Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that Conan O' Brien has been filming his shows all week from the Majestic Theatre in downtown Dallas in conjunction with the Final Four at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this weekend. The shows have been hilarious, as usual, and on Tuesday, Conan performed his Wikipedia Dallas song which has some amazing facts you may not have known about Houston in there as well.
Given the game coming up this weekend, we thought it would be applicable to post here. Stay tuned for the whole thing as the last line is a doozy.
Yesterday, FCDTV released the first "Hooper Jams" album ahead of Saturday's Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk, and we want you to help fill out HOOPER's first EP with a fifth track.
So far we have:
1. Wrecking Bull
2. More humid than humid
3. You’re not gonna take it
4. Let the cannon go
Here's where you come in! Tweet your favorite and most creative anti-Houston or pro-Dallas song titles with #HooperJams. We'll post our favorites on Friday and pick one of them to win two tickets to next Saturday's game against Seattle Sounders FC.
Get those creative juices flowing and tweet your best #HooperJams and you could win FCD tickets!
While Mauro Diaz curiously was not named to the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for his third consecutive home game despite scoring a late game-winning goal, FCD did have one representative on this week's team as 18-year-old homegrown Kellyn Acosta made the team for his marauding effort on Saturday night.
Acosta completed 45 passes in Saturday's game as well as two key passes and his brilliant assist to Blas for the first goal on Satudray night. Congratulations Kellyn!
Here's what they had to say:
D: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas) – Picked up an assist and was relentness and brave in general down FCD's right side.
We got dozens of GREAT submissions for our Toyota #LetsGoPlaces social media contest and we'd like to wish congratulations to Skyler Thiot AKA @TweetsOfTexas who has won our contest for this Tweet before Saturday's game:
— Skyler Thiot (@TweetsOfTexas) March 29, 2014
As always, thanks to everyone for your submissions!
You may have been wondering why FC Dallas players were wearing black armbands and, if you watched any other games around the league last weekend, why all MLS players were wearing them.
It was a league-wide initiative where players wore armbands with #Kuykenstrong on them in memory of Shawn Kuykendall, a former MLS player who died of a rare form of cancer earlier this year.
For more information on Shawn and how to support the Kuykenstrong Foundation, visit www.Kuykenstrong.com.
Segment 1: The buildup to Wednesday's USA v Mexico friendly is all about Bayern Munich teenager Julian Green, who will be making his debut under Jurgen Klinsmann after committing his international future to the United States -- over Germany -- earlier this year.
Segment 2: ESPN's Alejandro Moreno, former J.J. Pearce HS and Dallas Texans star, returns to the show to assess the Mexico side of things as part of our preview before heading to the desert himself to join Ian Darke and Taylor Twellman in a three-man booth that will call the match in Phoenix.
Segment 3: Former U.S. Olympic captain Brian Dunseth, now an accomplished broadcaster, reunites with the boys to give Dunny his chance to weigh in on Julian Green, David Beckham's latest stadium pronouncements in Miami and other pertinent USMNT/MLS matters.
Segment 4: A World Cup staged exclusively in Texas? Steve and Stein, taking their cues from a Reddit campaign pushing the idea, consider the feasibility of this fantasy actually happening.
Another home game. Another win. Another master class from Mauro. Here's your match highlights:
It's just about time for home game #3 at Toyota Stadium this season and so far we've seen two thrilling wins netting FCD six points and six goals. Saturday's game against Portland should be another thriller and here's the ten things you need to know before heading out to Toyota Stadium:
1. For all those Toyota drivers out there, show us how you go to tomorrow's game and you could win VIP suite tix and a free weekend rental of a Toyota!
2. We've extended our very popular college night promotion to tomorrow night! That means all college students with valid ID can score an endline ticket for just $10 at the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow night while supplies last.
3. As always, arrive early to Toyota Stadium as this week's honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be none other than team captain Andrew Jacobson! AJ will be scarfing the statue just before 7:00PM so get there early and cheer on our team captain.
4. In addition, AJ will be signing autographs tomorrow AFTER the game in the El Jimador Cantina located in the northwest terrace of the stadium. You're going to want to check out this new Toyota Stadium spot before and after every game!
5. Another reason to get there early, the first 5,000 fans will receive a free clapper courtesy of Saturday's presenting match partner, Toyota.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against Portland. The Timbers have struggled early in the season without a win in their first three games, but their midfield trio should give Dallas a very tough test on Saturday. Drew Epperley scouts Portland in his weekly "Know Your Enemy" piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. We've earned some nice weather after a couple cold games to start the season and we'll get it tomorrow night! The forecast calls for sunny and 75 degrees which means we could get a huge walkup crowd - yet another reason to arrive early to avoid the lines!
9. Kickoff is set for 7:30PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. FCD is in first place and undefeated with the highest-scoring offense in the league through three games. You don't want to miss tomorrow night's game. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, click here to secure yours!
Here's your Quick Kicks for this week talking to Oscar, Kellyn & Je-Vaughn about this weekend's tough matchup against the Portland Timbers:
Here's this week's Toyota Keys to the Match where we discuss what FCD needs to do to keep their unbeaten season going against Portland: