It's just about time for home game #3 at Toyota Stadium this season and so far we've seen two thrilling wins netting FCD six points and six goals. Saturday's game against Portland should be another thriller and here's the ten things you need to know before heading out to Toyota Stadium:
1. For all those Toyota drivers out there, show us how you go to tomorrow's game and you could win VIP suite tix and a free weekend rental of a Toyota!
2. We've extended our very popular college night promotion to tomorrow night! That means all college students with valid ID can score an endline ticket for just $10 at the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow night while supplies last.
3. As always, arrive early to Toyota Stadium as this week's honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be none other than team captain Andrew Jacobson! AJ will be scarfing the statue just before 7:00PM so get there early and cheer on our team captain.
4. In addition, AJ will be signing autographs tomorrow AFTER the game in the El Jimador Cantina located in the northwest terrace of the stadium. You're going to want to check out this new Toyota Stadium spot before and after every game!
5. Another reason to get there early, the first 5,000 fans will receive a free clapper courtesy of Saturday's presenting match partner, Toyota.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against Portland. The Timbers have struggled early in the season without a win in their first three games, but their midfield trio should give Dallas a very tough test on Saturday. Drew Epperley scouts Portland in his weekly "Know Your Enemy" piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. We've earned some nice weather after a couple cold games to start the season and we'll get it tomorrow night! The forecast calls for sunny and 75 degrees which means we could get a huge walkup crowd - yet another reason to arrive early to avoid the lines!
9. Kickoff is set for 7:30PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. FCD is in first place and undefeated with the highest-scoring offense in the league through three games. You don't want to miss tomorrow night's game. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, click here to secure yours!
Here's your Quick Kicks for this week talking to Oscar, Kellyn & Je-Vaughn about this weekend's tough matchup against the Portland Timbers:
Here's this week's Toyota Keys to the Match where we discuss what FCD needs to do to keep their unbeaten season going against Portland:
Saturday night's home game against Portland is presented by Toyota and they want to see how FC Dallas fans go places to Toyota Stadium for the FCD game in their Toyota.
Here's how you can win:
-Get yourself, your friends or your family together on Saturday and post a creative, fun picture of yourself or your crew going to Saturday's FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers game in a Toyota and post it on either Twitter or Instagram using both hashtags, #LetsGoPlaces #FCDallas.
-We'll pick our favorite on Monday and they'll receive 4 tickets to be a VIP guest in the Toyota suite for our Saturday, April 12 game against Seattle Sounders FC. Also, you'll get a special FREE weekend rental of a Toyota vehicle of your choice!
So before you go to the game in your Toyota on Saturday, take a fun picture and post it to either Twitter or Instagram using hashtags #LetsGoPlaces & #FCDallas! We'll pick our favorite and you could be sitting in the Toyota suite for our next match vs Clint Dempsey and Seattle Sounders FC!
We're only through week three of the season and power rankings are tough to put too much stock into, but FCD's case is an interesting one because the national pundits vary wildly on where Oscar Pareja's undefeated team stands in the league pyramid at the moment. Let's take a look at some of the power rankings:
Starting off with Soccer By Ives, Dan Karell has FCD in ninth place, one of the lowest you'll find. Dan says:
"FC Dallas put Chivas USA back in their place when they visited Toyota Stadium on Saturday. Mauro Diaz continues to be the heartbeat of the FC Dallas midfield and a healthy Michel only helps on set pieces."
Liviu Bird of SI.com has FCD a spot higher in 8th saying:
"Dallas had plenty of scoring chances against Chivas but struggled to convert until the second half. Fabián Castillo made a good run from deep on a free kick to give his team the lead, and two more goals followed as Dallas turned a close game into a comfortable result. Óscar Pareja’s team is already clicking better than last year."
The clearly brilliant friends of ours at MLSsoccer.com have FCD jumping all the way up to the top spot in MLS at #1:
A more local take, Kevin Lindstrom at 3rd Degree has FC Dallas in 7th saying:
"While the top record in the West has a lot of FCD fans giddy with excitement, there still remains questions about this club. Injuries again rear their ugly head, and the late, questionable tackle from Thomas put Pareja’s men in a tight spot with what has got to be a frustrated and getting close to desperate Timbers group coming into town for Saturday’s clash. Diaz is the real deal at home, and we saw both wings blossom against a solid Chivas USA side last Saturday..."
ProSoccerTalk has FCD up five spots into eighth this week after Saturday's win:
"Pros – most points in the league; MLS’s best attack; Mauro Díaz and Fabian Castillo; a set-up that is going to give Castillo and Je-Vaughn Watson a chance to embarrass defenders all year. Cons – their schedule; their defense; not knowing whether Watson can maintain Saturday’s level all season. (2-0-1)"
ESPNFC thinks highly of FCD having them at the #5 spot after week three:
"Mauro Diaz continued to blaze a path toward legend status in Dallas, as his influence on Saturday's 3-1 win over Chivas USA was considerable. His through-ball on Je-Vaughn Watson's goal was sublime. The only downer for FCD? Hendry Thomas' red card."
Here are all the best shots from Saturday's game vs Chivas USA:
The accolades are rolling in for FC Dallas players after Saturday's 3-1 win over Chivas USA. For the second time this season and second home game in a row, Mauro Diaz and Fabian Castillo were named to the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week.
They had this to say about the FCD players:
MF: Fabián Castillo (FC Dallas) – Rampaged through Chivas USA’s soft middle during the first half, and started the scoring by linking up well with his teammates.
MF: Mauro Díaz (FC Dallas) – The young DP bounced back from a quiet performance last week with another strong game, showing he can set teammates up on dead balls as well as the run of play.
Maybe we could've gotten Je-Vaughn Watson at least on the bench for his performance, but we won't complain about getting two players on the list.
The ProSoccerTalk guys also had Fabian and Mauro in their best XI adding a deserved inclusion for Jair Benitez who did a great job with Mauro Rosales on Saturday night.
Jair Benítez, FC Dallas – What was supposed to be a matchup between him and Chivas USA right midfielder Mauro Rosales never materialized. Instead, Benítez used the space he was afforded to have an impact going forward, especially as Dallas turned up the heat in the second half.
Winning is fun.
EDIT: Our $10 link has expired but we've seen such great success that we're opening it up at the gates! Show up to the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow with your student ID and you can score a $10 endline ticket while supplies last!
Attention college students! Saturday night at Toyota Stadium is college night and we're offering a great discount for you to watch first-place FC Dallas take on the Portland Timbers.
College students can score $10 endline tickets for Saturday night's game as first-place and undefeated FC Dallas battles Western Conference rival Portland Timbers in what should be another heart-stopping game at Toyota Stadium.
Students with a valid ID can purchase $10 endline tickets while supplies last by showing your student ID at the north box office.
All tickets previously purchased through the link will be at north box office will call and can be picked up with a valid student ID!
More greatness taking a final look back at Saturday's win over Chivas USA:
EDIT: Castillo currently leads voting with only one day left! Get those votes in for Fabian!
For the second week out of three, FC Dallas is nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
This week, it's Fabian Castillo's 71st-minute strike to give FC Dallas the lead in their 3-1 victory over Chivas USA. With the goal, Castillo has already equaled his goal output for 2013 and looks set for his biggest year yet in 2014.
WATCH: GOTW Week 3