff when the gates open at Toyota Stadium. The LHK will also be DJ'ing our Friday night happy hour at Burger Girl Grill as part of FCD Week.
The LHK are huge FC Dallas fans so don't miss their big opening night set when all three members of The LHK will be at Lamar's Tailgate!
Celebrate the 24-hour countdown with us at Burger Girl Grill across the street from Toyota Stadium for the biggest happy hour of the year!
Come dressed in your red and help us countdown the final hours to our big home opener with specials on food and Budweiser drinks.
As heard on 106.1 KISS FM, The LHK with DJ's Spin, IvyTron & Inzo will keep the celebration going while fans can play at the FIFA 14 gaming station as well as win a variety of raffle prizes including autographed gear & FC Dallas tickets!
Day three of FCD Week will see the FC Dallas Tour travel to some of our partners around Frisco with the FC Dallas Girls and Tex Hooper to help FC Dallas fans prepare for Saturday’s home opener!
Look out for Tex and the Tour at select locations with FCD swag, giveaways, ticket specials and free 7UP products.
Schedule of FCD Tour stops with more to come:
12:00PM - 1:00PM - Outside of AdvoCare Headquarters - 2801 Summit Ave Plano, TX 75074
1:15PM - 2:00PM - Cici's Pizza Preston - 5580 Preston Rd Frisco, TX 75034
2:15PM - 3:00PM - Cici's Pizza El Dorado - 15962 W. El Dorado Pkwy #400 Frisco TX 75034