The FC Dallas design team of Erik Davila & Olivia Brestal has done a fantastic job this year with their match posters and scarves of the month, but this might take the cake.
If the official match poster for Saturday's July 4th extravaganza vs New England looks a little bit off to you, there's a good reason. This week's match poster is a special 3D version bringing Zach Loyd to life(though don't worry, you can also see him on the Toyota Stadium field Saturday night as well).
The poster is available in the FCD Team Store on gameday and, of course, for every poster you purchase for $5, you'll get a pair of 3D glasses to enjoy it in all its glory. Quantities are very limited so be sure to arrive early and get yours before they sell out!
The FC Dallas U-16 Academy headed into Friday's showdown with the LA Galaxy Academy needing a draw or a win to advance through to the national quarterfinals of the 2014-2015 US Soccer Development Academy season.
They got exactly what they were looking for, defeating LA 2-0 to finish the playoffs group stage a perfect 3-0-0 without allowing a goal in any of the three matches.
On Friday, Gio Montesdeoca opened the scoring while Weston McKinnie added the second to give FCD a 2-0 halftime lead. After a weather delay, the U-16s finished the job to seal the 2-0 victory.
As one of the top four remaining seeds, Luchi Gonzalez's side will host a national quarterfinal at the Toyota Soccer Center against the New England Revolution on July 8th. Stay tuned for full details on when this match will kick off so you can come cheer on FCD as they look to advance to the national semifinals.
U-18s finish Playoffs Week strong
It was a heartbreaking week for the FC Dallas U-18 Academy dropping two close results in their first two matches, but they finished the year strong defeating the Concorde Fire 5-0 in their final match of the season.
Miguel Ojeda and Oscar Romero gave FCD a 2-0 halftime lead and Alex Radilla, Caleb Young and Christian Ramirez scored in the second half to finish the season on a happy note for Francisco Molina's side.
A sleepy first half turned into an exciting second half at Dick's Sporting Goods Park as FC Dallas and Colorado shared the points in the final game of a five-match road trip for FCD. Here are your highlights:
Today and tomorrow are decisive ones across the CONCACAF region as the World Cup Qualifier second legs are played for many nations on the quest to Russia 2018. As we have previously mentioned, the FC Dallas trio of Tesho Akindele, Atiba Harris and Moises Hernandez are representing their nations in this pair of matches. Let's take a look at how they did in their first legs and what's ahead over the next 24 hours.
-Tesho Akindele played 74 minutes in his international debut for Canada as the Maple Leafs defeated Dominica 2-0 in the first leg. They host Dominica at BMO Field on Tuesday night needing anything better than a two-goal loss to advance to the next two-legged knockout round.
-FC Dallas Homegrown Moises Hernandez became the first Homegrown player to play in a World Cup Qualifier, going 90 minutes for Guatemala in their 0-0 draw with Barbados. They'll need to win the return leg on Monday in Devonshire to advance through to the next knockout round.
FC Dallas midfielder Kellyn Acosta and the Under-20 U.S. Men's National Team fell to Ukraine in the final match of the group stage, finishing in 2nd place in Group A with six points.
Acosta played the full 90 minutes at left back again for the U-20s. He's played every minute of all three games in the FIFA U-20 World Cup, helping the U.S. to thier 2nd place finish.
USA is now in Wellington prepping for their Round of 16 match with Colombia on Wednesday, June 10. In Group C, Colombia beat Qatar 1-0, tied Senegal 1-1, and lost to Portugal 3-1 to finish 2nd place in their group.
Should Acosta and the U.S. U-20s advance to the Quarterfinals, they would play the winner of Serbia and Hungary.
FC Dallas midfielder Kellyn Acosta and the Under-20 U.S. men's national team routed host country New Zealand, 4-0, in the wee hours of Tuesday morning - securing an advancement to the knockout stage of the FIFA U-20 World Cup.
After narrowly edging Myanmar 2-1 in the first game of the group stage, the U-20s bounced back in a big way. Bradford Jameison IV, Rubio Rubin, captain (and ex-FCD academy player) Emerson Hyndman, Paul Arriola all scored. Gedion Zelalem also played a vital role in the win.
Improving to a 2-0-0 record, the U.S. is already guaranteed a spot in the knockout stage before playing Ukraine in the final game of the group stage. The U.S. currently sits at the top of their group with a perfect six out of six points.
Acosta played the full 90 minutes at left back in both wins and his solid veteran presence helped solidify the back line.
The U-20s play Ukraine Friday to determine who wins the group. Ukraine currently has four points after drawing New Zealand 0-0 and beating Myanmar 6-0.
