Incredible. FC Dallas came from behind to beat the 2014 MLS Cup Champion LA Galaxy 2-1 tonight at Toyota Stadium. Here are the highlights with a Hollywood ending:
After nearly three weeks, FC Dallas is back home on Saturday night for a huge home game vs the LA Galaxy! FCD boasts a 3-1-0 record in four home games this year and currently sit tied for first place in the Western Conference and MLS with 17 points from nine matches. Here are the ten things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium for #FCDvLA:
1. In honor of Mother's Day, Norma Hunt will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM in Lamar's Tailgate on the North Concourse! Be sure to get there early for a great spot.
2. Be sure to set your DVR's to record the brand new FC Dallas Extra Time magazine show airing at 7:00PM prior to the TXA21 broadcast of Saturday night's match against LA.
3. Our brand new May Scarf of the Month is now on sale in the team store and it's dedicated to legendary mascot Tex Hooper. Be sure to grab one in the team store on Saturday before they sell out!
4. Speaking of team score, you're definitely going to want to grab one of our exclusive match posters(pictured to the left) with the amazing Star Wars theme.
5. Just like they didn't get too low after a tough loss at home to Colorado earlier this year, FC Dallas is focusing on not getting too high after last week's big win over Houston.
6. As for Saturday's opponents Los Angeles, things are a little bit up and down for the 2014 MLS Cup champs. Read all about them with our Know Your Enemy feature.
7. We're launching a new in-stadium text program for this game with updates on stuff going on around the stadium, highlights, any weather updates and maybe a special treat or two. Text MATCH6 to 444-222 to get included in the free in-stadium text program.
8. Speaking of weather, Saturday could get a little bit interesting again with potential thunderstorms in the forecast. As with all the rain this last week, some days there is nothing and other days there is some hairy stuff so be sure to take a look at the radar before heading to Toyota Stadium.
9. Saturday's game will be broadcast locally in HD on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Kevin Hartman on the call. For English radio tune to 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and catch the game in Spanish on 1270AM with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. Tickets are available for Saturday's game RIGHT HERE. It's one of just two home games left between now and June 26th so be sure to join us at Toyota Stadium for a huge Western Conference match against Los Angeles!
Here are your Keys to the Match driven by Toyota for Saturday's big game against the LA Galaxy:
You've got a tough choice to make this week. FC Dallas scored four beautiful goals on Friday night in Houston and both Mauro Diaz and Fabian Castillo's second half goals have been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week.
Are you a fan of the beautiful touch and toepoke of Fabian or Mauro's top-of-the-box rocket? Take your pick, but be sure to vote FC Dallas!
WATCH: GOTW Week 9
Fabian Castillo and Mauro Diaz had epic matches in Houston on Friday each scoring a goal and two assists. For their efforts, they were both named to the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for week 9 of the MLS season. Castillo has been named to two of the last three TOTW's, four this season and currently sits tied for the MLS lead with five assists in nine appearances.
Here's what they had to say about the performances:
M: Mauro Díaz (FC Dallas) – If his goal and two assists against Houston are any indication, it was worth the wait to get Diaz back and in good form for FC Dallas, as he had one of his best games in MLS against the Dynamo.
M: Fabián Castillo (FC Dallas) – Castillo was the yang to Diaz’s yin for FCD, and part of his genius is that he’s able to pull off both spectacular skill and tangible production, as he notched a goal and two assists as well.
Additionally, head coach Oscar Pareja was named as the coach of the week:
Coach: Oscar Pareja (FC Dallas) – Had his team flying against their rivals as both Diaz and Castillo had their skills on full display against the Dynamo.
Diaz and Castillo, as well as captain Matt Hedges, earned nods from Goal.com for their team of the week as well.
Our May Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the best mascot in MLS, our very own Tex Hooper!
You may not be Tex Hooper, but you can look like him with this fun design which, on one side, has the Tex Hooper name mark with the FC Dallas logo which comes together when you wear it. On the other side is where the magic happens with Tex Hooper horns that make you look like Tex when you hold it up to your head.
Now, normally you hold the scarf high above your head, but this one is best held like you see to the left with Victor Ulloa.
This unique scarf will definitely sell out, so be sure to stop by the team store this week or at Saturday's match against Los Angeles to get your brand new May Scarf of the Month dedicated to the big man, Tex Hooper!
We just got done watching FC Dallas #CrushTheOrange at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston last Friday and while you'll have to wait until the end of June for another MLS Texas Derby, our FC Dallas Academy hosts the Dynamo this Sunday in the annual Academy Day at Toyota Stadium!
The U-18s kick things off at 2:00PM in what is not only the final home match for our graduating U-18 players, but it's an enormous match in the standings.
Just a few weeks ago, the U-18s were ten points behind Houston in the Frontier Division standings, but a 7-0-1 run in their last eight games coupled with the Dynamo slipping up last weekend means the U-18s are only five points behind Houston with five games left including two games in hand on their I-45 rivals.
As everyone knows, results are not the be all end all when it comes to developing players, but FCD has won the U-18 division nearly every season of existence including the last two years and we want to defend that title.
The U-16 match follows at 4:30PM and if you haven't seen these guys play, they're dang fun to watch. Wingers Devin Vega and Toshiki Yasuda have combined to score 34 goals in 20 games this season while the entire squad has logged an incredible 17-2-3 record this season. They can seal the U-16 Frontier Division with four games left in the season if they grab a win on Sunday.
Admission is completely free, there will be street tacos and drinks on sale and you have a great opportunity to see the future of FC Dallas on a special day for them as they close out their home schedule in the 2014-2015 season before the playoffs begin!
*NOTE* Please enter through the north gates on Sunday.
These are simply amazing. 4-1. Again. Your highlights:
We're just a little over 24 hours away from the first Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk of 2015 and the local Univision sports anchors in Dallas and Houston have made the first bet of the weekend.
For those who don't speak spanish, Enrique challenged Pedro to a bet of whoever's team wins the first round of the Texas Derby, the other anchor will have to wear the winning team's jersey on the air. Of course, Pedro was quick to accept the challenge knowing that FC Dallas is pretty much guaranteed to get the W on Friday night.
Stay tuned on this one and be sure to follow Pedro on Twitter @PedritoSilva and Enrique @Enriquedeportes to see how this all plays out!
We have picked our ten winners in the Dr Pepper #FCDOneOfAKind social media promotion to win two tickets to next Saturday's match vs Los Angeles Galaxy!
Now is the time for you to vote for your three favorites to win VIP prize packs and behind-the-scences tours!
Check out the winners and pick your three favorites! Voting closes on Monday, May 4th at 12:00PM central time and winners will be contacted directly!