Here are the best pictures from Saturday's win over Colorado:
Check out all the goals and saves from FCD's HUGE 3-1 win over the Colorado Rapids!
FC Dallas is finally back home after two weekends on the road for a crucial Western Conference matchup against the Colorado Rapids pres. by Raytheon on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium! Here are the 10 things you need to know before heading to the stadium Saturday night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Raytheon and it's first responder night at Toyota Stadium! Raytheon will have t-shirts to give away by the fire truck on Lamar's Tailgate while supplies last. Stop by, get your t-shirt and take a picture and tag it with #RaytheonProtect&Serve.
2. In conjunction with Raytheon on first responder night, Chief Mark Piland of the Frisco Fire Department will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue so be sure to arrive early for that ceremony around 7:30 on Lamar's Tailgate.
3. Saturday's match is part of our #SODoubleHeader as directly after Saturday's MLS match, our FC Dallas Special Olympics team will play the Colorado Rapids Special Olympics team in their annual match. It's going to be an amazing event with presentation exactly the same as the first team match so all #DTID fans need to stay and cheer on our Special Olympics team.
4. You can win a pair of tickets to our Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Semifinal match vs Philadelphia on Tuesday plus an FC Dallas scarf at our #SODoubleHeader Special Olympics match. Click here to see how.
5. This match against Colorado is about as big as it gets for an August game in the standings for FC Dallas. FCD is currently three points above Colorado tied for fourth place in the Western Conference and FCD is ready for this six-pointer.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. Our new August Scarf of the Month will be on sale for the first time in the team store tomorrow so stop by and get yourself one before they sell out!
8. We could hit triple digits for the first time on an FCD gameday on Saturday, but we're #RedFor90 and ready for it. Will Colorado be ready?
9. Saturday's game is set for an 8:00PM kickoff and will be broadcast in HD locally on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 148 as well as 100.7FM(English) & 1270AM(Spanish).
10. We're looking at another really nice crowd for Saturday's match, but there are still tickets available by clicking here.
Hear from Pareja, Hedges & Tesho ahead of #FCDvCOL with FCDTV's Quick Kicks:
Hear from Oscar Pareja, Fabian Castillo and Zach Loyd after FC Dallas' 3-2 win over the Colorado Rapids.
Here's your match highlights from Saturday's huge 3-2 win over Colorado:
Hear from Oscar Pareja, Walker Zimmerman & Chris Seitz on Saturday's game vs Colorado:
FC Dallas plays the Colorado Rapids Saturday night at Toyota Stadium in their first meeting of the 2014 season. The two teams met three times last season with FCD winning the first, drawing in the second match, and losing the third. Here's a look back at the previous season series:
WATCH: FCD 1, COL 0
Game 1 - March 2nd, 2013 - FC Dallas 1, Colorado 0: In the 11th minute, backup goalkeeper Steward Ceus left his box which allowed Jackson an easy goal from a long ball that David Ferreira played. Jackson almost doubled FCD's lead in the 18th minute when he shot a ball from 30 yards out that looked as if it went in the goal but only found the side netting. Former FCD player Atiba Harris almost made the match even in the 58th minute for the Rapids but failed to send his shot from 25 yards out into the goal.
WATCH: FCD 2, COL 2
Game 2 - June 1, 2013 - FC Dallas 2, Colorado 2: The first 50 minutes were rather quiet for both teams until a ten minute span in the second half saw four goals. Marvell Wynne's throw in near the touchline headed straight for the center of the box which was then headed into the goal by Harris in the 56th minute. Five minutes later, FCD replied when Harris' attempted header to clear a Dallas cross from Michel, found Blas Perez who found the corner of the goal.
Colorado answered FCD's reply when Rapids Chris Klute sent a looping cross into the box which Harris then converted into a simple goald for his second goal of the game. The last goal of the game came soon after when an FCD cross into the box found Perez once again who finished with a shot from 20 yards out.
WATCH: FCD 1, COL 2
Game 3 - September 14, 2013 - Colorado 2, FC Dallas 1: The game was scoreless until halftime but not for a lack of chances. In the 51st minute, Jair Benitez sent a cross to Ferriera in the box who finished for a short range goal. A few minutes later two FCD defenders attempted to clear a Klute cross into the box but the ball came right to Sanchez on the left side of the penalty box which he then sent into the goal. Six minutes after their equalizing goal, Sanchez driblled around FCD defender George John and delivered a cross in front of the goal that defender Hedges accidentally tipped into his own goal.
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night for the final home match before we kick off the 2014 FIFA World Cup and we're getting ready for the world's biggest sporting event in style.
Gates open at a special 4:30PM time for Saturday's game as we'll be showing the USA's final World Cup sendoff match against Nigeria kicking off at 5:00PM on a portable jumbotron on the north concourse as well as offering $1 tacos(while supplies last) and $4 beer in the El Jimador Cantina until 6:30PM before transitioning straight from the USMNT into FCD's big match against Colorado at 7:30 on the Toyota Stadium pitch.
If you haven't got your ticket yet for Saturday's match, secure yours right here.
We'll see you out here Saturday night as we celebrate both club and country with FC Dallas taking on Colorado in the final home MLS match before July 4 and watch the USA take on Nigeria in the final tuneup before heading down to Brazil.
On Saturday night in Denver, our FC Dallas Special Olympics Team played their first-ever match against another MLS team, tying the Colorado Rapids Special Olympics Team 2-2. Stay tuned later this week for a blog post recounting the amazing weekend in Colorado, but until then enjoy these pictures from the fun night.