FC Dallas midfielder Kellyn Acosta and the U-20 U.S. Men's National Team are in New Zealand for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup. The World Cup kicks off locally May 30 and ends June 20. The U-20s were drawn into a group with Myanmar, Ukraine, and the host country New Zeleand.
Acosta is projected to start as a center midfielder along with ex-FCD Academy player, and captain of the US U-20s, Emerson Hyndman. After playing in the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup, Acosta became the youngest member of the US squad at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Some other highly-touted players in the tournament to keep an eye on are Andreas Pereira (Brazil), Julian Brandt (Germany), Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria), Gedion Zelalem (USA) and Hirving Lozano (Mexico).
Here's the schedule and how to watch each game on your TV, phone, computer, and tablet:
USMNT U-20s vs. Myanmar
Fox Sports 1 Channel Listings
Time Warner Cable: 56
AT&T U-verse: 652
Final: USA 2, Myanmar 1
Friday, May 29 at 11:00pm CT
USMNT U-20s vs. New Zealand
Final: USA 4, New Zealand 0
Tuesday, June 2 at 2:00am CT
USMNT U-20s vs. Ukraine
Final: USA 0, Ukraine 3
Friday, June 5 at 2:00am CT
USMNT U-20s vs. Colombia (Round of 16)
When: Wednesday, June 10 at 2:30am CT
TV: Fox Sports 1
Computer/Tablet/Phone: Fox Soccer 2GO
Tonight's match against Sporting KC is beign aired nationally on UniMas, so we thought it would be best to get you acquainted with the station and how you can watch the game either on your TV, phone, computer or tablet. Here's a rundown that should explain everything:
UniMas on TV
Here's your list of local TV providers with Univision Deportes. For details on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature head to MLSsoccer.com/SAP
Time Warner Cable - Channel 20
DirecTV - Channel 408
Uverse - Channel 20 or 1020 (HD)
DISH - Channel 271
You can watch tonight's game on your computer through a live stream on the Univision Deportes website. CLICK HERE to access the live stream at 8:00PM central. For English commentary, select that from the dropdown menu in the streaming window. Note: Comcast users will not be able to watch the online stream.
The draw for the 2015 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup fourth round was held on Thursday evening, the round in which MLS teams enter the fray with almost every team paired up against a geographically close minor league team.
FC Dallas was drawn as the host of the winner between USL's Oklahoma City Energy FC and Tulsa Roughnecks and the match will take place on Tuesday, June 16th at 8:00PM. We will have a special venue for this one with the match taking place at TCU's Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium, the home of TCU women's soccer. The fantastic facility is a grass field and can host about 2,000 fans plus more standing room so it should be a fantastic evening and atmosphere as we get the LHUSOC kicked off in Cowtown.
Oklahoma City will play at Tulsa on Wednesday, May 27th to decide which team will travel south to face FC Dallas in the fourth round matchup.
Ticket information for this match will be released in the near future.
Tonight, FC Dallas takes the Toyota Stadium field for the last time until June 26th. That's exactly six weeks away! Don't miss our showdown against Eastern Conference high-flyers New York Red Bulls tonight at 8:00PM. Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've been thrilled to have our new TV show FC Dallas Extra Time on TXA21 as well as FC Dallas Live which will debut this coming Wednesday and scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue tonight will be the host of those two shows, long-time Dallas sports host Gina Miller. Don't miss that ceremony right around 7:30PM on the north concourse.
2. Tonight's presenting partner is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and they will be handing out rally towels to the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium so get there early to get your FCD rally towel.
3. Our graphic designer Olivia Brestal has crafted up a beautiful match poster(pictured to the left) for tonight's game and you can get yours in the FCD Team Store for just a few bucks!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Univision Deportes and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV or just tune in to Steve Davis' broadcast on 100.7FM at 8:00PM!
5. FCD's alpha dog forward Blas Perez will be displaying his talents again tonight and MLS Insider has a must-see feature on El Raton showing both his hero and villain side.
6. Don't forget to arrive early and take a shot at our first-annual Crossbar Challenge! You can win a chance to go down on the Toyota Stadium field after the game and even win FC Dallas season tickets! Follow the link for more information.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Our two-tone logo snapback hat is the official merchandise store special tonight and you can get yours for just $10, that's $15 off!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
Bonus: We have started a brand new in-stadium text program for those going to FC Dallas games. We'll update you on things going on around the stadium, merch specials, send you highlights and much more! Text match7 to 444-222 to subscribe for free.