Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match for Sunday's game vs New York:
Hear from Oscar Pareja, Kellyn Acosta & Matt Hedges ahead of Saturday's game at DC United:
Matt Doyle & Dan Haiek from MLSsoccer.com broke down Saturday's FC Dallas game at DC United in their weekly Scouting Report:
It's time to turn our attention to Saturday's game against DC United and we break down what FCD needs to do for three more points in this week's Toyota Keys to the Match:
By Mohammad Bushnaq
So far this year, FC Dallas has sent out Jonathan Top (Arizona United SC) and Cobi Span (Orlando City SC) on loans to USL Pro in order to help both individuals gain more first team minutes. Both players have shown well since for themselves at their respective clubs since being loaned, with each boasting a game-winning goal.
Let's take a look at each player's progress since being sent out on loan:
Brian "Cobi" Span (loaned to Orlando City SC on April 2nd, 2014):
WATCH: Span scores winner
Since being loaned to Orlando City, Cobi has made one home appearance for the first team, but it was a big one. After not appearing in the match immediately following his loan to the team, Span made his first appearance for Orlando City in the 55th minute of a scoreless game vs. the Charleston Battery on April 12, 2014. It took Cobi 17 minutes to make an impact for his new team, finishing off a low cross at the back post for his debut goal in the 82nd minute. That goal would hold up, pushing Orlando City SC to the top of the USL Pro table.
Orlando City SC defeated the FC Dallas Reserves 3-2 last night at Toyota Stadium with Cobi starting the match, but failing to score. They'll next visit Oklahoma City Energy FC on Saturday April 26.
Jonathan Top (loaned to Arizona United SC on April 8th, 2014):
WATCH: Top wins it for AUSC
Jonathan Top wasted no time making his debut for Arizona United SC in the first match of their USL Pro campaign on April12. Unfortunately for Top, his team went down a man early in that match (vs. OKC Energy FC) and he was never really able to find his groove before being subbed out in the 59th minute. However, the next week was a different story.
On April 19, Arizona hosted Sacramento Republic FC. Jonathan Top played the full 90 minutes, successfully scoring the game-winning goal in front of the home crowd in the 85th minute. Top started the play with a through ball, made a run to the attacking third, and finished off the sequence with the decisive goal to give Arizona their first win of the season and first win in franchise history. Top's 90-minute goal-scoring effort was enough to earn him USL PRO Player of the Week!
Arizona United SC host LA Galaxy II on Friday April 25 before the Charlotte Eagles visit Peoria Sports Complex on Saturday May 3.
By Mohammad Bushnaq
FC Dallas finished off their four home games in five weeks marathon with a 3-1-0 record. Now, FC Dallas travels to the nation's capital to take on a D.C. United team with eight points from six games, good enough for 4th place in the Eastern Conference. Last season, FC Dallas defeated D.C. United at Toyota Stadium 2-1 in their only matchup of the season.
WATCH: FCD vs DC - 2013
May 11, 2013 - FC Dallas 2 D.C. United 1: FC Dallas entered this mid-May matchup riding high, unbeaten in seven matches at home (eight matches overall). FC Dallas opened the scoring when Jackson finished a hard-shot past D.C. keeper Joe Willis in the 11th minute. D.C. found an equalizer before the half as Dwayne De Rosario beat Chris Seitz on a low shot after a quick restart to get his team back on level terms. It was the first goal FC Dallas had allowed in the first half all season. FC Dallas would not be denied the victory in front of the home crowd, though. In what seems to be a trend for FC Dallas teams, the Hoops struck on a set-piece in the 77th minute. Je-Vaughn Watson had a Michel corner go in off his chest for the lead, giving FC Dallas their 8th goal off set pieces two months in to the season. FC Dallas would hold on to extend their unbeaten streaks in front of 14,322 and remain in first place with 24 points in the Supporters Shield Race.
Matt Hedges is having his best season yet in 2014, earning a new contract extension and drawing calls for USMNT inclusion. He had another fantastic game on Saturday against TFC turning into an offensive juggernaut with a goal and an assist in the 2-1 victory.
For his efforts, he's earned a spot in the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 7. Hedges completed 42 of 48 passes on Saturday, had four interceptions and five recoveries according to the OPTA Chalkboard. Hedges has started 62 of the last 64 FCD games dating back to mid-2012 with eight goals scored in that time. He already has two goals scored in the first seven games of 2014 and needs just one more to tie his single-season high.
We discuss what FCD needs to do to get back on track against Toronto FC in this week's Toyota Keys to the Match:
After a week on the road, we're back at Toyota Stadium tonight for one of the matches of the season as first-place FC Dallas hosts Seattle Sounders FC fresh off their 4-4 draw in Portland that saw Texas-native Clint Dempsey score a hat trick. Tonight has the potential to be a special one in Frisco and here's the 10 things you need to know before heading to tonight's match:
1. It's Frisco ISD night at the stadium and Dr. Jeremy Lyon, Frisco ISD Superintendent, will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue. Frisco ISD and FC Dallas have as closely knit of a partnership as any MLS team and they have been instrumental in helping our aspiring Academy players train on a daily basis while still having a normal high school workload.
2. As always, you'll want to arrive early tonight as we're expecting another huge crowd tonight, likely the biggest of the season yet.
3. Tonight's game represents a matchup of the two highest scoring teams in Major League Soccer so far this season with FCD & Seattle combining for 22 goals in ten games. Despite the Sounders offensive prowess, Matt Hedges and Zach Loyd know a strong defensive performance will be key to victory.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Stop by the brand new El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace of Toyota Stadium tonight at halftime and after the game to hear live music from Chet Stevens.
6. Tonight's weather forecast is looking very good with mostly cloudy skies, temperatures in the mid-70s and relatively gusty winds.
7. Tonight's game is set for a 7:30PM kickoff and will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148, 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish)
8. This is only the start of a nine-day stretch of live soccer in north Texas with the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup kicking off on Sunday, Generation adidas Cup kicking off Monday and a reserve match against OKC Energy set for Tuesday night at Toyota Stadium.
9. FC Dallas has a league-leading five players who have scored at least two goals this season. Will it be Mauro Diaz, Je-Vaughn Watson or Fabian Castillo playing hero tonight? Or could someone else step up to score a game-winner?
10. Ticket options are very limited, especially on the east side and endline for tonight's match! If you want to avoid box office lines and possibly being told certain price points are sold out, get your tickets now!
We're nearing Saturday's big game at Toyota Stadium against Seattle Sounders FC and we break down what FCD needs to do to stay undefeated in this week's Toyota Keys to the Match: