It's the annual July 4th extravaganza at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night presented by TXU Energy! There's so much going on around Toyota Stadium on Saturday night so here are the 10 things to know about the showdown with New England:
1. Saturday's match and post-game fireworks show are presented by TXU Energy and you'll want to arrive early as the first 5,000 fans receive a pair of light-up bam bam sticks! Who doesn't love something that lights up?
2. For anyone who has been to an FC Dallas July 4th game, you know it gets a little emotional at halftime when the American Fallen Soldiers Project presents the family of a fallen soldier with a painted portrait of their loved one. Our honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be Phil Taylor from the AFSP, and you'll want to be by the Lamar Hunt Statue by 7:30 for that one.
3. If there's a little something off about our special match poster, it's because graphic designer Olivia Brestal has created a 3D poster for Saturday's match! Get yours in the team store which comes with a complementary pair of 3D glasses.
4. Meet defender Stephen Keel on the north concourse tomorrow near the TXU Energy oversized chair! Get your picture and autograph with the man himself.
5. Our opponent, New England, won the Eastern Conference last year but has been struggling recently. Get caught up with our Know Your Enemy feature.
6. Our merchandise special for Saturday's match is $5 off the Countrymen/USA flag tees so stop by the store and treat yo' self.
7. Tomorrow's match features the biggest July 4th fireworks show in town pres. by TXU Energy and that should be going off right around 15 minutes after the final whistle. It's going to be over the north end of the stadium so be sure to grab a good spot after FCD takes three points.
8. FC Dallas has been absolutely fantastic at home over the last year with a 13-2-2 record inside the friendly confines of Toyota Stadium in their last 17 games.
9. If you can't make the game, watch live on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Steve Jolley on the call. Remember you can also listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. Tickets are very limited for Saturday's match but you can get yours HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
The FC Dallas design team of Erik Davila & Olivia Brestal has done a fantastic job this year with their match posters and scarves of the month, but this might take the cake.
If the official match poster for Saturday's July 4th extravaganza vs New England looks a little bit off to you, there's a good reason. This week's match poster is a special 3D version bringing Zach Loyd to life(though don't worry, you can also see him on the Toyota Stadium field Saturday night as well).
The poster is available in the FCD Team Store on gameday and, of course, for every poster you purchase for $5, you'll get a pair of 3D glasses to enjoy it in all its glory. Quantities are very limited so be sure to arrive early and get yours before they sell out!
Tonight, FC Dallas takes the Toyota Stadium field for the last time until June 26th. That's exactly six weeks away! Don't miss our showdown against Eastern Conference high-flyers New York Red Bulls tonight at 8:00PM. Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've been thrilled to have our new TV show FC Dallas Extra Time on TXA21 as well as FC Dallas Live which will debut this coming Wednesday and scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue tonight will be the host of those two shows, long-time Dallas sports host Gina Miller. Don't miss that ceremony right around 7:30PM on the north concourse.
2. Tonight's presenting partner is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and they will be handing out rally towels to the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium so get there early to get your FCD rally towel.
3. Our graphic designer Olivia Brestal has crafted up a beautiful match poster(pictured to the left) for tonight's game and you can get yours in the FCD Team Store for just a few bucks!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Univision Deportes and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV or just tune in to Steve Davis' broadcast on 100.7FM at 8:00PM!
5. FCD's alpha dog forward Blas Perez will be displaying his talents again tonight and MLS Insider has a must-see feature on El Raton showing both his hero and villain side.
6. Don't forget to arrive early and take a shot at our first-annual Crossbar Challenge! You can win a chance to go down on the Toyota Stadium field after the game and even win FC Dallas season tickets! Follow the link for more information.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Our two-tone logo snapback hat is the official merchandise store special tonight and you can get yours for just $10, that's $15 off!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
Bonus: We have started a brand new in-stadium text program for those going to FC Dallas games. We'll update you on things going on around the stadium, merch specials, send you highlights and much more! Text match7 to 444-222 to subscribe for free.
Participate in the FC Dallas Crossbar Challenge on Friday night before our game against the New York Red Bulls presented by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano for your chance to win FC Dallas season tickets, U.S. Men's National Team Gold Cup tickets, a suite for an upcoming FC Dallas match and more!
The contest's qualifying round runs from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on the Dr. Pink Field, the first field directly to the north of the stadium, and if you hit the crossbar from the top of the penalty box, you advance to the finals on the Toyota Stadium field after Friday's match against the New York Red Bulls presented by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Even if you miss your first shot, you'll have the chance to buy more chances with a donation to the FC Dallas Kicks for Kids Foundation.
Your ticket to the match is automatic entry into the Crossbar Challenge, so get your tickets now!
For the third straight week, FC Dallas is up for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
While Blas Perez is the one who scored the goal, this one is all about Mauro Diaz's filthy flick to free Perez on goal. This goal put Blas Perez at the top of the FC Dallas scoring charts with five this season tied for fifth-most in Major League Soccer while Diaz now has four assists in his last two matches.
Vote Blas Perez(and Mauro) for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 10
After nearly three weeks, FC Dallas is back home on Saturday night for a huge home game vs the LA Galaxy! FCD boasts a 3-1-0 record in four home games this year and currently sit tied for first place in the Western Conference and MLS with 17 points from nine matches. Here are the ten things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for #FCDvLA:
1. In honor of Mother's Day, Norma Hunt will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM in Lamar's Tailgate on the North Concourse! Be sure to get there early for a great spot.
2. Be sure to set your DVR's to record the brand new FC Dallas Extra Time magazine show airing at 7:00PM prior to the TXA21 broadcast of Saturday night's match against LA.
3. Our brand new May Scarf of the Month is now on sale in the team store and it's dedicated to legendary mascot Tex Hooper. Be sure to grab one in the team store on Saturday before they sell out!
4. Speaking of team score, you're definitely going to want to grab one of our exclusive match posters(pictured to the left) with the amazing Star Wars theme.
5. Just like they didn't get too low after a tough loss at home to Colorado earlier this year, FC Dallas is focusing on not getting too high after last week's big win over Houston.
6. As for Saturday's opponents Los Angeles, things are a little bit up and down for the 2014 MLS Cup champs. Read all about them with our Know Your Enemy feature.
7. We're launching a new in-stadium text program for this game with updates on stuff going on around the stadium, highlights, any weather updates and maybe a special treat or two. Text MATCH6 to 444-222 to get included in the free in-stadium text program.
8. Speaking of weather, Saturday could get a little bit interesting again with potential thunderstorms in the forecast. As with all the rain this last week, some days there is nothing and other days there is some hairy stuff so be sure to take a look at the radar before heading to Toyota Stadium.
9. Saturday's game will be broadcast locally in HD on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Kevin Hartman on the call. For English radio tune to 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and catch the game in Spanish on 1270AM with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. Tickets are available for Saturday's game RIGHT HERE. It's one of just two home games left between now and June 26th so be sure to join us at Toyota Stadium for a huge Western Conference match against Los Angeles!
Our May Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the best mascot in MLS, our very own Tex Hooper!
You may not be Tex Hooper, but you can look like him with this fun design which, on one side, has the Tex Hooper name mark with the FC Dallas logo which comes together when you wear it. On the other side is where the magic happens with Tex Hooper horns that make you look like Tex when you hold it up to your head.
Now, normally you hold the scarf high above your head, but this one is best held like you see to the left with Victor Ulloa.
This unique scarf will definitely sell out, so be sure to stop by the team store this week or at Saturday's match against Los Angeles to get your brand new May Scarf of the Month dedicated to the big man, Tex Hooper!
We're just a little over 24 hours away from the first Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk of 2015 and the local Univision sports anchors in Dallas and Houston have made the first bet of the weekend.
For those who don't speak spanish, Enrique challenged Pedro to a bet of whoever's team wins the first round of the Texas Derby, the other anchor will have to wear the winning team's jersey on the air. Of course, Pedro was quick to accept the challenge knowing that FC Dallas is pretty much guaranteed to get the W on Friday night.
Stay tuned on this one and be sure to follow Pedro on Twitter @PedritoSilva and Enrique @Enriquedeportes to see how this all plays out!
We have picked our ten winners in the Dr Pepper #FCDOneOfAKind social media promotion to win two tickets to next Saturday's match vs Los Angeles Galaxy!
Now is the time for you to vote for your three favorites to win VIP prize packs and behind-the-scences tours!
Check out the winners and pick your three favorites! Voting closes on Monday, May 4th at 12:00PM central time and winners will be contacted directly!
The young flair of FCD's attack was on full display Friday night in Colorado as Fabian Castillo and Mauro Diaz combined to score one of the prettiest goals you'll see in MLS this season. Castillo put the Rapids defense on ice skates with one of his trademark jinking runs through the box before playing the perfect ball to Diaz who smashed home his first MLS goal in nearly a year to put FC Dallas up in the first half.
The fantastic assist, which really made the goal in this case, was Castillo's third of the year already just one assist shy of his 2014 mark of four only eight games into the season. He's also already halfway to his highest career total of assists which he set in 2013.
Vote Mauro(and Fabian) for Week 8 AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 8