FC Dallas was incredibly proud to be named the 2013 Editors' Choice Best DFW Sports Team by D Magazine and now we need your help to take home a trio of awards in 2014!
Raul Fernandez made his first start of 2014 just this past weekend and he's been nominated for Best DFW Athlete. Toyota Stadium is set to have the highest FC Dallas average attendance in stadium history in 2014 and our home has been nominated for Best DFW Sports Venue. Third and finally, FC Dallas is nominated for Best DFW Sports Team.
You're allowed to vote once a day and voting runs from today through Sunday, May 11.
Here's what head coach Oscar Pareja had to say after Sunday's 1-0 loss to New York:
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium after a weekend away on Sunday as they'll host the New York Red Bulls in a rare visit from the Gotham City club. Here's 10 things to know about Sunday's game:
1. You definitely don't want to miss our Cinco de Mayo celebration in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium tomorrow. Gates are opening 30 minutes early at 12:00PM and the party runs all the way until kickoff at 2:00PM with $1 tacos and $4 beer/mixed drinks.
2. The autograph schedule for tomorrow's party: Peter Luccin & George John from 12:30 - 1:00, Zach Loyd & Michel from 1:00 - 1:30.
3. As always, you don't want to miss our Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony and Sunday's one will be special as SMU head basketball coach and basketball hall of famer Larry Brown will have the honors on Sunday. The ceremony typically takes place a little more than 30 minutes before kickoff.
4. The New York Red Bulls bring a hot team to Toyota Stadium on Sunday and right now they're being led by a player other than one of their DP's. Read all about it.
5. Speaking of hot, it's going to be a toasty one on Sunday as summer rears its head for the first time this year. Bring some sunscreen and your sunglasses, but remember that umbrellas are not allowed inside Toyota Stadium.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. If you can't make Sunday's match, kickoff is set for 2:06PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. You can get caught up on everything #FCDvNY with our official MLSsoccer.com match preview.
10. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, beat the box office lines on matchday and secure yours here!
Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match for Sunday's game vs New York:
FCDTV went behind the scenes recently with the U-18 Academy team as they faced two-time defending EPL Academy champions Fulham FC in the opening game of Dallas Cup XXXV. Enjoy our mini-documentary:
Sunday's game against New York Red Bulls is tracking to be another huge crowd at Toyota Stadium and we want to invite everyone to come out early for our Cinco de Mayo party in the El Jimador Cantina.
We're opening gates 30 minutes earlier than normal at noon and welcoming everyone to come grab lunch in the northwest terrace at Toyota Stadium where we'll be offering $1 tacos, $4 beers and $4 special mixed drinks to get everyone ready for our huge match against Thierry Henry, Tim Cahill and the Red Bulls.
One of the most popular new additions to Toyota Stadium in 2014, The LHK, will be DJ'ing while FCD players will hold autograph signings as well. Autograph schedule:
12:30 - 1:00: George John & Peter Luccin
1:00 - 1:30: Zach Loyd & Michel
Additionally, we have a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer this week as SMU basketball Head Coach and Basketball Hall of Famer Larry Brown will have the honors this Sunday.
We'll see everyone early on Sunday at Toyota Stadium as we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the El Jimador Cantina before FC Dallas takes on the New York Red Bulls in their only visit to Frisco this year.
Saturday's 4-1 loss to DC United isn't one that FC Dallas fans will want to replay too many times, but there was one moment of brilliance from Mauro Diaz and FC Dallas. Fabian Castillo, Blas Perez and Mauro combined to score of the best team goals of the season so far in MLS and that goal has been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week. For Mauro, this is his third nomination of the season on his third goal of the year.
WATCH: GOTW Week 8
The second annual FC Dallas Academy Day returns to Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 as our first-place US Soccer Development Academy teams take on local side Dallas Texans.
Come watch the future of FC Dallas play on the stadium field in our annual celebration of the FC Dallas Academy with a tripleheader of matches.
Festivities kick off with the U-14s playing at 10:00AM, U-18s at 12:30PM and U-16s at 3:00PM. In addition, the FC Dallas first team will be practicing at the Toyota Soccer Center in the morning(time TBA) so you’ll have the opportunity to watch the pros train before Sunday’s big game against New York, then come watch the Academy in a crucial tripleheader of matches.
We will have street tacos on sale all afternoon while Tex Hooper and FC Drum powered by TXU Energy will be at Toyota Stadium from 11:30 – 1:30. The FC Dallas Team Store will also be open from 10:00AM to 2:00PM with all your FCD gear including our brand new LH Lifestyle line.
Did we mention admission and parking are both completely free?
We’ll see you out at Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 for our second annual FC Dallas Academy Day!
It's time to turn our attention to Saturday's game against DC United and we break down what FCD needs to do for three more points in this week's Toyota Keys to the Match:
Matt Hedges is having his best season yet in 2014, earning a new contract extension and drawing calls for USMNT inclusion. He had another fantastic game on Saturday against TFC turning into an offensive juggernaut with a goal and an assist in the 2-1 victory.
For his efforts, he's earned a spot in the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 7. Hedges completed 42 of 48 passes on Saturday, had four interceptions and five recoveries according to the OPTA Chalkboard. Hedges has started 62 of the last 64 FCD games dating back to mid-2012 with eight goals scored in that time. He already has two goals scored in the first seven games of 2014 and needs just one more to tie his single-season high.