Here are all the best photos from FCD's 2-0 win at Philadelphia last weekend:
The FC Dallas ECNL Program will have a fun and unique pair of games next week as they'll scrimmage the Japan U-15 Girls National Team at the Toyota Soccer Center.
Admission is free and you'll have two chances to catch games.
FC Dallas ECNL vs Japan U-15 WNT - Tuesday, March 24 7:00PM Field 14
FC Dallas ECNL vs Japan U-15 WNT - Wednesday, March 25 7:00PM Field 14
You won't see a better counterattacking goal than this one.
Up 2-1 in the second half of Saturday's match against Sporting Kansas City, it took just eight seconds for FCD to win the ball back in their own half and deposit it in the Kansas City goal. Michel -> Hollingshead -> Castillo. Goal.
Vote Fabian Castillo for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 2
When you play as well as Dallas has, people take notice and FC Dallas has jumped to the top spot in the Week 2 ESPN MLS Power Rankings.
Tough defense and killer play in transition continues to be a winning formula for Dallas, in this case against Kansas City. Blas Perez celebrated his birthday in style, scoring two goals. If Mauro Diaz can regain his magic from a year ago, look out.
Jason Davis of ESPN also had this to say about FCD while listing Zach Loyd and Blas Perez in his team of the week.
It's early, really early, but the best team thus far in the Western Conference isn't the LA Galaxy or the Seattle Sounders...it's FC Dallas.
It is really early, but this team sure is a lot of fun isn't it?
FC Dallas looks to go 2-0-0 on the young season as they host Sporting Kansas City at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night. Here are the 10 things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for the Western Conference matchup:
1. We have another special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer as US Women's National Team forward Sydney Leroux has the honors. Be sure to get there early and join us at Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse a little before 7:00PM for the ceremony!
2. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Daniel Robertson on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
3. In their last 12 games in MLS regular season and playoffs, FC Dallas is an astounding 10-1-1 at home. FCD has not beaten Sporting KC at home since 2010 and the teams will be playing their first match as conference foes since 2004 with SKC moving back to the west this year.
4. After a washout on Friday, the weather is set to clear up on Saturday with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid to high 60s.
5. All the FCD gear you need is in the team store with locations all over Toyota Stadium in the north end, south end, east side and west side as well as the new store in the northwest corner of the stadium. Be sure to pick up one of our March 14th exclusive match posters for Saturday's game(click picture to enlarge).
6. We got a taste of it last week as new signing Michael Barrios produced two fantastic scoring opportunities and drew a yellow card on a defender in just 15 minutes of action. FCD is eager to see more of the young Colombian.
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. For Sporting Kansas City, the defense will have to step up on Saturday with US Men's National Team defender Matt Besler unavailable due to a red card last week, but they still have 22-goal scorer Dom Dwyer. Check out our opponent in Know Your Enemy.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $19. See you at Toyota Stadium!
One of the biggest annual Dallas events is Saturday in Lower Greenville as the Dallas Observer hosts the St. Patricks Day concert featuring Josh Abbott Band and FC Dallas will be there!
We're hosting the FC Dallas Gaming Garden from 12:00 - 3:00PM with FIFA15 on the XBOX One, corn hole, giant Jenga, ladder ball and perhaps a couple other games more geared towards the St. Patricks Day crowd.
We'll have an FC Dallas team-signed scarf to give away as well as sunglasses and drawstring bags, all for free. Also, if you're coming from up north, be sure to hop on the DART because let's face it, you don't want to deal with parking in Lower Greenville.
Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Gaming Garden at the Dallas Observer St. Patrick's Day concert before you head to Toyota Stadium for Saturday night's big match vs Sporting KC!
FC Dallas looks to go 2-0 on Saturday night when they host Sporting Kansas City at Toyota Stadium. Get ready for kickoff with our Keys to the Match presented by Toyota. Unfortunately, the FINAL Keys to the Match for Scott Brown as he rides off into the sunset.
With five out of the first seven games at home, FC Dallas has a huge opportunity to start the season strong and after scoring a dramatic game-winner against San Jose last weekend, FCD's back home on Saturday night to face Sporting Kansas City looking to go 2-0 on the young season.
We're looking at another raucous atmosphere on Saturday night and we want you in the house! Watch the game in style on Saturday night with our FC Deal offering a ticket + on-field pre-game experience + FCD scarf starting at just $24!
When you get to the stadium, stop by the seat store in the northwest corner to claim your #DTID scarf, then you'll get the chance to watch warmups on the field before the game before taking your seat to watch FCD do their thing against one of the newest Western Conference teams.
Full details on how to claim your free scarf and enjoy your on-field experience will be sent in an e-mail on Friday afternoon to all FC Deal buyers.
See you on Saturday night!
Today, Mauro Diaz celebrates his 24th birthday and MLSsoccer.com has named the birthday boy to their MLS Week 1 Team of the Week.
Mauro completed 30 of 39 passes in Saturday's match according to the OPTA Chalkboard and tied for the team lead with two key passes in the 1-0 win over San Jose playing in a deeper role in Oscar Pareja's 4-4-2 formation.
They had this to say about his performance:
M: Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas) – This kid is fun. Ran the show for FCD with an impressive blend of flair, labor and thrust.
On the opening weekend of the FC Dallas Major League Soccer season, the FC Dallas Academy had a double-match weekend hosting teams from Colorado on Saturday and Sunday at the Toyota Soccer Center. Here's a round-up of the results:
Fresh off spending most of the preseason training with the FCD first team, Aaron Meyer scored the 90th-minute game-winner as the U-18s scored a big win over Real Colorado. Sadaq Mohamud & Gonzalo Marquez also scored in the win.
The FCD U-18s exploded to their biggest win of the season on Sunday defeating Colorado Rush 7-0. Alex Radilla & Caleb Young both scored a pair of goals in the win while Aaron Meyer, Ryan Barlow & Santiago Agudelo scored the other three.
With the wins, the U-18s move back into contention for first place in the Central Conference Frontier Division, eight points behind the Houston Dynamo with a game in hand and 11 games remaining overall.
On Saturday, the U-16s won their sixth straight game with a 3-1 win over Real Colorado behind goals from Eddie Munjoma, Weston McKinnie and an own goal. Real Colorado was previously unbeaten in their last six and sits in third place overall in the division.
Devin Vega, who appeared with the first team in the friendly against San Antonio, tallied a hat trick in the win while Weston McKinnie added two more goals and Toshiki Yasuda rounded out the scoring.
The U-16s move to an astonishing 13-1-2 with the pair of victories, eight points above second-place Dallas Texans who they have three games in hand on.
Texans SC: 0
The FCD U-15s moved to 11-0-1 on the season with a 4-0 win over Texans SC. Javier Barajas, Mandel Stewart, Julian Jaquez & Paxton Pomykal scored the goals in the win.
Solar SC U-14: 0
Adriel Serrano scored both goals for the U-14s who won their fourth game in a row.
Texans SC: 0
Johan Gomez scored twice and Kevin Bonilla scored the other goal in the win.